Crediting Jesus for the efforts of others

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Crediting Jesus for the efforts of others

1:12 - 2:15

Unfortunately, this is just one of many examples. Isn't it ridiculous that they credit Jesus for something he didn't do and call it a miracle instead of thanking the doctors (and the advancement of modern science) who operated her for over 15 hours? It does happen in first-world countries as well, but from what I've seen, it seems to be quite popular in third-world countries. Maybe it has something to do with the lack of education, who knows?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2012, 03:27 PM
RE: Crediting Jesus for the efforts of others
Jesus loves me yes I know; Because the bible tells me so.
When the priest goes up my ass; Jesus makes the time go fast.
Thank you Jesus.... Bowing

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 9 users Like Thomas's post
19-07-2012, 03:43 PM
My understanding of thanking Jesus is not so much that he comes down from heaven on a magic bicycle at night and fixes things while nobody's watching and then saying, thanks, buddy. It has more do to with being shepherded through difficult times and kept safe by a divine hand, which also presumably guided the surgeons and everyone else involved. Like, if I thank President Obama for something, it really had more to do with the million odd public servants than his magic penis.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
19-07-2012, 03:45 PM
(19-07-2012 03:43 PM)Ghost Wrote:  My understanding of thanking Jesus is not so much that he comes down from heaven on a magic bicycle at night and fixes things while nobody's watching and then saying, thanks, buddy. It has more do to with being shepherded through difficult times and kept safe by a divine hand, which also presumably guided the surgeons and everyone else involved. Like, if I thank President Obama for something, it really had more to do with the million odd public servants than his magic penis.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
OK, you're wrong. It has to do with disrespecting the efforts and skills of the people who actually did something.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
19-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Tongue I think it's about time.....
[Image: blame.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
19-07-2012, 07:13 PM
(19-07-2012 03:48 PM)kim Wrote:  Tongue I think it's about time.....
[Image: blame.jpg]
You didn't know? The Lord bets on sporting events! You see, people always thank god for the win, but never blame him for the loss. It's clear, he must be betting on games. The fix is in. Evil_monster

Justin
[+] 3 users Like Kinger's post
19-07-2012, 07:55 PM
(19-07-2012 03:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  OK, you're wrong. It has to do with disrespecting the efforts and skills of the people who actually did something.

I agree and it has happened to me a lot and gets me stock raving mad. I hate when people do that. I stepped back and am letting god do for them.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-07-2012, 08:03 PM
It's become more of a blanket statement when you don't know what to say, or so it seems to me. It's for the ignorant. And just like most of you, it pisses me off.

And yet another interesting topic I am not interested in.
19-07-2012, 11:19 PM
That poor child... I'm so glad science could help her in some way. I hope that she'll one day be able to live as normal a life as she possibly can.

This kind of thing is actually a real peeve of mine and hits a personal nerve. I have a condition which causes infertility, and all the praying in the world never did any damn good. I "gave it over to God" like I had been told I should for over 9 years. I wasn't just struggling with the pain of childlessness, but I was also really sick. The illness was even beginning to affect my marriage! I prayed and waited and tried to stay faithful, even though my faith had been slipping for years by then anyway, but I eventually broke and had had enough of the bullshit. I managed to find a doctor to help me, and with hard work, a lot of determination, and the help of science (natural biological methods, though, since I couldn't afford fertility treatments, except the medication I was put on for my general condition), I managed to conceive AND I'm inbetter health than I have ever been. You better believe I won't thank Jesus or God for the good things that have happened to me because I know damn well neither of them had anything to do with it. But, constantly, I'm told I should be thankful to Jesus or God, because THEY are the reason for my better health and my pregnancy. Every single time I hear that, I just get furious! Angry
[+] 3 users Like SlipStitch's post
20-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Just wait till HIV is cured.

Oh boy will they be praising Jesus, Allah er maybe whatever god's some of those tribes worship down there.

All due to hardworking scientist.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.