Creepy Abortion Cartoon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2016, 05:41 AM
RE: Creepy Abortion Cartoon
(25-05-2016 09:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How is showing graphic images of aborted fetuses gonna stop abortion?

Probably the same way that showing graphic factory farming images helps to create vegetarians and vegans.

Believe it or not, humans are very emotional animals.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2016, 06:01 AM
(26-05-2016 05:41 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 09:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  How is showing graphic images of aborted fetuses gonna stop abortion?

Probably the same way that showing graphic factory farming images helps to create vegetarians and vegans.

Neither of those things work.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
26-05-2016, 06:11 AM
(26-05-2016 06:01 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 05:41 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Probably the same way that showing graphic factory farming images helps to create vegetarians and vegans.

Neither of those things work.

Right, because humans are not driven by emotion at all [sarcasm].

Which is why there are no vegans/vegetarians, and everyone is prochoice. Drinking Beverage
26-05-2016, 06:40 AM
(24-05-2016 10:34 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I saw something about this last night on Full Frontal with Samantha Bee but these things really do exist. It's like something out of a nightmare. Hoolee Shit.

I watched the video again today and... it's oddly comforting.... I think it's the music. It reminds me of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood and stuff like that...

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
26-05-2016, 07:03 AM
(26-05-2016 06:11 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 06:01 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Neither of those things work.

Right, because humans are not driven by emotion at all [sarcasm].

Which is why there are no vegans/vegetarians, and everyone is prochoice. Drinking Beverage

Just like the anti-choice people you like to think people are as easily persuaded/bullied as you but most people aren't. That's why we have legal abortion and still eat meat. Most vegans go back to non vegan within 3 months to 2yrs.

But keep on banging that drum and shaking that tambourine, it doesn't bother me at all.

26-05-2016, 12:12 PM
(26-05-2016 07:03 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 06:11 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Right, because humans are not driven by emotion at all [sarcasm].

Just like the anti-choice people you like to think people are as easily persuaded/bullied as you but most people aren't. That's why we have legal abortion and still eat meat. Most vegans go back to non vegan within 3 months to 2yrs.

But keep on banging that drum and shaking that tambourine, it doesn't bother me at all.

Look, all I'm doing is stating "why" pro-lifers show abortion images. I'm sure they gain some converts, in the same way that showing factory farming images/videos win some.

Just pointing out that the mechanism is an appeal to emotion.

The prolifers believe they can change minds with those images, and I'm sure they change at least a few.
26-05-2016, 06:07 PM
(26-05-2016 12:12 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 07:03 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Just like the anti-choice people you like to think people are as easily persuaded/bullied as you but most people aren't. That's why we have legal abortion and still eat meat. Most vegans go back to non vegan within 3 months to 2yrs.

Look, all I'm doing is stating "why" pro-lifers show abortion images. I'm sure they gain some converts, in the same way that showing factory farming images/videos win some.

The prolifers believe they can change minds with those images, and I'm sure they change at least a few.

Yes but that isn't really what you were saying when you denied my claim of it doesn't work. I never said they didn't use it, I said it didn't work. In the long run it doesn't, as a whole. It's not a big issue but the reality is not what you think it is.

Most people eat meat regardless of the images that get pointed out, that is the fact. AND out of the ones that do give it up, an overwhelming majority go back to meat. So it might look like it works but in the long run it doesn't.

Most people support the right to abortions, that's why we still have legal abortion rights. A few people might be persuaded to change their minds with images or videos but the majority do not. And I would put money on the majority of ones that do change their minds are probably not just subjected to "only" images but also person to person pressure or bullying.

I'm saying that your claim is weak, that's all. So weak as to make little or no difference. The reasoning is that they want you to think it works and makes a difference but the reality is, it doesn't really. Peace.

26-05-2016, 06:16 PM
(26-05-2016 06:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 12:12 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  Look, all I'm doing is stating "why" pro-lifers show abortion images. I'm sure they gain some converts, in the same way that showing factory farming images/videos win some.

Yes but that isn't really what you were saying when you denied my claim of it doesn't work. I never said they didn't use it, I said it didn't work. In the long run it doesn't, as a whole. It's not a big issue but the reality is not what you think it is.

Most people eat meat regardless of the images that get pointed out, that is the fact. AND out of the ones that do give it up, an overwhelming majority go back to meat. So it might look like it works but in the long run it doesn't.

Most people support the right to abortions, that's why we still have legal abortion rights. A few people might be persuaded to change their minds with images or videos but the majority do not. And I would put money on the majority of ones that do change their minds are probably not just subjected to "only" images but also person to person pressure or bullying.

I'm saying that your claim is weak, that's all. So weak as to make little or no difference. The reasoning is that they want you to think it works and makes a difference but the reality is, it doesn't really. Peace.

I guess it comes down to how one defines success. Perhaps some prolifers would consider their efforts a success if they convince one woman to have her baby rather than abort. Maybe images of abortions would be the straw that breaks the camels back in some cases. If success is defined as making all abortions illegal, then no, I don't think that will happen.

I think you misunderstood my claim. I never said that showing images of abortions will bring about the end of abortions, but I do believe it will have an effect on some people.
26-05-2016, 06:21 PM
(26-05-2016 06:16 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(26-05-2016 06:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yes but that isn't really what you were saying when you denied my claim of it doesn't work. I never said they didn't use it, I said it didn't work. In the long run it doesn't, as a whole. It's not a big issue but the reality is not what you think it is.

I guess it comes down to how one defines success. Perhaps some prolifers would consider their efforts a success if they convince one woman to have her baby rather than abort. Maybe images of abortions would be the straw that breaks the camels back in some cases. If success is defined as making all abortions illegal, then no, I don't think that will happen.

I think you misunderstood my claim. I never said that showing images of abortions will bring about the end of abortions, but I do believe it will have an effect on some people.

Okay.

26-05-2016, 10:19 PM
(25-05-2016 08:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:  OK, as anyone may have noticed, I'm pretty literal-minded. Parody. OK. But I wouldn't put it past a godbot to present this to a young audience as an argument against abortion.

It is a over the top. The scene there his heart started beating was a clue or how he described himself as a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Then again militant pro lifers are just fucking crazy.

They consider abortion to be an ongoing holacaust and believe abortion doctors should be tried and hanged for crimes against humanity.

This association between abortion doctors and Nazi war criminals is very common. Meet Neal Horsely.

He used to run an anti abortion website called The Nuremburg Files in which he publicly cataloged the names and addresses of abortion providers along with annotations for which ones were killed or seriously injured in attacks by zealots.

He also moonlights in homophobia. Here he is protesting in fron of Elton John's high rise condo in Atlanta.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade