Creepy Jehovah's Witness Sex-Ed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Creepy Jehovah's Witness Sex-Ed
I have been out of the JWs for a long time. They had a messed up perception of sex and intimacy while I was a member, but in recent years it's gotten worse. Check out this excerpt from their so-called children's book, Learn from the Great Teacher, Lesson 10, entitled "Jesus' Power Over the Demons".

They start out by recounting the story of Noah, and how "angels" started lusting after human females and created a race of giants that beat up on everyone around them. The flood came and swept away the giants, but the "angels" left their human bodies so they wouldn't be killed in the flood. They state matter-of-factly that these bad angels became Satan's demons.

Quote:Since the time of the Flood, God has not let the demons become like humans anymore. But even though we cannot see them, the demons still try to get people to do very bad things. They are causing more trouble than ever before. This is because they have been thrown out of heaven down to the earth.

Do you know why we cannot see the demons?—It is because they are invisible. But we can be sure that they are alive. The Bible says that Satan is ‘misleading people in all the world,’ and his demons are helping him.—Revelation 12:9, 12.

Can the Devil and his demons mislead, or fool, us too?— Yes, they can if we are not careful. But we do not need to be afraid. The Great Teacher said: ‘The Devil has no hold on me.’ If we keep close to God, he will protect us from the Devil and his demons.—John 14:30.

It is important that we know what bad things the demons will try to get us to do. So think about it. What bad things did the demons do when they came to earth?— Before the Flood, they had sex relations with women, something that was not right for angels to do. Today the demons like it when people do not obey God’s law about sex relations. Let me ask you, Who only should have sex relations?—You are right, only married people.

Today some young boys and girls have sex relations, but this is wrong for them. The Bible talks about the male “genital organ,” or penis. (Leviticus 15:1-3) The female genital parts are called the vulva. Jehovah created these parts of the body for a special purpose that should be enjoyed only by married people. It makes the demons happy when people do things that are forbidden by Jehovah. For example, the demons like it when a boy and a girl play with each other’s penis or vulva. We don’t want to make the demons happy, do we?

Shocking Angry
I feel sick when I read this shit, knowing that my nieces and nephews (as well as millions of other kids) are being brainwashed like this. Seriously, this is upsetting on a level that I can't even explain. It's psychological terrorism toward children. It's psychological abuse to equate healthy, normal sexual activity and experimentation to "making the demons happy".

Freedom to spew this crap by slapping a 'religious education' label on it is protected by law. How the hell do we fix this? How can religions be made to stop polluting the minds of children with this garbage?

/rant

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Scully's post
27-05-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Creepy Jehovah's Witness Sex-Ed
Children's book? Shocking I didn't know the actual names for sexual organs when I was a child. I can't help but think the Asleep at your Watchtower Post! are doing better. In a far worse way that ever possible. *facepalm*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
27-05-2013, 08:34 PM

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
27-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Vulva. That's not a word you read every day.

Well, at least I don't. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-05-2013, 08:51 PM
(27-05-2013 08:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Vulva. That's not a word you read every day.

Well, at least I don't. Confused

Of course you don't read vulvas. Those aren't meant to be read.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like KVron's post
27-05-2013, 09:02 PM
(27-05-2013 08:51 PM)KVron Wrote:  Of course you don't read vulvas. Those aren't meant to be read.

Not true. I've been reading vulvas for years and have been able to predict the next fifteen minutes of the woman's future with astonishing accuracy. Cool

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
27-05-2013, 09:04 PM
(27-05-2013 08:05 PM)Scully Wrote:  I have been out of the JWs for a long time. They had a messed up perception of sex and intimacy while I was a member, but in recent years it's gotten worse. Check out this excerpt from their so-called children's book, Learn from the Great Teacher, Lesson 10, entitled "Jesus' Power Over the Demons".

They start out by recounting the story of Noah, and how "angels" started lusting after human females and created a race of giants that beat up on everyone around them. The flood came and swept away the giants, but the "angels" left their human bodies so they wouldn't be killed in the flood. They state matter-of-factly that these bad angels became Satan's demons.

Quote:Since the time of the Flood, God has not let the demons become like humans anymore. But even though we cannot see them, the demons still try to get people to do very bad things. They are causing more trouble than ever before. This is because they have been thrown out of heaven down to the earth.

Do you know why we cannot see the demons?—It is because they are invisible. But we can be sure that they are alive. The Bible says that Satan is ‘misleading people in all the world,’ and his demons are helping him.—Revelation 12:9, 12.

Can the Devil and his demons mislead, or fool, us too?— Yes, they can if we are not careful. But we do not need to be afraid. The Great Teacher said: ‘The Devil has no hold on me.’ If we keep close to God, he will protect us from the Devil and his demons.—John 14:30.

It is important that we know what bad things the demons will try to get us to do. So think about it. What bad things did the demons do when they came to earth?— Before the Flood, they had sex relations with women, something that was not right for angels to do. Today the demons like it when people do not obey God’s law about sex relations. Let me ask you, Who only should have sex relations?—You are right, only married people.

Today some young boys and girls have sex relations, but this is wrong for them. The Bible talks about the male “genital organ,” or penis. (Leviticus 15:1-3) The female genital parts are called the vulva. Jehovah created these parts of the body for a special purpose that should be enjoyed only by married people. It makes the demons happy when people do things that are forbidden by Jehovah. For example, the demons like it when a boy and a girl play with each other’s penis or vulva. We don’t want to make the demons happy, do we?

Shocking Angry
I feel sick when I read this shit, knowing that my nieces and nephews (as well as millions of other kids) are being brainwashed like this. Seriously, this is upsetting on a level that I can't even explain. It's psychological terrorism toward children. It's psychological abuse to equate healthy, normal sexual activity and experimentation to "making the demons happy".

Freedom to spew this crap by slapping a 'religious education' label on it is protected by law. How the hell do we fix this? How can religions be made to stop polluting the minds of children with this garbage?

/rant

Then these children will become adults, get married, and forever equate love and sex to Demons, sin and guilt. Yup, just lovely.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
27-05-2013, 09:06 PM
(27-05-2013 08:05 PM)Scully Wrote:  Today some young boys and girls have sex relations, but this is wrong for them. The Bible talks about the male “genital organ,” or penis. (Leviticus 15:1-3) The female genital parts are called the vulva. Jehovah created these parts of the body for a special purpose that should be enjoyed only by married people. It makes the demons happy when people do things that are forbidden by Jehovah. For example, the demons like it when a boy and a girl play with each other’s penis or vulva. We don’t want to make the demons happy, do we?

I can't imagine the poor boys faces when they're exposed to this crap.

I can't imagine the guilt they feel when they reach puberty, with all those crazy hormones making them to wake up with erections, with sexual feelings they don't understand and still being told that all is caused by demons.

I understand why you feel sick when reading those lines. I can see this as mental slavery and torture. Poor kids.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
27-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Ugh. I remember this shit. My teenaged years were racked with guilt over the fact that I liked busting nuts to the pages of the bikini edition of Sports Illustrated.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
27-05-2013, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 09:42 PM by fstratzero.)
Do they teach male lactation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_lactation

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp