Crescendo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
RE: Crescendo
Soz but that Shrillex is not a good example of crescendo... there is minimal build-up and the peak is a long plateau.
Great to get sweaty to but it's a different emotional reaction.

Bemore's example is better.

But Ravel's Bolero is a much more appropriate example.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Crescendo
Why are you all still trying to give all these lengthy explanations? I've already explained why crescendos impact us on an evolutionary level. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
07-10-2012, 09:27 AM
I think Erx might have nailed it (not literally, maybe its mum possibly....Confused )

I like your example DLJ... the percussion adds some pace and keeps thing going, with the rest of the instruments both matching and variating from the beat.... although the percussion adds structure.

I was trying to think of a classical piece that doesnt have percussion and I thought of this one that got recommended to me by Cufflink a while ago when I first joined the forum.

Its is a piano piece and yet it has many different crescendos and tempos....its quite a rollercoaster.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
07-10-2012, 12:42 PM
(07-10-2012 09:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why are you all still trying to give all these lengthy explanations? I've already explained why crescendos impact us on an evolutionary level. Drinking Beverage

Maybe you were too terse? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Crescendo
(07-10-2012 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 09:10 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why are you all still trying to give all these lengthy explanations? I've already explained why crescendos impact us on an evolutionary level. Drinking Beverage

Maybe you were too terse? Consider

Not deadly enough?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-10-2012, 02:47 PM
I understand music like this very well, that has always made sense. Audio makes sense to me, a rushing predator becomes louder as it approaches or the louder a waterfall is heard the closer we are, we can anticipate it around the next corner- all survival.

Erx makes a good point for touch, the same could be said for degrees of pain and how serious something is becoming.

But what about visual? I guess I really become baffled when it comes down to composition. I've had an eye for taking a good photo before I studied photography- why do I naturally draw to proper composition (which involves types of crescendos)? Something about the wandering river or the peaking mountains draws us in, so would it be landscape and terrain that this bases from? The rule of thirds, balance, golden rule- what makes it so appealing? I was taught what the rules are but not why, curious. (Chas Smile ?)

[Image: ScreenShot2012-10-07at20435PM.png]

[Image: thefairypoolsontheisleofskyescotland.jpg]

[Image: storm.jpg]

[Image: ju08mac087.jpg]

One of the most famous classics that is a prime example of a good crescendo. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
(07-10-2012 08:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Love that song.

And Ato, you are now dead to me. *evil glare*
Hates dubstep... Dodgy

I just can't stand it, everytime I hear it, it makes me want to shoot myself at how this world's music is like... But then I put on some Mozart and forget about the atrocity called Dubstep for a second, and step into the beautiful world of classical, where you get something new everytime.

And then when I am in the mood, I head off from my Mozart solitude to some AC/DC and Queen. Nothing makes you feel quite like the badass I truly am if not listening to Bohemian Rhapsody while carefully typing to you right now...

Basically, I relish the era where men did the work themselves with the instruments they have rather than synthesizing their own in a computer... I find Dubstep, Rap, Pop, and some other songs just plain lazy in my opinion.Drinking Beverage

Sorry.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Bolero is great but I have Skrillex as my ringtone.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-10-2012, 03:01 PM
(07-10-2012 03:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bolero is great but I have Skrillex as my ringtone.

I am sorry for your loss.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-10-2012, 03:04 PM
(07-10-2012 03:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 03:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Bolero is great but I have Skrillex as my ringtone.

I am sorry for your loss.

Hey now, I like pretty much all music. Switched recently to Skrillex after having a Blue October song, cut said "My eyes can't quite focus on the nurse with my Lucky Charms".

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF