Crime against Humanity? Catholicism and Condoms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Crime against Humanity? Catholicism and Condoms
Should the Catholic Church and the Pope in particular be tried for crimes against humanity for its stance on condom use in Africa?

The Catholic church's stance against condoms and its continued lies and propaganda against them is undeniably increasing the incidence and spread of AIDs in east Africa. In addition to issuing religious edicts against them, the church is also spreading lies that condoms are permeable to HIV.

AIDS kills. This is a fact. Condoms help stop AIDS. This is a fact. The Catholic church is fighting the use of condoms. This is a fact.

Therefore the Catholic church is implicit in the deaths of the literally millions of people who die of AIDS in Africa each year.

In my opinion, for this alone the Pope deserves to hang, although I would settle for life imprisonment.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Phaedrus's post
16-09-2012, 02:42 AM
RE: Crime against Humanity? Catholicism and Condoms
With you on this. No hanging. But this perpetuation of the no condom rule is garbage, and does indeed cause unnecessary deaths.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-09-2012, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 04:20 AM by fstratzero.)
I think that making a call like that was reckless and irresponsible.

Anyways hang, burn, etc He probably does deserves all of those things.

But I think the pope recently change his mind...

You know an immutable being changes his mind and reveals it to the pope like that all the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...shift.html

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
16-09-2012, 04:10 AM
(16-09-2012 02:48 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I think that making a call like that was reckless and irresponsible.

Anyways hang, burn, etc He probably does deserve it.

But I think the pope recently change his mind... You know an immutable being does that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion...shift.html

Well that puts a different complexion on things. This should be more widely known. More power to that pontiff's elbow!
16-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you, fst, for dropping fact.

Although I seem to remember this beginning months ago and I have a recollection of us discussing this shift openly here. Perhaps I was on peyote Drinking Beverage

As for crimes against humanity, free speech is free speech. Also, no, because crimes against humanity are crimes against humanity, not just anything you disagree with. Also, white people really need to get the fuck out of African people's sex lives. You have done nothing but fuck things up since you started. Also, I'll let you know if they should be charged with war crimes the moment that the United States signs onto the War Crimes Tribunal in The Hague; which will never happen because a number of Americans would have to be charged. Pot, meet kettle.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
16-09-2012, 03:10 PM
(16-09-2012 03:06 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Also, white people really need to get the fuck out of African people's sex lives.

Over the top on that one, Matt.

People are people, condoms are condoms, AIDS is AIDS. Condoms protect people, doesn't matter who you get them from.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Lots of "black" Catholic priests in Africa. Consider

Should all the black Catholic priest in America get the hell out of white Catholic's sex lives?

Is the same skin color a prerequisite for getting into someone's sex life if you are a priest?

Should black Catholics only go to Catholic churches where the priest is black and whites the same, so that they can get good marital sex advice?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
16-09-2012, 03:49 PM
(16-09-2012 02:02 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Should the Catholic Church and the Pope in particular be tried for crimes against humanity for its stance on condom use in Africa?

Of course! The pope and all cardinals, bishops, and deacons, including the over 80s, must be tried in open court for genocide and leading/participating in organized crime. They run it together, so they are accountable and responsible together.
16-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey, Chas.

I make no apologies for denounching colonialism, neo-colonialism, gloalisation, patriarchy, mercantilism, the infantilisation of Africa or the lingering results of any of them. White people done come up into Africa and fuck shit up. Puriud!

Also, condoms have agency. Their prohibition or introduction into a society has effects. That white people, worse, white non-Africans (cuz there are white Africans, Johnny Clegg what!!!) still think that they have the authority to make policy decisions for Africans is reprehensible. Both sides are saying, "We know what's best for you." All of the forces I mentioned above are involved in that. Europeans have been saying, "We know what's best for you," to Africans for centuries and all they've managed to do is throw the continent into chaos and plunder their resources. So the dude in the pointy hat can suck my chocolate salty ballsack right along with everyone else who has an opinion about what's best for Africans. Africans know what's best for Africans. Betta recognise!

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
16-09-2012, 04:25 PM
(16-09-2012 03:54 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chas.

I make no apologies for denounching colonialism, neo-colonialism, gloalisation, patriarchy, mercantilism, the infantilisation of Africa or the lingering results of any of them. White people done come up into Africa and fuck shit up. Puriud!

Also, condoms have agency. Their prohibition or introduction into a society has effects. That white people, worse, white non-Africans (cuz there are white Africans, Johnny Clegg what!!!) still think that they have the authority to make policy decisions for Africans is reprehensible. Both sides are saying, "We know what's best for you." All of the forces I mentioned above are involved in that. Europeans have been saying, "We know what's best for you," to Africans for centuries and all they've managed to do is throw the continent into chaos and plunder their resources. So the dude in the pointy hat can suck my chocolate salty ballsack right along with everyone else who has an opinion about what's best for Africans. Africans know what's best for Africans. Betta recognise!

Matt

But then, you're not African either, are you. You're Canadian.

I was pointing out that the availability of condoms is a scientific health issue and should not be politicized by outside agencies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post