Crime against Humanity? Catholicism and Condoms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2012, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 04:39 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: Crime against Humanity? Catholicism and Condoms
Ghost you are a ball of hearts, and kittens.

LIKE BUBBLES!!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Hey, Chas.

Incorrect. Half of my ancestry is from Canada (via various parts of Europe) and the other half is Bemba. We're a tribe that exists inside modern day Zambia. I was raised in Canada and I live here but half of my family, including siblings, lives in Zambia. So yeah, I'm African Cool

Quote:I was pointing out that the availability of condoms is a scientific health issue and should not be politicized by outside agencies.

All I'm saying is that it's not a neutral thing.

Erbody has to stop feeling like they need to make decisions for Africans, and more importantly, they have to stop feeling that they have the authority to make decisions for Africans. If African individuals, cities, tribes or state governments want condoms, they'll ask for them, buy them or manufacture them themselves. Every body else should piss off.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
16-09-2012, 05:10 PM
(16-09-2012 04:49 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chas.

Incorrect. Half of my ancestry is from Canada (via various parts of Europe) and the other half is Bemba. We're a tribe that exists inside modern day Zambia. I was raised in Canada and I live here but half of my family, including siblings, lives in Zambia. So yeah, I'm African Cool

Good to know. I stand half corrected.

Quote:
Quote:I was pointing out that the availability of condoms is a scientific health issue and should not be politicized by outside agencies.

All I'm saying is that it's not a neutral thing.

Erbody has to stop feeling like they need to make decisions for Africans, and more importantly, they have to stop feeling that they have the authority to make decisions for Africans. If African individuals, cities, tribes or state governments want condoms, they'll ask for them, buy them or manufacture them themselves. Every body else should piss off.

I guess I'm more open to help and cooperation. Good ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. Cultures are not static and do not exist in isolation. And not everyone in a given culture agrees with everything in that culture. To tell everyone else to piss off is pretty short-sighted. However, the problem may simply resolve itself by the depopulation of Africa by AIDS.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2012, 05:18 PM
(16-09-2012 04:49 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chas.

Chas and I are both African as well.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
16-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Man, the catholic church can go fuck itself over this. I've had the chance to run into a guy who came here for schooling to help a charity in africa. The guy is from Uganda. When he told me about all the sickness and disease and AIDs over there it was a pretty terrible thing to talk about.

I remember in my HIGH SCHOOL SEX ED CLASS them teaching us how to use condoms. You could have the best raised kid in the world, but as a kid, with peer pressure, as any kid is a kid, they might sooner or later give in. They might not. Every person is different. BUT, I would rather have my kid BE PREPARED and UNDERSTAND to be SAFE, than to be told "condoms are a no no, and you just shouldn't have sex" and then be in a position where they don't know how to use it and end up making an unsafe choice completely.

Same as it is here. These people should be prepared, understand, know how to be safe and how to prevent AIDs. You're a shithead if you have the balls to tell another human how to live, knowing they are at risk for a life threatening disease, and you have the power to prevent it, but choose to tell them that god himself wouldn't want them doing something like that and condemn actions that are normal to human nature.

I mean can you really expect people to "just not have sex" ??? Don't do it, don't use condoms because you shouldn't be doing it. Unless you fall within this specific circumstance. YEAH, that'll work.
16-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Hey, Chas.

It's just a matter of sovereignty. It should rest with Africans.

Matt
16-09-2012, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2012 10:53 PM by Janus.)
(16-09-2012 06:52 PM)Ghost Wrote:  It's just a matter of sovereignty. It should rest with Africans.

In Africa it largely does, and has for half a century. Sadly, Africans had to find out that you can't eat freedom and sovereignty. The continent and the people are a lot worse off today than they were back then. They have a mobile phone, a color TV, and a fridge in their huts, rondawels, and lean-tos, but the roof is leaky, they have nothing to eat, and 2 of the 7 surviving kids (out of 20 pregnancies) have malnutrition diseases, and no treatment.
17-09-2012, 04:41 AM
(16-09-2012 03:54 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chas.

I make no apologies for denounching colonialism, neo-colonialism, gloalisation, patriarchy, mercantilism, the infantilisation of Africa or the lingering results of any of them. White people done come up into Africa and fuck shit up. Puriud!

Also, condoms have agency. Their prohibition or introduction into a society has effects. That white people, worse, white non-Africans (cuz there are white Africans, Johnny Clegg what!!!) still think that they have the authority to make policy decisions for Africans is reprehensible. Both sides are saying, "We know what's best for you." All of the forces I mentioned above are involved in that. Europeans have been saying, "We know what's best for you," to Africans for centuries and all they've managed to do is throw the continent into chaos and plunder their resources. So the dude in the pointy hat can suck my chocolate salty ballsack right along with everyone else who has an opinion about what's best for Africans. Africans know what's best for Africans. Betta recognise!

Matt

So, I take it you are not only black but an island black who also does not know what is good for africa? Skin color alone does not make you an african american.
17-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Janus.

A fridge in their huts? Wow. Just fucking wow. You best be moving on.

Bird.

An island black? Did I just get fucking teleported to racism town? Yes, massuh, I sho nuff don't know nuthin bout no goodness fo Africa. Oh, Lordy Lordy, massuh, show me the way!
17-09-2012, 06:08 AM
An island black? Big Grin

How very Victorian of you. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user