Crime, guilt and free will

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Crime, guilt and free will
(30-11-2015 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  Our whole eternity depends on how we handle trials.
Two things can happen when we have trials:
1) we pass the test
2) we fail the test
The goal is to pass the test(trials). We can progress when we have trials. We can become stronger and more like Gods.

There is no test. We already are Gods.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-11-2015, 09:58 PM
(30-11-2015 09:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is no test. We already are Gods.
Not yet. We are mortal beings. Gods are immortal Beings.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
30-11-2015, 10:09 PM
(30-11-2015 09:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 09:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is no test. We already are Gods.
Not yet. We are mortal beings. Gods are immortal Beings.

Gods are not immortal. Who told you that? If not for our mortality we would not be Gods.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-11-2015, 10:52 PM
(30-11-2015 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  P.S. to become an innocent victim is a big trial.

God gives us true/correct principles and then we have to govern ourselves.
Mortality is very important school every god has to graduate.

Ah.

I take it you are one of those who would suggest that really, if you look at it right, a 6-year-old boy who is raped is just so durn lucky, because, y'know, Alla's ad hoc horseshit about trials.

You seem sweet and pleasant, Alla. I appreciate that. But your kinda-sorta-quasi Mormon theology/morality is utterly abhorrent. Guessing, therefore, that you really aren't that nice.

And your smug certainty grows tiresome.

But hey, I'll take you over Q Cunt any day.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
01-12-2015, 01:55 AM
(30-11-2015 08:29 PM)claywise Wrote:  
(30-11-2015 08:16 PM)Banjo Wrote:  There is no god.

Read this. It is a great read.

I'm with you. I'm just interested in terms of argument and how the apologists would respond.

I know. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-12-2015, 01:56 AM
(30-11-2015 09:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  Not yet. We are mortal beings. Gods are immortal Beings.

So you don't know about Zeus and his dad?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-12-2015, 06:41 AM
what is free will ?

01-12-2015, 09:16 AM
(30-11-2015 06:55 PM)Alla Wrote:  .....

We are here to learn all kind of evil. Injustice or unfairness are some of them.

What do you mean by that?

There is no magical comic book idea of good vs evil, no. But I am no Ayn Rand fan either.

I have no problem with fairness as a secular idea, no not a nanny state or Stalin commie idea. But I do myself get ticked at the attitude that workers should simply take what they are given when the top cops out to "free market" and "supply and demand".

So that is why I ask what you mean by justice and unfairness.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2015, 02:20 PM
(30-11-2015 09:47 PM)Alla Wrote:  God gives us true/correct principles and then we have to govern ourselves.

How exactly did you ascertain that your particular god gave you true and correct principles? What other authority confirmed that your god was a reliable source of principles, or that he wasn't deliberately leading you astray for his own egotistical pleasure? Or are you simply relying on the fact that your god told you he was on the level—and you accepted it?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
01-12-2015, 06:21 PM
(30-11-2015 06:43 PM)claywise Wrote:  But once the evil is committed — for example, the murder of the three boys in West Memphis, Arkansas — how would it violate free will (in any meaningful way) for god to reveal, beyond any shadow of a doubt, what really happened?

Actually, I can see this one. Simply put, it's our business. God wants us to sort it out according to our own abilities, and those of the perpetrator of course. If god starts popping in to solve murders and rapes soon we'll have him handing out parking tickets and folding our laundry too.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post