Crime, guilt and free will

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Crime, guilt and free will
(07-12-2015 01:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 12:55 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  When does he talk about Moral Agency?
When He has new children. He talks to them about moral agency.
When His children come to earth(s), then He talks about it.

So gods tell gods about moral agency, and that is something written where?

I still don't get why you're perfectly happy not giving a care about actually understanding what free will is and how your view of it isn't any basis for what it is psychological or philosophically, and how it's not so off from moral agency.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2015, 01:18 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:So gods tell gods about moral agency, and that is something written where?
In the Book of Mormon, in D&C, in other Church scriptures.
ClydeLee Wrote:I still don't get why you're perfectly happy not giving a care about actually understanding what free will is and how your view of it isn't any basis for what it is psychological or philosophically,
is there any particular reason I have to care about it?
ClydeLee Wrote:and how it's not so off from moral agency.
I don't know. Moral agency is freedom to choose between eternal life(good) and death/hell(evil). What is free will?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
07-12-2015, 01:22 PM
(07-12-2015 01:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
ClydeLee Wrote:So gods tell gods about moral agency, and that is something written where?
ClydeLee Wrote:I still don't get why you're perfectly happy not giving a care about actually understanding what free will is and how your view of it isn't any basis for what it is psychological or philosophically,
I don't know. Moral agency is freedom to choose between eternal life(good) and death/hell(evil). What is free will?

Is there a particular reason you don't want to care about anything?

Free Will is what could be one of multiple meanings, one meaning is merely the choice to choose between things, which would make your view of moral agency free will as well. It's also not in any capability the to do whatever you want.

How do you know which one is good and which one is evil?

07-12-2015, 01:44 PM
(07-12-2015 01:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  

Your terms are vague, define what constitutes a choice between "good" and "bad". Be specific, give examples, quit hiding behind vague terms.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-12-2015, 02:03 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:How do you know which one is good and which one is evil?
First of all I will tell you what I believe is "good" and what is "evil". Anything that God sanctifies is called "good". Anything that God does not sanctify is called "evil".

1) I have a knowledge of many things that God sanctified. So, I know they are good.
2) I have guidance of the Holy Ghost. This is how I call this power that convinces me about many things that they are true and good.
3) I have knowledge and experience about many things in this world. I make my good judgment. Things that make me a better person, more whole person are good. Things that lead to my destruction or regression I consider to be evil/bad.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
07-12-2015, 02:06 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:Is there a particular reason you don't want to care about anything?
I have never said this.
ClydeLee Wrote:Free Will is what could be one of multiple meanings, one meaning is merely the choice to choose between things, which would make your view of moral agency free will as well. It's also not in any capability the to do whatever you want.
OK, but I prefer to call things the way God calls them. I want to be like God after all. Big Grin

07-12-2015, 02:07 PM
(07-12-2015 01:44 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Your terms are vague, define what constitutes a choice between "good" and "bad". Be specific, give examples, quit hiding behind vague terms.
Sure.
Good - anything that God sanctifies.
Evil - anything that God does not sanctify.

07-12-2015, 02:10 PM
(07-12-2015 02:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
ClydeLee Wrote:Is there a particular reason you don't want to care about anything?
I have never said this.
ClydeLee Wrote:Free Will is what could be one of multiple meanings, one meaning is merely the choice to choose between things, which would make your view of moral agency free will as well. It's also not in any capability the to do whatever you want.
OK, but I prefer to call things the way God calls them. I want to be like God after all. Big Grin

by Anything, I mean ANY Particular thing as in NOT everything. You said you didn't care about it. So you do indicate there is something you don't care about, how come?

Do you also refuse to refer to dinosaurs as dinosaurs because God doesn't call them that?

07-12-2015, 02:19 PM
(07-12-2015 02:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 01:44 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Your terms are vague, define what constitutes a choice between "good" and "bad". Be specific, give examples, quit hiding behind vague terms.
Sure.
Good - anything that God sanctifies.
Evil - anything that God does not sanctify.

That is vague and meaningless, give me a specific example of exactly what this alleged god sanctifies and/or does not sanctify.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-12-2015, 02:24 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:by Anything, I mean ANY Particular thing as in NOT everything. You said you didn't care about it. So you do indicate there is something you don't care about, how come?
Yes, there is something I don't care about. Is there any particular reason I have to care about term "free will"?
ClydeLee Wrote:Do you also refuse to refer to dinosaurs as dinosaurs because God doesn't call them that?
No. I do not refuse to call moral agency "free will". But I prefer to use term that God uses. If God called dinosaurs using different term I would prefer that term.