((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 07:56 AM
((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
I SUDDENLY FELT INSPIRED to do some research into "Holy Water" and found this: "Hygiene[edit]
Holy water fonts have been identified as a potential source of bacterial and viral infection. In the late 19th century, bacteriologists found staphylococci, streptococci, coli bacilli, Loeffler's bacillus, and other bacteria in samples of holy water taken from a church in Sassari, Italy.[10] In a study performed in 1995, thirteen samples were taken when a burn patient acquired a bacterial infection after exposure to holy water. The samples in that study were shown to have a "wide range of bacterial species", some of which could cause infection in humans.[11] During the swine flu epidemic of 2009, Bishop John Steinbock of Fresno, California recommended that "holy water should not be in the fonts" due to fear of spreading infections.[12] Also in response to the swine flu, an automatic, motion-detecting holy water dispenser was invented and installed in an Italian church in 2009"

MY COMMENT:

Shouldn't truly "HOLY WATER" heal and destroy such bacteria. Shouldn't truly "Holy Water" be like some sort of spiritual peroxide?

I HAVE JUST LOST ALL FAITH IN "HOLY WATER"

Critical Thinking DEMANDS I consider that truly Holy Water should have supernatural healing properties. That should be the sign that it is truly "Holy"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 08:02 AM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
Welcome to TTA.

I'm now pondering the healing properties of Holy Shit!

Consider

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
17-01-2017, 08:09 AM
I do my best to have respect for the beliefs of others. However, since the ridiculous nonsense promulgated by a hopelessly brainwashed society have FORCED ME to become a RUTHLESS critical thinker there are certain things I am forced to face about those who blindly believe ancient books to be "infallible and inerrant"

Christians would try to push the lie that YOU MUST believe the Bible to be the infallible and inerrant WORD OF GOD to be saved in the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE TEACHINGS OF JESUS THAT STATE THIS!!!

However, such dogmatic propaganda is very useful for taking religious prisoners. Threatening people into believing God loves them has worked very well for the church in the past. However, more and more people are seeing through the illogic of such dogmatic propaganda and are just not falling for it anymore.
17-01-2017, 08:17 AM
In every photo, or painting I have ever seen depicting the Mormon golden plates they are comprised of a stack of about 30-50 plates. I venture you could NOWHERE IN REALITY fit all the information on a single page of the Book of Mormon on one side of such golden plates. The amount of golden plates required to contain all the information contained in the Book of Mormon would be beyond the capacity of even the strongest Bodybuilder to pick up and casually carry around.

Critical thinking DEMANDS I consider this before blindly believing the information contained on those plates.
17-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Atheists tend to blindly believe man evolved from some apelike common ancestor and that automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process. I don't see how the former belief automatically leads to the latter.

There are no repeatable, observable scientific experiments demonstrating that man evolved from some apelike common ancestor. It is something atheists have to accept on faith in AN ATHEIST interpretation of the physical evidence.

After studying into corruption in science and in the scientific peer review process my faith in the integrity of science is now just as low as my faith that holy water is actually "holy".

CORRUPTION IN SCIENCE AND IN THE SCIENTIFIC PEER REVIEW PROCESS:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...EW+PROCESS
17-01-2017, 08:27 AM
(17-01-2017 08:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

I'm now pondering the healing properties of Holy Shit!

Consider

You remind me that there are "sages" in India who cover themselves in cow dung because they are certain it makes them extra holy to do so. Amazing the stupid things people can tend to do.

Well, people who cover themselves in cow dung are safe enough. Those who feel God commands them to push their religion upon the entire world through guns and violence need to go to India and cover themselves in cow crap; and GOOD RIDDANCE TO THOSE SHITHEADS!!!
17-01-2017, 08:30 AM
(17-01-2017 08:23 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Atheists tend to blindly believe ...

Fuck off.

Do not come here and tell me what I believe and on what basis I believe it.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-01-2017, 08:36 AM
(17-01-2017 08:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Fuck off.

I wondered who would be first to take that generalisation personally.

There was this one earlier:
(17-01-2017 08:09 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  ...
Christians would try to push the lie that...

@Jsamuel,

Would you consider generalisation, stereotyping etc. to be an indicator of a failure to think critically?

Consider

[+] 10 users Like DLJ's post
17-01-2017, 08:37 AM
I AM HERE to test my current belief system in order to improve upon it.

I look forward to ANYONE who can cause me to think more clearly about what I currently believe

Ruthless critical thinking has FORCED ME into a position where I no longer blindly believe ANY INFORMATION I have not, or cannot, personally verified to be true and accurate. All such information is not necessarily rejected but is held in question until more information either confirms the information to be factual or exposes it to be inaccurate.

I no longer blindly believe the government intelligence agencies. or science, or religions. or the mainstream media or even the alternative media, for that matter.

Let me tell you when the alternative media all started reporting that Wikileaks Julian Assange was dead and he suddenly showed up alive and gave an interview to Sean Hannity that dealt a blow to my faith in the alternative media I may never recover from!!
17-01-2017, 08:40 AM
(17-01-2017 08:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

Fuck off.

Do you blindly believe that man evolving from some apelike common ancestor automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process? Do you have repeatable, observable scientific experiments to back this or is it just your BLIND FAITH belief?

I tend to find that atheists refuse to critically think about what mainstream science brainwashes them into believing.