((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
(17-01-2017 11:59 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I've come to the conclusion that atoms are in a state of perpetual motion.

This gives testimony to unspeakable energy all around us within the reality we tend to take for granted.
I believe it is possible to tap into this potential energy through proper meditation techniques
and express the miraculous through exciting actions that to the average person
will seem like coincidences.

What you believe is of consequence only to your therapist. What you can demonstrate might be of interest to others.

Quote:I believe that to the truly wise

THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES!!!

Free clue: CAPS LOCK DOESN'T MAKE IT MORE TRUE

Quote:I continue to see evidence that some strange, invisible force is guiding my life.
The more I live in harmony with this invisible force the more wonderful synchronistic events
magically appear in my life!!

Then you should have no trouble presenting the evidence and designing methods to test your conjecture to see if it is correct.

Quote:I am looking forward to the most exciting times of my existence in the ensuing years
while atheist types are perpetually convinced this is all nonsenses.

No, just going to ignore it as unsubstantiated bloviating from a credulous source until evidence to the contrary is presented.

Quote:YOUR LACK OF FAITH IS YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE!!

If you mean religious-style faith, that is not a path to knowledge since anything at all can be believed using faith. If you mean trust, that has to be earned.

Quote:I've found that atheist types seem to feel that I must convince THEM of things
for those things to be true. YOU do not have to believe something for it to be true!!!
I say, it's about time you grew up to this fact!!

You misunderstand. You do not have to convince anybody of anything for it to be true. Things can be true that nobody believes and things can be false no matter how many believe. Reality is not contingent on belief.

Belief, however, is contingent on evidence (at least for me). What you have to do is convince people for them to have a reason to believe it. Saying "I do not believe X" is not at all the same as "I believe not-X".

I suspect you do not understand that atheism is the result of skepticism and that the two are not the same thing.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-01-2017, 01:41 PM
(17-01-2017 08:37 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I AM HERE to test my current belief system in order to improve upon it.

Just from reading a few of your posts I think you’re here to TEST THE CAPS button. Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
17-01-2017, 01:49 PM
(17-01-2017 11:59 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  [Image: G46ra6E.jpg]

I've come to the conclusion that atoms are in a state of perpetual motion.
This gives testimony to unspeakable energy all around us within the reality we tend to take for granted.
I believe it is possible to tap into this potential energy through proper meditation techniques
and express the miraculous through exciting actions that to the average person
will seem like coincidences.

I believe that to the truly wise

THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES!!!

I continue to see evidence that some strange, invisible force is guiding my life.
The more I live in harmony with this invisible force the more wonderful synchronistic events
magically appear in my life!!
I am looking forward to the most exciting times of my existence in the ensuing years
while atheist types are perpetually convinced this is all nonsenses.

YOUR LACK OF FAITH IS YOUR PROBLEM, NOT MINE!!

I've found that atheist types seem to feel that I must convince THEM of things
for those things to be true. YOU do not have to believe something for it to be true!!!
I say, it's about time you grew up to this fact!!

Does your meditation involve the use of hallucinogens? Wink
17-01-2017, 01:50 PM
(17-01-2017 09:06 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 08:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Cool. Get back to us after you've drunk some holy water ... no reason to trust anything you find via google after all.

Big Grin

I often have to weigh the evidence against logic and reason. My desire to investigate into holy water came from a belief that holy water was water that was blessed by the Pope. Since I learned that the Pope was found guilty, in Brussels, of child trafficking, rape and torture I suddenly thought about holy water and decided to research into it. How could water be "holy" if it is blessed by a man found guilty of such crimes!!!

POPE FOUND GUILTY:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...rafficking

IT'S CREEPY, but it seems Catholics around the world are under some sort of ninth circle demonic spell. That's why they completely ignore this information. It would explain why so many Catholic priests have been found guilty of pedophilia. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Ha! So much for your critical thinking and mistrust of the press.
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
17-01-2017, 01:51 PM
I picture Jsamuel’s BUDDY giving him this ADVICE.

[Image: sheep-in-wolfs-clothing.gif?w=700]

Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
17-01-2017, 01:55 PM
(17-01-2017 09:16 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  FATBALDY WROTE:

I do not believe anything blindly.
I no longer believe in an intelligent designer.

Man IS an ape....

MY RESPONSE:

Do you blindly believe man is an ape? Do you have repeatable, observable scientific experiments demonstrating that man is an ape? He sure looks much different than an ape and acts much different.

Ever hear of genetics?
17-01-2017, 01:56 PM
(17-01-2017 09:42 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  FATBALDY WROTE:

I accept that the current scientific understanding is correct.

MY RESPONSE:

In other words, 'YOU BLINDLY BELIEVE IT'

Fuck off.
17-01-2017, 01:59 PM
(17-01-2017 09:44 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:41 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

No No, what you have are 'Assertions'.

You are missing the point I am makjng about your way of thinking being akin to 'Solipsism'.

You attest to what you know with out providing anything of veracity about such.

You're also not doing a bang up job of replying to things people are responding to yourself with.

I KNOW FOR A FACT I enjoy life most when I feel strong, healthy and laugh at the absurdities of life. All YOUR doubt will not change this fact for me.

Who gives a shit? Nobody cares. You're not here to listen, converse or learn. You just want to spew. Go to Facebook. Plenty of your kind there.
17-01-2017, 02:02 PM
(17-01-2017 10:09 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  TO FATBALDY:

You say you don't blindly believe anything

yet you blindly believe man is an ape

Man looks and acts quite different from an ape.

However, if your science heroes say man is an ape you just blindly believe it, right?

"your science"? Do you have your own science now? Laugh out load
17-01-2017, 02:05 PM
(17-01-2017 10:56 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 10:53 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Thumbsup

Not a bad reply to myself Jsamuel (Who might be made of wood and has a tail). Bravo.

I am still confused though. Consider

As stated before... you accept viroligy on the one hand..... but disregard evolution on the other?

I am confused as to this 'Double standard' in regards to science.

Consider

You and your friggin fancy words. Okay, I'll play along, but only if you spell them correctly, try again.

Fancy words?! What a dipshit.