((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
[Image: yIzG2Ld.jpg]

TO KEMO BOY:

I've learned that there is no point in responding to someone who only wants to be insulting.
Such people only want to start trouble and it only leads to fights. No matter how I may respond
I can expect everyone else will side with you against me. It's pointless.

That's what I have empirically learned from people like you

Have a nice day!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 05:13 PM
(17-01-2017 05:09 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I've learned that there is no point in responding to someone who only wants to be insulting.
Such people only want to start trouble and it only leads to fights. No matter how I may respond

Have a nice day!

Was that intentionally ironic or do you just have absolutely no self-awareness?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-01-2017, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 05:38 PM by Jsamuel.)
(17-01-2017 12:28 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I have no problem at all with atoms being in motion all the time. What I do profoundly doubt is that there's some mysterious undetectable sentient thing behind the scenes, running the show. Remains to be seen, literally.

It's nice that you're experiencing what you perceive as synchronicity and that it adds value to your life, but be wary of putting all your eggs in that particular basket. IMO, one must also be prepared to respond quickly and effectively to the unexpected. I'm profoundly optimistic 90% of the time and have had some positively marvelous experiences, but when the excrement hits the rotating ventilation device I'm the one who'll be first to staunch critical wounds, grab the fire extinguisher or otherwise be on the front lines in an emergency.

I see the physical universe and the entirety of time-space as intrinsically meaningless at its foundations, but individual lives as meaningful and subjective.

(Oh, and don't make the mistake of thinking that you can ever out-weird Me. I've done everything from dressing up as a 5-headed dragon to blogging about jelly beans, and My idea of a jolly good time is driving across town in a raging storm to rehearse Looney Tunes music on an alto clarinet. Tongue)

You tend to find what you seek in life. If you seek no meaning in the synchronistic experiences of your life
that is what you can expect to find.

I expect more and more deliberate Intent in the synchronistic experiences of my life
and, consequently, that is what I am finding.

My direct experiences with Nature lead me to believe that Max Planck was indeed correct

“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration
and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of
a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”

—Max Planck

Again I say that the Double-Slit experiment is positive scientific proof that
Max Planck was correct. What scientific experiments do you know of
that demonstrate Max Planck was incorrect? I don't think you have any, yet
you blindly believe Mr. Planck did not know what he was talking about.
As though you could talk down your atheist type noses to a superior intellect
with a pompous sense of superior conceit

I say: If the choice is between believing Max Planck or an inferior intellect like Richard Dawkins
The fool will believe the inferior intellect instead

[Image: BS5IXAo.jpg]
17-01-2017, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 05:30 PM by Jsamuel.)
(17-01-2017 05:13 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 05:09 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I've learned that there is no point in responding to someone who only wants to be insulting.

Have a nice day!

Was that intentionally ironic or do you just have absolutely no self-awareness?

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."

- Albert Einstein

It's fair to say that great spirits tend to be outnumbered by mediocre minds.
If you really feel I have absolutely no self-awareness where on the mediocre mind scale
does that put you?
17-01-2017, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 05:38 PM by Velvet.)
I take back what I said about him looking like Tomasia on heroin, as he goes on and on (and fucking on), I can sense Borgish features on his behavior.

I wrote a Script for him:

Posts a Mysterious Image
[Image: Mysterious.jpg]

Claim // Reaffirms the Claim // Claim // Reaffirms the Claim // Claim
Tells us that atheists are stupid // Tells us how shitty we are for being stupid

REAFFIRMS THE CLAIM BUT NOW IN THIS NEW TEXT FORMAT!!!!

Tells us that atheists are stupid // Tells us how shitty we are for being stupid

MAKES ULTIMATE REAFFIRMATION OF CLAIM, GUARANTEED TO BLOW EVERYONE'S MIND THIS TIME BECAUSE OF CAPS AND BOLD EFFECT!!!!

EDIT: The script also includes a random generated chance to attempt quote mining at any given time despite of context, but the % chance seem to ramp up dramatically as the script runs longer, probably a cumulative % feature.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
[+] 8 users Like Velvet's post
17-01-2017, 05:32 PM
“All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration
and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of

—Max Planck

Again I say that the Double-Slit experiment is positive scientific proof that
Max Planck was correct. What scientific experiments do you know of
that demonstrate Max Planck was incorrect? I don't think you have any, yet
you blindly believe Mr. Planck did not know what he was talking about.
As though you could talk down your atheist type noses to a superior intellect
with a pompous sense of superior conceit

I say: If the choice is between believing Max Planck or an inferior intellect like Richard Dawkins
The fool will believe the inferior intellect instead
17-01-2017, 05:36 PM
(17-01-2017 05:22 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  You tend to find what you seek in life. If you seek no meaning in the synchronistic experiences of your life that is what you can expect to find.

Oh, I have plenty of meaning. I just find it more fulfilling to tie it to the physical world, through things like mindfulness practice and working on things that enliven the senses, such as music and art and gardening and cooking.

I've tried it the other way, delving into the speculative and mystical, and never found it particularly satisfying; in fact, I found the non-physicality of it unsettling. It's for similar reasons that I've never succeeded in cultivating religious faith in any belief system that I've tried pursuing. That path is a dead end, for Me at least.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2017, 05:40 PM
(17-01-2017 05:36 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 05:22 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  You tend to find what you seek in life. If you seek no meaning in the synchronistic experiences of your life that is what you can expect to find.

Oh, I have plenty of meaning. I just find it more fulfilling to tie it to the physical world, through things like mindfulness practice and working on things that enliven the senses, such as music and art and gardening and cooking.

I've tried it the other way, delving into the speculative and mystical, and never found it particularly satisfying; in fact, I found the non-physicality of it unsettling. It's for similar reasons that I've never succeeded in cultivating religious faith in any belief system that I've tried pursuing. That path is a dead end, for Me at least.

—Max Planck

MY COMMENT:

So, you feel you know better than Max Planck, correct?
I wisely leave the matter open
17-01-2017, 05:48 PM
(17-01-2017 05:40 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  So, you feel you know better than Max Planck, correct?

(Springy G reaches for Her Clue-By-Four™

*BONK*

Don't put words in My mouth, you mendacious little bastard. For all I care you can cozy down with Max and suck his dick till the quarks come home. He may or may not know better as regards theoretical physics, but as far as My own life is concerned, I most certainly *do* know better than Planck.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
17-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Einstein is said to have believed in Spinoza's God of Nature. An impersonal God, but
a creator God nonetheless of an intelligently designed universe.

Sir Issac Newton believed in an intelligently designed universe

Max Planck obviously believed in an intelligently designed universe.

People like Richard Dawkins do not. Such people believe man evolved from some
apelike common ancestor and that automatically means no intelligent designer
was involved in the process.

To me, that is like saying 2+2= 400 trillion

The wise will believe the superior intellect over the opinions of the inferior intellect.
In this case, Richard Dawkins is the INFERIOR intellect