((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
(17-01-2017 05:32 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  “All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration
and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of
a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”

—Max Planck

Again I say that the Double-Slit experiment is positive scientific proof that
Max Planck was correct. What scientific experiments do you know of
that demonstrate Max Planck was incorrect? I don't think you have any, yet
you blindly believe Mr. Planck did not know what he was talking about.
As though you could talk down your atheist type noses to a superior intellect
with a pompous sense of superior conceit

I say: If the choice is between believing Max Planck or an inferior intellect like Richard Dawkins
The fool will believe the inferior intellect instead

Was this you? Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 05:51 PM
(17-01-2017 05:48 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 05:40 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  So, you feel you know better than Max Planck, correct?

(Springy G reaches for Her Clue-By-Four™

*BONK*

Don't put words in My mouth, you mendacious little bastard. For all I care you can cozy down with Max and suck his dick till the quarks come home. He may or may not know better as regards theoretical physics, but as far as My own life is concerned, I most certainly *do* know better than Planck.

Well, the only other choice is you feel you DON'T know better than Max Planck.
There is no other option

Judging by your response it's safe to say you DON'T know better than Max Planck.
That is self-evidence to anyone who can think
17-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Sorry, guys, I've been away all day. Gotta pay the bills.

I skipped right from Page 1 to (what is for me) Page 7...

I'm just going to assume someone ripped him a new one over the assertion that we have no evidence, no proof of our evolution and shared ancestry with the Great Apes, and explained to him why the assertion of "intelligent" agency in evolution is a non-starter?

If not, please let me know and I'll go back and read as-necessary.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
17-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Thing is Jsamuel, we might actually know better than Max Planck on many subjects, someone being a genius that helped humanity as a whole with his discovery doesn't entitle him to be always right about everything.

I mean, this is rhetoric 101 but maybe you should know better than appealing to authority.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
17-01-2017, 05:56 PM
(17-01-2017 05:49 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Einstein is said to have believed in Spinoza's God of Nature. An impersonal God, but
a creator God nonetheless of an intelligently designed universe.

Sir Issac Newton believed in an intelligently designed universe

Max Planck obviously believed in an intelligently designed universe.

People like Richard Dawkins do not. Such people believe man evolved from some
apelike common ancestor and that automatically means no intelligent designer
was involved in the process.

To me, that is like saying 2+2= 400 trillion

The wise will believe the superior intellect over the opinions of the inferior intellect.
In this case, Richard Dawkins is the INFERIOR intellect

Still, my CURRENT beliefs are always ready for improvement. I have found atheist types
to have minds like locked garbage containers. They will only believe the opinions of
the institutions that have successfully brainwashed them

They tend to blindly believe they are critical thinkers when in fact they are
blind faith believers in the speculations passed off as fact by mainstream science

[Image: xhHH6HV.jpg]
17-01-2017, 05:57 PM
(17-01-2017 05:51 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Well, the only other choice is you feel you DON'T know better than Max Planck. There is no other option.

When I speak of Myself, I clearly do know better.

When I speak of something that Planck never experienced, I have a reasonably good chance of knowing better.

When I speak of a particular facet of physics (not that I tend to do that very often, mind you), Planck and I can be opposed, in agreement, or both dead wrong.

I can think of a lot of options.

And why are you so fixated on black-and-white thinking and such an incessantly adversarial tone? Does it really make you unhappy that people *gasp!* disagree with you?

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2017, 06:01 PM
(17-01-2017 05:56 PM)Velvet Wrote:  Thing is Jsamuel, we might actually know better than Max Planck on many subjects, someone being a genius that helped humanity as a whole with his discovery doesn't entitle him to be always right about everything.

I mean, this is rhetoric 101 but maybe you should know better than appealing to authority.

I say the scientific Double-Slit experiment demonstrates Max Planck was indeed correct.
What scientific experiments do you have to show forth demonstrating that Max Planck was incorrect?

YOU HAVE NONE and yet you blindly believe Max Planck had no idea what he was talking about, correct?

That was a question

[Image: SHvj59r.gif]
17-01-2017, 06:02 PM
(17-01-2017 05:55 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry, guys, I've been away all day. Gotta pay the bills.

I skipped right from Page 1 to (what is for me) Page 7...

I'm just going to assume someone ripped him a new one over the assertion that we have no evidence, no proof of our evolution and shared ancestry with the Great Apes, and explained to him why the assertion of "intelligent" agency in evolution is a non-starter?

If not, please let me know and I'll go back and read as-necessary.

(17-01-2017 11:15 AM)Velvet Wrote:  Jsamuel, atheists do not believe (blindly) that there was no intelligent designer involved in the creation of the universe, we don't make this assumption.

Humans evolving from an apelike creature does not automatically means anything about an intelligent designer, and surely does not rule out all (if any) deities involved in the creation of the universe, there are even many theists who accept the theory of evolution by natural selection.

We are not interested in proving negatives for every single imaginable possibility to explain an event, that would be unfeasible (not to say outright impossible), while it is possible to rule out certain kinds of god-like entities by evaluating the absence of evidence in specific cases when we can safely presume the positive would provide evidence, that would still be a huge energy sink.

We focus only on following where the evidence seems to lead us, without drawing logic-jumpy conclusions from it like "super-cosmic entity X might be just it!"

To explain even better, if you asked me this questions, those would be your answers:

An intelligent cosmic godly being designed the universe?
R: I don't know.

There's reason to believe that it did?
R: No there's not.

And for the sake of comparison:

A Huge Pink Dildo monster designed the universe?
R: I don't know.

There's reason to believe that it did?
R: No there's not.

Well, technically the Pink Dildo Monster origin is more probable because we do have examples of Dildos in reality that we can interact, some even being Pink making for a way stronger case than a completely unprecedented kind of entity who possess incomprehensible infinite attributes and powers.

This was my brief attempt to take him seriously, he ignored me ofc.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
17-01-2017, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 06:07 PM by Jsamuel.)
(17-01-2017 05:57 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 05:51 PM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Well, the only other choice is you feel you DON'T know better than Max Planck. There is no other option.

When I speak of Myself, I clearly do know better.

When I speak of something that Planck never experienced, I have a reasonably good chance of knowing better.

When I speak of a particular facet of physics (not that I tend to do that very often, mind you), Planck and I can be opposed, in agreement, or both dead wrong.

I can think of a lot of options.

And why are you so fixated on black-and-white thinking and such an incessantly adversarial tone? Does it really make you unhappy that people *gasp!* disagree with you?

You have a reasonably good chance of knowing better than a Nobel prize winner in physics???? You're kidding, right?

I don't claim to know better than a Nobel Prize winner, but I do know enough
to leave this matter open until more evidence is discovered

[Image: oLHbtyB.gif]
17-01-2017, 06:04 PM
By the way, he's partially quote-mining Dr. Planck's statement. Planck was talking about the fact that, under his radical idea of Quantum Theory, matter literally did not exist except as an interaction of energy states, and that in his mind (in the 1940s) there was no other explanation but some greater intelligence to cause that to happen. It's a nonscientific leap from a scientific principle... and we have since demonstrated what it actually is that holds all that together and gives mass to the interactions of those particles (which is why the Higgs Boson is often called "the God Particle").

Also, I'm assuming someone pointed out to him that Planck gave up the Christian religion he held when he made that statement, and said later in life that he had ceased to believe in a personal god of any sort?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Planck...ious_views

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post