((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2017, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 03:39 AM by Jsamuel.)
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
(18-01-2017 03:25 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Watch that video I posted. The author of the video does a good job of breaking down the history of the fraud, who accepted it and who rejected it, and why/how it was disproved.

If you're really as "open minded" as you claim to be, that is.

I'M TALKING ABOUT (((YOU))) not the author of that video!!

YOU would have been one of the suckers who blindly believed the Piltdown Man was genuine and you know it

Don't try to dance around this fact. I would have been arguing with you for YEARS and YOU would have been DEAD WRONG!!!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2017, 03:30 AM
Okay, I'm going to bed.

Guess I'll find out in the morning if this cat decides to be an honest human being for 6 1/2 minutes.

Edit: Nevermind, found out immediately. Please, you dishonest prick, DO keep telling people what they think. You're doing more to help the atheists look good than you can possibly imagine, every time you lie.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
18-01-2017, 03:33 AM
(18-01-2017 03:12 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  "By 1913, half a jaw bone, three teeth, and enough pieces of the splintered cranium were found to allow Woodward to reconstruct the head of Eoanthropus dawsoni, an individual determined from the age of the Piltdown gravels to represent Darwin's missing link. Although named after Dawson, full credit for this critical human evolutionary discovery was shared by the members of the discovery trio. Dawson, [392] Woodward, and Teilhard. Commonly referred to as "Piltdown Man," he was described as having a human cranium very much like our own (although somewhat thicker), with an apelike jaw but with certain human characteristics, particularly in the teeth. In 1915, two new cranial bones and another molar jaw tooth were found by Dawson at a completely different site in a field about two miles from the first. This was taken as evidence that more than one such creature had once roamed the English countryside.

By 1916, the year of Dawson's death, Piltdown had become fully accepted as a single individual (during the intervening years, 1912-1916, some had held that Piltdown was two individuals-one humanoid, one ape-who had been washed into the same gravels) by the giants of early twentieth-century geological history. Besides Woodward, these included the Englishmen Sir Arthur Keith, G. Elliot Smith, and A.S. Underwood; an American anthropologist, H. Fairfield Osborn; and the French anthropologist Marcellin Boule. Of those among the original group at the British Geological Society meeting in 1912, only Dr. David Waterston, professor of anatomy at Kings College, remained unconvinced.

In the Outline of Science (1922), Piltdown Man is described as one of the foremost humanoid branches of the tree leading from man-ape to man. Although its importance to evolutionary theory diminished as new models emerged, it kept its position as an authentic fossil for another thirty years. But in 1953, through tests with x-rays, fluoride, and other relatively modern techniques, English scientists (Dr. Kenneth Oakley, Dr. J.S. Weiner, and Professor Wilfred Le Gros Clark) revealed that Piltdown Man was a complete fraud. The jaw bone and the canine tooth had definitely been tampered with. Also, the cranium was humanoid while the jaw bone was totally ape.

The assumption that Dawson conceived the entire plot himself, or at least was the principal in any conspiracy, is based almost entirely upon the case presented by Weiner in The Piltdown Forgery, published in 1955..."

http://www2.clarku.edu/~piltdown/map_pri...fraud.html

I venture ALL YOU HERE would have been suckered into believing the hoax. Why?

Because you don't DEMAND repeatable, observable scientific experiments before you blindly believe whatever science says are facts, that's why.

Don't try to con me into thinking you would not have believed.

I am not that stupid, atheist types!!

[Image: BS5IXAo.jpg]
18-01-2017, 03:35 AM

Silly atheists blindly feel they have things all figured out. Ha!

[Image: B0Z51xd.gif]
18-01-2017, 03:38 AM

BE HONEST!!

You blindly believe gravity is the result of some coincidental random chance occurrence.

You have nothing but your farts as proof of this, yet you blindly believe it to be a fact!

[Image: S2ATVfI.gif]
18-01-2017, 03:45 AM

You atheists would have me believe that if you were alive at the time

you would NOT have believed the Piltdown Man was a genuine artifact.

Who are you trying to kid?

You atheist types tend to be suckers for ANYTHING science says is a fact!

If mainstream science says it's a fact, that's good enough for you!!!

Suckers!!!

[Image: xhHH6HV.jpg]
18-01-2017, 03:50 AM
(18-01-2017 03:12 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  "By 1913, half a jaw bone, three teeth, and enough pieces of the splintered cranium were found to allow Woodward to reconstruct the head of Eoanthropus dawsoni, an individual determined from the age of the Piltdown gravels to represent Darwin's missing link. Although named after Dawson, full credit for this critical human evolutionary discovery was shared by the members of the discovery trio. Dawson, [392] Woodward, and Teilhard. Commonly referred to as "Piltdown Man," he was described as having a human cranium very much like our own (although somewhat thicker), with an apelike jaw but with certain human characteristics, particularly in the teeth. In 1915, two new cranial bones and another molar jaw tooth were found by Dawson at a completely different site in a field about two miles from the first. This was taken as evidence that more than one such creature had once roamed the English countryside.

By 1916, the year of Dawson's death, Piltdown had become fully accepted as a single individual (during the intervening years, 1912-1916, some had held that Piltdown was two individuals-one humanoid, one ape-who had been washed into the same gravels) by the giants of early twentieth-century geological history. Besides Woodward, these included the Englishmen Sir Arthur Keith, G. Elliot Smith, and A.S. Underwood; an American anthropologist, H. Fairfield Osborn; and the French anthropologist Marcellin Boule. Of those among the original group at the British Geological Society meeting in 1912, only Dr. David Waterston, professor of anatomy at Kings College, remained unconvinced.

In the Outline of Science (1922), Piltdown Man is described as one of the foremost humanoid branches of the tree leading from man-ape to man. Although its importance to evolutionary theory diminished as new models emerged, it kept its position as an authentic fossil for another thirty years. But in 1953, through tests with x-rays, fluoride, and other relatively modern techniques, English scientists (Dr. Kenneth Oakley, Dr. J.S. Weiner, and Professor Wilfred Le Gros Clark) revealed that Piltdown Man was a complete fraud. The jaw bone and the canine tooth had definitely been tampered with. Also, the cranium was humanoid while the jaw bone was totally ape.

The assumption that Dawson conceived the entire plot himself, or at least was the principal in any conspiracy, is based almost entirely upon the case presented by Weiner in The Piltdown Forgery, published in 1955..."

http://www2.clarku.edu/~piltdown/map_pri...fraud.html

YOU WOULD HAVE FALLEN FOR THE HOAX HOOK, LINE AND SINKER.

DON'T TRY TO CON ME INTO THINKING YOU WOULD NOT HAVE.

I'M NOT THAT STUPID, ATHEISTS

IF SOME ATHEIST PH.D. SAYS IT'S A FACT

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU ATHEIST TYPES!!

NO NEED TO BOTHER YOURSELVES WITH CRITICAL THINKING ABOUT THE MATTER

HA!

[Image: imOlPwZ.jpg]
18-01-2017, 04:00 AM
WOW Gasp

Someone forgot to lock up the doors of the asylum i see. WTF is wrong with these people? What kinda rocks are they hiding under all year long, before they pop out and go to TTA to annoy the fuck out of us?

WOW, so much insanity on this planet.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
18-01-2017, 04:03 AM
(18-01-2017 04:00 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  WOW Gasp

Someone forgot to lock up the doors of the asylum i see. WTF is wrong with these people? What kinda rocks are they hiding under all year long, before they pop out and go to TTA to annoy the fuck out of us?

WOW, so much insanity on this planet.

He won't last much longer. Although I don't think he should be banned. I think he's a good demonstration of what religion can do to a person.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
18-01-2017, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2017 04:08 AM by Velvet.)
Duplicated Post Ignore

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien