((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 09:09 AM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
(17-01-2017 08:40 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Do you blindly believe that man evolving from some apelike common ancestor automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process?

I do not believe anything blindly.
I no longer believe in an intelligent designer.

Man IS an ape. This is taxonomy and has nothing to do with evolution. You cannot describe man without describing the features of an ape. Scientists have been trying to disprove that connection since Linnaeus' time.

As an ape, man DID evolve from an ape ancestor. You can't evolve out of what you started from.

There has been no evidence for an intelligent designer and a great deal of evidence against one.

(17-01-2017 08:40 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Do you have repeatable, observable scientific experiments to back this or is it just your BLIND FAITH belief?

Evolution is supported by taxonomy, fossils and DNA/genetics. Evolution is supported by repeatable observable scientific experiments.

(17-01-2017 08:40 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I tend to find that atheists refuse to critically think about what mainstream science brainwashes them into believing.

I find posters who start their tenure here by making blanket statements and sweeping generalizations are usually wrong.

I am well aware of the potential issues with science. They are the same issues that exist in any field we engage in, including theology.

The problem you have is this: Since the time Darwin first published his book, scientists have fought desperately to discredit it. Devout men, great scientists in their time, have spent their lives trying to disprove evolution. None have succeeded.

If you have evidence against evolution, post links. Do you have peer reviewed scientific studies? Links to google searches are not very impressive. Do you have studies and papers published by mainstream publications?

I also wonder why you are here telling us, rather than publishing this information and evidence. Wouldn't you rather discuss this with the experts? Why spend time telling a group of atheists on the internet?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-01-2017, 09:10 AM
At work.

(17-01-2017 09:00 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 08:55 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Yup, there you have it.

The problem of first, how do you trust your senses? Then, how do you trust your sources? With the eventual implosion of 'How do you trust your mind?'

Best of luck with the digging. Thumbsup

FROM DIRECT EMPIRICAL EXPERIENCES

Right. ... and how do you know you can trust the experiences? Or your recolection of said experience? Consider

Quote:I know for a fact that my life is most wonderful when I feel strong, healthy and do my best to laugh at the absurdities of life.

Again (With yourself still digging) what can you use/do to measure the verasity/validity of such things? Consider

Quote:My life is also most wonderful when I don't get overly upset over matters I have no control over.

That's nice....... but rather deflecting of the conversation/our part of the thread.

Quote:People do all kinds of ridiculously crazy things that I have no control over. It makes no sense to sacrifice my happiness by getting angry or upset over the ridiculously insane nonsense going on around me that is truly none of my business.

Again, agreeing with your comment...... but.... how might we know the reality of it? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2017, 09:12 AM
(17-01-2017 09:06 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I often have to weigh the evidence against logic and reason. My desire to investigate into holy water came from a belief that holy water was water that was blessed by the Pope. Since I learned that the Pope was found guilty, in Brussels, of child trafficking, rape and torture I suddenly thought about holy water and decided to research into it. How could water be "holy" if it is blessed by a man found guilty of such crimes!!!

POPE FOUND GUILTY:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...rafficking

IT'S CREEPY, but it seems Catholics around the world are under some sort of ninth circle demonic spell. That's why they completely ignore this information. It would explain why so many Catholic priests have been found guilty of pedophilia. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
No, I think they ignore the information because it falls under the rubric of "fake news":

http://wonkette.com/543862/no-pope-not-a...-a-license

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Internation..._and_State

This story was promulgated by the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State. Which is, in reality, a one-man blog.

For a person who touts critical thinking, you certainly do lack it.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post
17-01-2017, 09:13 AM
(17-01-2017 09:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 08:40 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Do you blindly believe that man evolving from some apelike common ancestor automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process? Do you have repeatable, observable scientific experiments to back this or is it just your BLIND FAITH belief?

I tend to find that atheists refuse to critically think about what mainstream science brainwashes them into believing.

So primitive peoples who believed the sun passed through the underworld had it right then? This is what you are basing your critical thinking on? Really?

What primitive people do is BESIDES THE POINT I was making. I find that atheist types tend to try to divert attention away from any truth they are uncomfortable confronting. He challenged me by his response. Let's see if he has the guts to answer without the rest of your help.

My guess is that I am right about him. He blind faith believes man evolving from an apelike common ancestor automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process. That is my guess. Let's see what happens.
17-01-2017, 09:16 AM
FATBALDY WROTE:

I do not believe anything blindly.
I no longer believe in an intelligent designer.

Man IS an ape....

MY RESPONSE:

Do you blindly believe man is an ape? Do you have repeatable, observable scientific experiments demonstrating that man is an ape? He sure looks much different than an ape and acts much different.
17-01-2017, 09:18 AM
At work.

Um? Jsamuel? If you want a 'One on one, knock down drag out' with FBHobbit? We have a specific place for that the 'Boxing ring' part of the forum. Thumbsup

I find it odd that (a) Jsamuel seems to be fixating on FBH and (b) that, on the one hand they accept/trust science (The font virology) and then on the other hand reject the science (Evolution)

Consider

Odd.....

Edit(And some one will beat me to it) Man is a 'Hominid' not an 'Ape'. Technically we're 'Monkeys'... but RocketSurgeon76 will know the exact terms.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2017, 09:19 AM
(17-01-2017 09:12 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:06 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I often have to weigh the evidence against logic and reason. My desire to investigate into holy water came from a belief that holy water was water that was blessed by the Pope. Since I learned that the Pope was found guilty, in Brussels, of child trafficking, rape and torture I suddenly thought about holy water and decided to research into it. How could water be "holy" if it is blessed by a man found guilty of such crimes!!!

POPE FOUND GUILTY:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...rafficking

IT'S CREEPY, but it seems Catholics around the world are under some sort of ninth circle demonic spell. That's why they completely ignore this information. It would explain why so many Catholic priests have been found guilty of pedophilia. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
No, I think they ignore the information because it falls under the rubric of "fake news":

http://wonkette.com/543862/no-pope-not-a...-a-license

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Internation..._and_State

This story was promulgated by the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State. Which is, in reality, a one-man blog.

For a person who touts critical thinking, you certainly do lack it.

And why should i blindly believe the information in the links you provided?
17-01-2017, 09:21 AM
(17-01-2017 09:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Um? Jsamuel? If you want a 'One on one, knock down drag out' with FBHobbit? We have a specific place for that the 'Boxing ring' part of the forum. Thumbsup

I find it odd that (a) Jsamuel seems to be fixating on FBH and (b) that, on the one hand they accept/trust science (The font virology) and then on the other hand reject the science (Evolution)

Consider

Odd.....

He comes out of nowhere insulting me and you are wondering why I respond the way I do? Get real. I'm not made out of friggin wood!!
17-01-2017, 09:23 AM
(17-01-2017 08:27 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 08:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

I'm now pondering the healing properties of Holy Shit!

Consider

You remind me that there are "sages" in India who cover themselves in cow dung because they are certain it makes them extra holy to do so. Amazing the stupid things people can tend to do.

Well, people who cover themselves in cow dung are safe enough. Those who feel God commands them to push their religion upon the entire world through guns and violence need to go to India and cover themselves in cow crap; and GOOD RIDDANCE TO THOSE SHITHEADS!!!

Cow dung, huh? Well, here you are flinging figurative bullshit at the worthies of this forum. Seems like you're so full of it that you need to regurgitate it somewhere. Rolleyes

@DLJ- My shit is holy to the flies that lay their eggs in it to nurture their offspring. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
17-01-2017, 09:24 AM
(17-01-2017 09:10 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

(17-01-2017 09:00 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  FROM DIRECT EMPIRICAL EXPERIENCES

Right. ... and how do you know you can trust the experiences? Or your recolection of said experience? Consider

Quote:I know for a fact that my life is most wonderful when I feel strong, healthy and do my best to laugh at the absurdities of life.

Again (With yourself still digging) what can you use/do to measure the verasity/validity of such things? Consider

Quote:My life is also most wonderful when I don't get overly upset over matters I have no control over.

That's nice....... but rather deflecting of the conversation/our part of the thread.

Quote:People do all kinds of ridiculously crazy things that I have no control over. It makes no sense to sacrifice my happiness by getting angry or upset over the ridiculously insane nonsense going on around me that is truly none of my business.

Again, agreeing with your comment...... but.... how might we know the reality of it? Consider

What WE may know is none of my business. What I PERSONALLY KNOW FROM DIRECT EXPERIENCE is indeed my business. I know what works for me SO FAR. However, I am always ready to find I am incorrect and to accept a better way of being.