((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 09:42 AM by Peebothuhul.)
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
At work.

(17-01-2017 09:21 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Um? Jsamuel? If you want a 'One on one, knock down drag out' with FBHobbit? We have a specific place for that the 'Boxing ring' part of the forum. Thumbsup

I find it odd that (a) Jsamuel seems to be fixating on FBH and (b) that, on the one hand they accept/trust science (The font virology) and then on the other hand reject the science (Evolution)

Consider

Odd.....

He comes out of nowhere insulting me and you are wondering why I respond the way I do? Get real. I'm not made out of friggin wood!!

You're missing the actual points of my posts/replies to yourself.

So. You are the new folk on the block. FBH was voicing an opinion couched in strong words of disagreement towards the tone, attitude, and ideas in regards to your early posts.

I have no idea what sort of wood you might, indeed, be constituted out of.

How would you determin such? Or even the truth or false-ness of the proposition? Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 09:38 AM
DO YOU REALIZE THAT

4 OUT OF 5 PEOPLE ARE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN

1 OUT OF 5 PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW

WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT?
17-01-2017, 09:39 AM
(17-01-2017 09:16 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  FATBALDY WROTE:

I do not believe anything blindly.
I no longer believe in an intelligent designer.

Man IS an ape....

MY RESPONSE:

Do you blindly believe man is an ape?

Can you not read?

(17-01-2017 09:16 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Do you have repeatable, observable scientific experiments demonstrating that man is an ape? He sure looks much different than an ape and acts much different.

I accept that the current scientific understanding is correct.

Man has been classified taxonomically as an ape since 1735.
Our system of taxonomy is not disputed and no one has been able to legitimately challenge man's place among the apes.

Taxonomy is supported by fossil evidence. Admittedly, this is probably the most controversial. However the evidence that we have corroborates taxonomy and genetics.

Taxonomy is confirmed by DNA/genetic evidence. Are you denying the veracity of gene-sequencing and genome mapping?

Try this site:
Berkley

And you are wrong about mankind. Not only do we look like apes (minus the fur) but we act disturbingly like them, more often than we want to admit.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
17-01-2017, 09:41 AM
At work.

(17-01-2017 09:24 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:10 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Right. ... and how do you know you can trust the experiences? Or your recolection of said experience? Consider

Again (With yourself still digging) what can you use/do to measure the verasity/validity of such things? Consider

That's nice....... but rather deflecting of the conversation/our part of the thread.

Again, agreeing with your comment...... but.... how might we know the reality of it? Consider

What WE may know is none of my business. What I PERSONALLY KNOW FROM DIRECT EXPERIENCE is indeed my business. I know what works for me SO FAR. However, I am always ready to find I am incorrect and to accept a better way of being.

No No, what you have are 'Assertions'.

You are missing the point I am makjng about your way of thinking being akin to 'Solipsism'.

You attest to what you know with out providing anything of veracity about such.

You're also not doing a bang up job of replying to things people are responding to yourself with.
17-01-2017, 09:42 AM
FATBALDY WROTE:

MY RESPONSE:

In other words, 'YOU BLINDLY BELIEVE IT'
17-01-2017, 09:42 AM
(17-01-2017 09:13 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  So primitive peoples who believed the sun passed through the underworld had it right then? This is what you are basing your critical thinking on? Really?

What primitive people do is BESIDES THE POINT I was making. I find that atheist types tend to try to divert attention away from any truth they are uncomfortable confronting. He challenged me by his response. Let's see if he has the guts to answer without the rest of your help.

My guess is that I am right about him. He blind faith believes man evolving from an apelike common ancestor automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process. That is my guess. Let's see what happens.

Are you referring to me? I'm female. There are some of us on here, ya know Wink and they actually "allow" us to speak and have a voice (unlike in some Christian churches) Hobo

I don't blindly believe anything. I follow the evidence and then make an assessment based on logic and reason. I have also studied various religions and none of their claims hold water. So it comes down to following repeated findings in peer-reviewed research or the primitive ramblings of a group of people who believed a god made it rain. Time to put on our critical thinking caps Smartass

Could there be an intelligent designer? I'm open to reviewing evidence for said claim. I have yet to see any (cue: Blind faith). In fact, the evidence I have seen points away from an intelligent designer. Case in point: laryngeal nerve of the giraffe.

17-01-2017, 09:44 AM
(17-01-2017 09:41 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

(17-01-2017 09:24 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  What WE may know is none of my business. What I PERSONALLY KNOW FROM DIRECT EXPERIENCE is indeed my business. I know what works for me SO FAR. However, I am always ready to find I am incorrect and to accept a better way of being.

No No, what you have are 'Assertions'.

You are missing the point I am makjng about your way of thinking being akin to 'Solipsism'.

You're also not doing a bang up job of replying to things people are responding to yourself with.

I KNOW FOR A FACT I enjoy life most when I feel strong, healthy and laugh at the absurdities of life. All YOUR doubt will not change this fact for me.
17-01-2017, 09:45 AM
At work.

Jsamuel? Using 'Capslock' to shout at others is more detrimental to your character. It does nothing to further conversation or understanding.
17-01-2017, 09:45 AM
(17-01-2017 09:42 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  FATBALDY WROTE:

MY RESPONSE:

In other words, 'YOU BLINDLY BELIEVE IT'

When there are good evidence-based reasons for acceptance, it's not blind...

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
17-01-2017, 09:48 AM
At work.

(17-01-2017 09:44 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:41 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  No No, what you have are 'Assertions'.

I KNOW FOR A FACT I enjoy life most when I feel strong, healthy and laugh at the absurdities of life. All YOUR doubt will not change this fact for me.

Right......so 'How' do you know for a fact?

.I have no feelings or such towards yourself one way or another and am trying to help your better understanding of the forum and we, its denizens.

Thumbsup