((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 09:48 AM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
(17-01-2017 09:42 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  FATBALDY WROTE:

I accept that the current scientific understanding is correct.

MY RESPONSE:

In other words, 'YOU BLINDLY BELIEVE IT'

No. I base my acceptance on my education, personal reading of prominent authors such as Dawkins, and recorded lectures and talks. I do not claim any official degrees but I think I have a fairly good layman's understanding of the topic. The finer points can easily be researched online as the major universities, like Berkley, have online resources.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 09:50 AM

Note how the people in this short video have NOT been encouraged to critically think about ANYTHING they have been taught. Not the college teachers, nor the students

They just accept it all at blind face value, as they have been brainwashed to do.
17-01-2017, 09:51 AM
At work.

The Youtube videos by AronRa are quite good as well.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2017, 09:52 AM
(17-01-2017 09:21 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  He comes out of nowhere insulting me and you are wondering why I respond the way I do? Get real. I'm not made out of friggin wood!!

Maybe you should consider the fact that your words were insulting to me. I do not appreciate people like yourself "coming out of nowhere" and telling me what I think and why I think it.

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
17-01-2017, 09:52 AM
FATBALDY WROTE:

No. I base my acceptance on my education, personal reading of prominent authors such as Dawkins...

MY RESPONSE:

That's what blind faith believers tend to say about the things they blindly believe in.
17-01-2017, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 09:56 AM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

(17-01-2017 09:50 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  

Note how the people in this short video have NOT been encouraged to critically think about ANYTHING they have been taught. Not the college teachers, nor the students

They just accept it all at blind face value, as they have been brainwashed to do.

Facepalm

No

EDIT: Dig UP Jsamuel! Dig Upwards! Your posts are just shoveling you deeper into the pit.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2017, 09:54 AM
(17-01-2017 09:52 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:21 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  He comes out of nowhere insulting me and you are wondering why I respond the way I do? Get real. I'm not made out of friggin wood!!

Maybe you should consider the fact that your words were insulting to me. I do not appreciate people like yourself "coming out of nowhere" and telling me what I think and why I think it.

Hey, if you get what you ask for you should not be surprised by that. Did you expect me to put my proverbial tail between my legs then run and hide?

Do you believe that man evolving from an apelike common ancestor automatically means no intelligent designer was involved in the process?
17-01-2017, 09:57 AM
At work.

No Jsamuel, but a return to civility and better reason would be a wonderful start.

Thumbsup
17-01-2017, 09:58 AM
(17-01-2017 09:52 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  FATBALDY WROTE:

No. I base my acceptance on my education, personal reading of prominent authors such as Dawkins...

MY RESPONSE:

That's what blind faith believers tend to say about the things they blindly believe in.

Blink

How would a description of formal education and self-education via a variety of applicable sources apply to "blind faith"?

17-01-2017, 09:59 AM

I mean, just look at these college students. They are like little grade school kids. They are not critically thinking about ANYTHING they are being taught. It's disgraceful!!!

Colleges should be encouraging ruthless critical thinking, not blind faith belief in science, for crying out loud!!!