((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
(17-01-2017 09:54 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Hey, if you get what you ask for you should not be surprised by that. Did you expect me to put my proverbial tail between my legs then run and hide?

My response was to your post dumbass.

You made a generalization about atheists and I took offense to it.

Remember?

(17-01-2017 08:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 08:23 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Atheists tend to blindly believe ...

Fuck off.

Do not come here and tell me what I believe and on what basis I believe it.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2017 10:05 AM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

(17-01-2017 09:54 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Do you believe that man evolving from an apelike common ancestor automatically means no intelligent designer was involved in the process?

*Sigh*

Jsamuel?

Do you accept Science? You've made the claim that you agree with virology.

You can't have it both ways.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2017, 10:01 AM
TO FATBALDY:

Do you believe that man evolving from an apelike common ancestor
automatically means no intelligent designer was involved in the process?

17-01-2017, 10:04 AM
At work.

Take your yelling to the 'Boxingring' Jsamuel.

As for Ray Comfort? A pox on the dirt and dust ridden hole he crawled... um.... out... uh...

Oh yeah..... that was here.... Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2017, 10:06 AM
(17-01-2017 10:01 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  TO FATBALDY:

Do you believe that man evolving from an apelike common ancestor
automatically means no intelligent designer was involved in the process?

I already answered this:

(17-01-2017 09:09 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 08:40 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Do you blindly believe that man evolving from some apelike common ancestor automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process?

I do not believe anything blindly.
I no longer believe in an intelligent designer.

Man IS an ape. This is taxonomy and has nothing to do with evolution. You cannot describe man without describing the features of an ape. Scientists have been trying to disprove that connection since Linnaeus' time.

As an ape, man DID evolve from an ape ancestor. You can't evolve out of what you started from.

There has been no evidence for an intelligent designer and a great deal of evidence against one.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
17-01-2017, 10:07 AM
(17-01-2017 09:21 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 09:18 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Um? Jsamuel? If you want a 'One on one, knock down drag out' with FBHobbit? We have a specific place for that the 'Boxing ring' part of the forum. Thumbsup

I find it odd that (a) Jsamuel seems to be fixating on FBH and (b) that, on the one hand they accept/trust science (The font virology) and then on the other hand reject the science (Evolution)

Consider

Odd.....

He comes out of nowhere insulting me and you are wondering why I respond the way I do? Get real. I'm not made out of friggin wood!!

No, you are made out of clay Drinking Beverage

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Personally I believe that it's futile to think that any intelligent designer was involved in any process unless there is a substantial body of evidence for the designer itself.

Even if there was a designer, so what? We have no idea what it is, where it is, or how to communicate with it in a manner distinguishable from pure flights of fancy. Proposing a designer merely pushes the question back one level: Where did the designer itself come from?

Accordingly, it's a waste of time to assume that a sentient designer is even slightly more likely than mindless biochemical processes over billions of years.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
17-01-2017, 10:09 AM
(17-01-2017 08:23 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  Atheists tend to blindly believe man evolved from some apelike common ancestor and that automatically means there was no intelligent designer involved in the process. I don't see how the former belief automatically leads to the latter.

The former does not preclude the latter. Who said that it did? I accept evolution by natural selection as the best explanation of the evidence from multiple branches of science. I do not accept an intelligent designer because there is no evidence for that conjecture.

Quote:There are no repeatable, observable scientific experiments demonstrating that man evolved from some apelike common ancestor. It is something atheists have to accept on faith in AN ATHEIST interpretation of the physical evidence.

You are simply wrong. The fusing of chromosome 2 was predicted by the theory and found to be true. Tiktaalik was found by predicting what kind of creature would be found in certain kinds of rocks of certain ages. The theory has been tested repeatedly for over a hundred years and remains our best understanding. No "faith" in the religious sense is needed.

As a layman in the field I do rely on trust but that is based on an understanding of the scientific method and the proven track record it has. I do not trust blindly and I do not use faith to support beliefs.

Quote:After studying into corruption in science and in the scientific peer review process my faith in the integrity of science is now just as low as my faith that holy water is actually "holy".

Science can be messy because scientists are people. It would be foolish to accept new claims blindly but it remains the most reliable and the only self-correcting process we have. Discounting it all because it isn't perfect is every bit as foolish as trusting too blindly.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
17-01-2017, 10:09 AM
TO FATBALDY:

You say you don't blindly believe anything

yet you blindly believe man is an ape

Man looks and acts quite different from an ape.

However, if your science heroes say man is an ape you just blindly believe it, right?
17-01-2017, 10:10 AM
At work.

Jsamuel has also attested as to having a tail.....

Curious-er and curious-er... Consider