((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 10:11 AM
RE: ((( Critical Thinking is the Way )))
(17-01-2017 10:08 AM)Astreja Wrote:  Personally I believe that it's futile to think that any intelligent designer was involved in any process unless there is a substantial body of evidence for the designer itself.

Even if there was a designer, so what? We have no idea what it is, where it is, or how to communicate with it in a manner distinguishable from pure flights of fancy. Proposing a designer merely pushes the question back one level: Where did the designer itself come from?

Accordingly, it's a waste of time to assume that a sentient designer is even slightly more likely than mindless biochemical processes over billions of years.

Yes, well you have obviously been successfully brainwashed. You did NOT come to these beliefs all by yourself.

YOU WERE COACHED!!

I wisely leave the matter open until more information is discovered or revealed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2017, 10:13 AM
(17-01-2017 10:11 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  YOU WERE COACHED!!

...sayeth the strange person whose post started with a rant about fucking holy water. (shrugs and wanders off for coffee)

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
17-01-2017, 10:15 AM
At work.

Jsamuel?

Are you going to engage in conversation?

Or are you going to continue to selectivly ignore things some post and insult and disparage others?

I need to know since I'm a tad busy.
17-01-2017, 10:15 AM
People who tend to believe the universe has been intelligently designed are usually pushing some sort of religion they are recruiting for.

I'm not pushing any religion

I'm not looking for converts

I say DIE FOR YOUR OWN DAMNED SINS!!!

I'm not interested in suffering and dying for you!

Take up your own cross and go wherever the hell you want to go with it, I say
17-01-2017, 10:17 AM
At work.

So... it would seem ranting and carrying on then. Good to know.

Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
(17-01-2017 10:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 10:11 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  YOU WERE COACHED!!

...sayeth the strange person whose post started with a rant about fucking holy water. (shrugs and wanders off for coffee)

Hey, if that is really a photo of you I say you are cute,

but what do I know, right? Tongue
(17-01-2017 07:56 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  I SUDDENLY FELT INSPIRED to do some research into "Holy Water" and found this: "Hygiene[edit]
Holy water fonts have been identified as a potential source of bacterial and viral infection. In the late 19th century, bacteriologists found staphylococci, streptococci, coli bacilli, Loeffler's bacillus, and other bacteria in samples of holy water taken from a church in Sassari, Italy.[10] In a study performed in 1995, thirteen samples were taken when a burn patient acquired a bacterial infection after exposure to holy water. The samples in that study were shown to have a "wide range of bacterial species", some of which could cause infection in humans.[11] During the swine flu epidemic of 2009, Bishop John Steinbock of Fresno, California recommended that "holy water should not be in the fonts" due to fear of spreading infections.[12] Also in response to the swine flu, an automatic, motion-detecting holy water dispenser was invented and installed in an Italian church in 2009"

MY COMMENT:

Shouldn't truly "HOLY WATER" heal and destroy such bacteria. Shouldn't truly "Holy Water" be like some sort of spiritual peroxide?

I HAVE JUST LOST ALL FAITH IN "HOLY WATER"

Critical Thinking DEMANDS I consider that truly Holy Water should have supernatural healing properties. That should be the sign that it is truly "Holy"

A new fallacy: the no true holy water fallacy. It couldn't be true holy water if it is infected.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
17-01-2017, 10:18 AM
(17-01-2017 10:09 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  TO FATBALDY:

You say you don't blindly believe anything

yet you blindly believe man is an ape

Man looks and acts quite different from an ape.

However, if your science heroes say man is an ape you just blindly believe it, right?

I've already described my reasons for my beliefs to you.

We'll just leave fossils out for now, since they're really just the icing on the cake, so to speak.

On what basis do you discard Taxonomy and DNA?

And I repeat: Man looks very much like an ape. We even have the fur, albeit briefly: Lanugo

Man and other apes share many behaviors including communication, tool making and cooperation.

And if you are a disciple of Ray Comfort, then I foresee this conversation ending soon.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
17-01-2017, 10:20 AM
(17-01-2017 10:15 AM)Jsamuel Wrote:  People who tend to believe the universe has been intelligently designed are usually pushing some sort of religion they are recruiting for.

I'm not pushing any religion

I'm not looking for converts

I say DIE FOR YOUR OWN DAMNED SINS!!!

I'm not interested in suffering and dying for you!

Take up your own cross and go wherever the hell you want to go with it, I say

Aaaaaaand we're done. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
17-01-2017, 10:20 AM
(17-01-2017 10:15 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Jsamuel?

Are you going to engage in conversation?

Or are you going to continue to selectivly ignore things some post and insult and disparage others?

I need to know since I'm a tad busy.

State something worth responding to and I'll do my best to address it