Criticising Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 01:25 PM
RE: Criticising Islam
(31-10-2013 01:00 PM)onedream Wrote:  Arguing about which religion is more stupid is like arguing about whether John Lennon is more dead than JFK.

They ought to make a t-shirt saying that. xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
31-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Ok I will give you the one where you said "I think he's a hypocrit".
Simply quoting scripture or saying "shocking" is not criticizing.
31-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Criticising Islam
(31-10-2013 01:25 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 01:00 PM)onedream Wrote:  Arguing about which religion is more stupid is like arguing about whether John Lennon is more dead than JFK.

They ought to make a t-shirt saying that. xD

Maybe I'll meme it.
31-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Criticising Islam

[+] 2 users Like onedream's post
31-10-2013, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 08:51 PM by Youkay.)

Thanks for agreeing with me

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
31-10-2013, 08:27 PM
(31-10-2013 02:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Ok I will give you the one where you said "I think he's a hypocrit".

You are not the criticism police who sets the standards so please drop this subject.

Also I am supplying verses which can be used for criticism in the future by any of us. That was the very purpose of this thread, in case you missed it.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
31-10-2013, 09:22 PM
(31-10-2013 08:27 PM)Youkay Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 02:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Ok I will give you the one where you said "I think he's a hypocrit".

You are not the criticism police who sets the standards so please drop this subject.

Also I am supplying verses which can be used for criticism in the future by any of us. That was the very purpose of this thread, in case you missed it.

You are very cranky. I was simply wondering why you named the thread criticizing Islam if that wasn't what is was for.
Why are you so angry?
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
31-10-2013, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 11:26 PM by Youkay.)
We are actively trying to find good arguments how to best criticise Islam. Just reread the thread from the beginning, and I hope you will agree.

I am not cranky, but I feel slightly offended when being subject to unfounded accusations. If you want to further discuss this rather personal matter, please pm me. This thread is not the right place for it.

[+] 1 user Likes Youkay's post
02-11-2013, 11:54 AM
(31-10-2013 07:42 AM)Youkay Wrote:  <snip>
(30-10-2013 07:03 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Conclusion : If we answer rightly to these three questions we can easily understand that Islam is a religion of obscurantism (all religions are obscurantists but Islam is at a level of obscurantist that I can't define) because Muslims continue to believe in bullshit even with strong evidences against these false beliefs. Also if we read the Koran and ahadith (mainly those contain in Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih al-Muslim) we can see that "Islam = stupid beliefs , stupid rules and violence".

I only disagree with you saying that you think Islam is even more stupid than Christianity. I don't think so. And there are plenty of bible verses I think are more violent and terrible than in the Quran (in fact, I am posting the most cruel things I find right here)
<snip>

What sentences make you think that I wrote that Islam is even more stupid that Christianity ? can you find the word "christianity" or a synonym somewhere in this text.

I think that this religion is more problematic that some religions for the next reasons :

1.In some parts of "France" and others places in "western and northern europe" history teachers must avoid to teach some parts of the history who are a part of the "school programm" to avoid problems with the Muslim community.

2.In some parts of "France" and others places in "western and northern europe" biology teachers can't make a course about evolution theory without being insulted , mocked , whistled etc...

3.I can witness that I knew many teachers concerned by the points "1 and 2".
I suppose that one of yours counter-arguments will be the next :
A.In USA some lobbies want the teaching of this pseudo-science named "creationism" in science class.

Answer : I'm speaking about the situation in "western and nothern europe" therefore don't speak about USA. Yes some Christians lobbies from "European Union" want creationism in science class. But there are a difference. In these part of the "old continent" the majority of Christians aren't litteral creationists. Therefore these lobbies are a minority. We can't say the same thing about the majority of Muslims who live in "Belgium , Denmark , France , Norway , Sweden, UK" etc...
[+] 1 user Likes viocjit's post
02-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Here we go, heres a nice word to look up. Kafir (Arabic: كافر‎ kāfir, plural كفّار kuffār)
This is basically a disbeliever or infidel. One who rejects the god of islam.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell