Critiquing "the good parts" of the Bible (long one)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2014 04:27 PM by Buddy Christ.)
Critiquing "the good parts" of the Bible (long one)
So apparently I skipped over all the "good and moral parts" of the Bible in my "clearly manipulative and purpose driven book." I was going to do what I did back in the day and read the whole Bible again, picking out each part... but nothing sounds quite so depressing right about now. I would rather have dental work performed by a dentist who's wearing rusty nail shoes and dancing on a chalkboard floor while chewing tinfoil and humming a Kesha song. So instead, I've done the next best thing. I found this site of "100 most read Bible verses" and decided that 100 was a good start. I will be checking each verse with the KJB for context and translation confirmation. Note that they are the "most read" and not necessarily goodly in nature. Also I suspect there was some selective editing done, since not a single verse is from Leviticus. I will try... I will honestly try to approach this with an open mind, or rather an optimistic yet inquisitive mind. (Though I will most likely immediately fail in that approach)

Here we go!

John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:17: For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

-This one never impressed me like it was supposed to. There is cause and effect. Why did God send his "Son" (that he birthed without the need of a woman)? He sent his Son to "save" mankind so that we may redeem ourselves. Save us from what? Original sin. And any action that is based on an infliction whose existence is predicated on my willingness to believe in a talking snake and a magic apple is a meaningless action - like if I cut off my hand to cleanse mankind of a "black aura" placed on us by Lord Zutu, who only I have intimate knowledge of.

Apart from that, are you telling me that the only way to save mankind was to send a god in human form to be tortured by Romans? That was the only option? God couldn't just forgive us for the actions of one man and one woman that happened thousands of years ago? We were already severing parts of our genitalia at birth as per our agreed upon covenant. Is this not enough?

Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

-Do we praise the verse itself or does context matter? Also, do we praise the author of the verse or the person being attributed with the verse? Here, Jeremiah is writing to the people of Jerusalem that have just been captures and taken to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar. Jeremiah claims to be speaking for God and that God has taken responsibility for the enslavement ("unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon... And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives"). So this is not a feel-good message from God to you, the reader of the Bible. This is Jeremiah explaining to a bunch of confused and faithful captives that this is all intentional and not to worry about it (For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you"). You see? Have no fear, for in 70 years I will come make it up to you... 70 years?? Thanks for the haste, God! Excuses for the benefit of the forsaken do not make my list. Zero good things so far.

Romans 8:28: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

-I'm realizing that this whole list is going to be things that people wrote about God, not teachings from God himself. They are inaccurate pleasantries meant to make the fellow faithful feel good about themselves. If God worked for the good of those who loved him, wouldn't it be apparent? Wouldn't the faithful be blessed and live amazing and fortuitous lives? Yet in reality, the heathens and the pious are indiscernible. Both are subject to the same random occurrences of fate that affect us all.

Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

-Just more feel-good nonsense. The most holy and devout person on earth can do no more than the most sinister and malevolent.

Genesis 1:1: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

-Uhhhh, this is in the top 100 most searched verses? Did they forget which day it was or what he created first? "I'm pretty sure in the beginning God created Netflix and string cheese, but let me double check."

Proverbs 3:5: Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

-Not only have you still to score a single useful or moral teaching, you're now misleading people. What a terrible instruction. Even if your own understanding as a sane and rational human being is telling you otherwise, close your mind and believe against all logic that the Lord is correct. Isn't this the definition of closed-mindedness? Stupid logic! Always trying to turn me from the Lord.

Proverbs 3:6: In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

-This... this is the same verse as above. Lost in the confusing jungle of science and reason? Call out to God! He will cut you a path and lead you from all your cognitive struggles. Wait. I'm supposed to be approaching this with a smile and a pinch (I'll need a wheelbarrow full) of salt. Let's try again with the next one.

Romans 12:2: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

-In order to determine God's pleasing and throbbing will, you need to break from the normal thinking of the world. Wearing tinfoil hats and almost dying of dehydration from listening to God's voice in your head certainly seem like breaking from the pattern. This sounds like the Hindu practice of meditating and depriving yourself of needs until you "connect clearly" with God due to... your brain panicking from being deprived of needs.

Philippians 4:6: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

-The idea of voicing your worries out loud (or in this case to your invisible friend) to relieve stress is not a new one.

Matthew 28:19: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

-Again, not a helpful teaching or even a pleasant Haiku. Telling people to proselytize your personal beliefs to people who don't want to hear them is pretty inconsiderate.

Ephesians 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

-Being saved from the curse that God himself gave you... is a gift from God. For Christmas I'm going to not light my child on fire and then expect him to thank me for it.

Galatians 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

-I regularly enjoy all of those things (minus the last one) and I am without the Spirit.

Romans 12:1: Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

-Um, what? As an impressionable mind eager to please God, I interpret this as "suicide bomb" or "drink the Kool-Aid." At best I get "mindless drone for God."

John 10:10: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

-The context for this is that Jesus is telling a parable about how he is the true shepherd for his sheep (all you mindless followers) because he "walked through the shepherd door" while all the prophets before him cheated and didn't go through the door. They were thieves and robbers will malicious intentions, while he is there for the benefit of the flock. Either way, his self-righteous proclamations do me no good as a seeker of life lessons. I'm still at zero.

Acts 18:9: One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent.

Acts 18:10: For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city.

Acts 18:11: So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.

-Here God is reassuring Paul that no harm will come to him during his converting and preaching in Corinth because his gang is prevalent throughout the city. If we try to take this as a modern day lesson, it's rings false. Christians are harmed and killed all the time (not necessarily for being Christian) and there is no retribution to "avenge a fallen Christian."

Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

-These are not helpful at all. Let's speed this up.

1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

-Xerxes is kind and loving and will accept our groveling and submission.

Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

-You are all worthless.

John 14:6: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

-"I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather bound books."

Matt 28:20: And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

-Obey. You're my slave forever.

Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

-A completely unnecessary death.

Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

-You got one Bible!! You actually got one! I would personally have you do more than just think about these things, like actually doing them, but close enough!

Philippians 4:7: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

-By "guard" do you mean "place in an impenetrable bubble where no amount of logic can make you understand"?

Joshua 1:9: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

-The whips of your master are at your back. Do as your commanded and do not fail me.

Isaiah 40:31: But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

-Like a hobo on a meth binge, the fanatic can push himself past his limits.

Ephesians 2:9: Not by works, so that no one can boast.

-You are not saved by your good deeds, because that would make you proud of yourself, and we wouldn't want that would we?

Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Galatians 5:23: Gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

-Two! You've got two!

Isaiah 53:5: But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

-Guilt tripping readers into conversion.

1 Peter 3:15: But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

-Sound advice that is rarely practiced. Christians are often defensive and offended at "aggressive and angry" questions about their beliefs.

2 Timothy 3:16: All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

-That's why I'm here, Timothy. I'm looking for evidence of these teachings and righteous training. Could you tell God to pop a breath mint? Because so far his teaching breath stinks.

Mattew 6:33: But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

-("Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?") His followers should place food, water, and clothing second to God's approval. Because if you take care of the first, God will take care of the second. We've all witnessed prayer groups being showered with bread and khakis falling from the sky, right?

Hebrews 12:2: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

-What if he had sat at the left hand of God? Or what if God and Jesus sat on a loveseat or ruled heaven from hammocks? I wish God would find a more modern system of government to rule over his people. A monarchy is sooooo passe.

1 Peter 5:7: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

-Okay. Thanks!

1 Corinthians 10:13: No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

-Why is he tempting me at all? God is showing up at AA meetings with a six pack just to see who can handle the temptation. What a dick. If no temptation is more than we can bear, then why is anyone giving in to temptation? Doesn't that mean that it was more than they could bear?

Matthew 11:28: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

-Jesus was not a purveyor of futons and foot massagers. In fact, he walked an exceptional amount. He also never said much, so he made for a terrible psychiatrist. At best, it should say, "Come to me, all who have leprosy and blindness, and I will heal a couple of you."

Hebrews 11:1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

-Still one of the dumbest sentences in the history of literature. It's like the slogan for the clinically insane. Being absolutely certain of things that can't be measured and firmly believing in whatever you want to be true. Faith is interchangeable with another word here. Now insanity is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

-Sounds like a commercial for a fitness center. Shed those unwanted pounds and see how good the new you looks!

Hebrews 13:5: Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

-You sold me on the first part and then I returned my purchase after hearing the second part. I also find it strange that this condemning of the love of money is found in the book of Hebrews, aka the book of the Jews. Stereotype humor!

2 Corinthians 12:9: But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

-This is that part of the Bible where Paul gets all masochist on us and pinches his nipples while delighting in how pathetic he is for Christ.

Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

-I'm not looking for instructions on how to join your zombie club.

Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

-...with my righteous right hand. God's giving handies in the bathroom and they're righteous.

Genesis 1:26: Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

-I don't know about you, but I don't rule over shit. The fish, the birds, the livestock, they just kind of do whatever the hell they want. If I'm lucky, maybe I can pull a fish or two out of the water and maybe I can kill some livestock if they're lazy enough. But have you ever tried to get a bird to come down so you can eat it? If anything, the birds rule over me. They fly around, mocking my lack of flight, and then they eat my corpse when I collapse from starvation.

Acts 1:8: But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

-I'm too immature to get over the wording of this one.

2 Timothy 1:7: For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

-Are you sure? All God commands of us, ever, is that we fear and tremble before him. And self-discipline? Are you kidding? Have you seen a human being when left to his own nature?

Isaiah 53:4: Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.

-Isaiah 53 is interesting because it is the go-to chapter of the religious when trying to find prophecy for Jesus.

"He was taken from prison and from judgment:…
…and who shall declare his generation?…
… for he was cut off out of the land of the living:…
… for the transgression of my people was he stricken.…”

The whole chapter is about a "Suffering Servant" who will be rewarded for his suffering. What the religious conveniently fail to notice is that the 12 chapters preceding this are about the nation of Israel, identified as the servant ("41:8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.") Israel had been taken by Babylon and had been suffering as captives at this point. God even makes sure everyone knows that he is the one and only god.

"43:3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
"before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."
"I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

He repeats that he is the only savior and god about 15 more times. Oh, and by the way - "44:21 Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant: I have formed thee; thou art my servant: O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me." Then chapters 47 and 48 are curses and threats towards Babylon because, well, that's what this whole thing is clearly about.

"O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion."
"Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high."

So how do we go from an entire story about a captive Israel rising against Babylon and being rewarded for their suffering... to a man who will be crucified for mankind? Same as always - the truth is whatever the church wants it to be.

"The word servant is used 23 times in the book. 19 in chapters 41 to 53. Israel/Jacob is called the servant at least 11 times: the first 2 in chapter 41. Servant is used 4 times in the previous 40 chapters referring to Isaiah, Eliakim, servants in general, and David. Many of these verses such as 43:10 You are My witnesses, said the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, 44:21 You are My servant Israel, 49:3 You are My servant Israel, and others, clearly show the nation referred to by the singular "servant". The word messiah ("anointed one") is found twice, referring to Cyrus Isaiah 45:1, and in chapter Isaiah 61. The word "servants" is used 9 times in chapters 54 to 66. Prior to ch 54 it is last used in ch 37. All 9 references in ch. 54 to 66 are to Israel."

2 Corinthians 5:21: God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

-I must repeat, God was the one who gave us sin.

Romans 15:13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

-How quaint.

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;

-What better way to get over your fear of death than by telling yourself that you'll live forever?

Hebrews 11:6: And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

-If I don't believe he exists and I'm not seeking him, why would I give a shit if he's pleased and how would I go to him?

John 5:24: I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.

-Magic. All you have to do is to make a few mental adjustments and you get to transcend death.

James 1:2: Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds

-And keep those flagellant whips nearby and those nipple clamps on there tight, fellas!

Acts 2:38: Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

-But wait! Act(s) now and receive a 2 week membership to Planet Fitness and a 10 dollar Starbucks gift card!

Ephesians 3:20: Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

-My god has a bigger dick than your god.

Matthew 11:30: For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

-God likes his yolks over easy and his Camels Light.

Genesis 1:27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

-God is a hermaphrodite.

Hebrews 12:1: Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

-Since we've got such a great turnout, let's go streaking.

James 5:16: Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

-Maybe we atheists should try this. Attention forum, this morning I masturbated to old episodes of Blossom while wearing a corset. Forgive me and tell me your sins. Now I just feel publicly shamed and guilty. Shame and guilt - the Christian combo.

Acts 17:11: Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

-If you take seriously the ravings of a madman, this makes you "noble."

Philippians 4:19: And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

-Well I have the need for speed. And heroin. Speed and heroin. I'm sure God, with all his glorious riches, can afford to hook me up.

1 Corinthians 6:19: Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

-Nothing breeds pride and self-confidence like completely being stripped of your independence.

1 John 3:16: This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

-Clearly a response to the queries of Foreigner.

Psalms 133:1: How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!

-Communism! Socialists!

John 14:27: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

-Peace is not an item you can give to someone, nor do they gain anything by receiving your so-called peace. My heart is troubled and I am terrified of this madman giving me metaphorical peace.

Hebrews 4:12: For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

-You are a frog and God his dissecting you with his word scalpel.

John 15:13: Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

-I believe that is accurate. I hope a person does not go around seeking to go his life for friends just to show them how much he cares.

[Skipped a few due to more "You need to find faith and God is powerful" verses]

Hebrews 10:25: Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

-Apparently even back then, church attendance was dwindling, even in the face of Doomsday threats.

2 Peter 1:4: Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

-Despite what the Bible tells me, I am not wracked by my desire to do evil. In fact, I can't even choose the evil plot choices in video games. I feel bad for the pixelated characters and only want to help them.

Psalms 133:3: It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.

-Mount Hermon was 100 miles from Jerusalem and very tall and snow capped. Mount Zion was always dry, like the region of Jerusalem. He is making a locally-understood, culturally relevant comment, something the Bible does often, being written by men of a specific culture.

Hebrews 4:16: Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

-Asking the king for mercy. Truly he is a loving god who cares for us all by sometimes not punishing us depending on his mood.

Psalms 37:4: Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

-I'm telling you, the desires of my heart consist of an infinite supply of kittens and a mallet. I'm not sure the Lord wants to give me my desires.

Matthew 28:18: Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

-Well at least he was humble about it.

Ps 133:2: It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down upon the collar of his robes.

-I'm a little confused as to why there's all this oil and beards and men pouring oil on each other in close proximity?

Matthew 5:16: In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

-You are doing your good deeds in a boastful manner so that others may be deceived into your beliefs.

John 13:35: By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

-That's it? The disciples are the only group of people on earth who love one another? Can't they wear distinctive hats or get tattoos to let people know what gang they're from?

So that site didn't help me out much with the nice things of the Bible. Please post your own nice verses so that we may examine them. Thanks.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
22-01-2014, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 05:23 PM by DLJ.)
RE: Critiquing "the good parts" of the Bible (long one)

I'm going to enjoy reading this.

It's always the cherry-picked, 'good' bits that get thrown back after lobbing a slavery/inequality grenade.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I read a little... Nonetheless, thanks for the post. I'm too ADHD to read it all at once, but I will EVENTUALLY read it all...

Atir aissom atir imon
23-01-2014, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2014 04:34 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Buddy, if you were any more of a glutton for self induced pain and suffering, I'd think you were a Catholic... Tongue

I am, slowly but diligently, reading through the entire list; but this one is just golden.

Quote:Ephesians 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

-Being saved from the curse that God himself gave you... is a gift from God. For Christmas I'm going to not light my child on fire and then expect him to thank me for it.

A fine example of reductio ad absurdum.

Quote:Philippians 4:8: Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

-You got one Bible!! You actually got one! I would personally have you do more than just think about these things, like actually doing them, but close enough!

If I remember correctly from 'God is Not Great', this is the verse Christopher Hitchens read at his father's funeral (he quoted the KJV); precisely for it's mostly secular injunction and haunting tone.

Possible typo?

Quote:Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

-These are helpful at all. Let's speed this up.

Should that be 'These are not helpful at all'?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
23-01-2014, 04:27 PM
I wrote the thing yesterday and even I don't want to read it today. It's just something that I must do to truly understand the Lord.

Fixed the typo. Like I said, it was too long to reread. Think of it more like bait to draw the unsuspecting Christians into responding.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."