Critter pics - or - where my money goes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2013, 01:24 AM
RE: Critter pics - or - where my money goes
(10-11-2013 01:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's probably bad to say it and to do it, but my animals live better than many people in this world.

One day I will get pics of the parrots.

All of them...all of them are spoiled rotten...as well as the wild birds that hang out here for the steady food supply.

My son has a parakeet that's been alive now for nearly a decade...Now that bird is pampered.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2013, 01:26 AM
I have a new baby mini-lops, I haven't introduced to the the other two yet, (I have three now... the "holy trinity")
I have to keep them up at school, as my dog wants to play with them, and they're afraid of him.

[Image: 1240041_577559825613741_1673564677_n.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-11-2013, 01:38 AM
(10-11-2013 01:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I'll just shut up...

Me too. I wasn't here.

10-11-2013, 06:40 AM
(10-11-2013 01:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 01:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's probably bad to say it and to do it, but my animals live better than many people in this world.

One day I will get pics of the parrots.

All of them...all of them are spoiled rotten...as well as the wild birds that hang out here for the steady food supply.

My son has a parakeet that's been alive now for nearly a decade...Now that bird is pampered.

Hopefully he has fruit, veggies and lean meat in his diet - then he can live to be 25 to 30 years. Hard to get them to eat it though if they didn't get it when babies, unknown foods are presumed to be poisonous. You can try introducing it though by hanging it like toys - may take a good while but will get attacked eventually. Unfortunately a little known fact. Parrots are omnivores like us, budgies (parakeets) are small parrots. ( I once ran a breeding facility with like 100 pairs of all types of parrots, I am a good source of parrot facts.)

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-11-2013, 06:44 AM
(10-11-2013 01:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have a new baby mini-lops, I haven't introduced to the the other two yet, (I have three now... the "holy trinity")
I have to keep them up at school, as my dog wants to play with them, and they're afraid of him.

Once had a little black Mini Lop, he was super. Best friends with the cat, they used the same litter box.

Mine walked among a medium size mutt and a Saint Bernard without blinking an eye...

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-11-2013, 06:48 AM
(10-11-2013 06:44 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 01:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have a new baby mini-lops, I haven't introduced to the the other two yet, (I have three now... the "holy trinity")

Once had a little black Mini Lop, he was super. Best friends with the cat, they used the same litter box.

Mine walked among a medium size mutt and a Saint Bernard without blinking an eye...

The new one seems ok with Lorenzo, (the dog). The other two run away from him. So I'm thinking if they see the new little one playing with him, they might see he won't do them any harm. I have to introduce the baby to the two older ones, then I will try the dog.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-11-2013, 06:58 AM
My husband's legacy still living with me:

His dog

[Image: summer10031_zps6ecd0ba1.jpg]

and his cats:

[Image: DSCF0337_zpsf59e4dbc.jpg]

10-11-2013, 07:00 AM
(10-11-2013 06:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 06:44 AM)Dom Wrote:  Once had a little black Mini Lop, he was super. Best friends with the cat, they used the same litter box.

The new one seems ok with Lorenzo, (the dog). The other two run away from him. So I'm thinking if they see the new little one playing with him, they might see he won't do them any harm. I have to introduce the baby to the two older ones, then I will try the dog.

Yep, it's all about the running...

10-11-2013, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 07:34 AM by Anjele.)
(10-11-2013 06:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 01:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My son has a parakeet that's been alive now for nearly a decade...Now that bird is pampered.

Hopefully he has fruit, veggies and lean meat in his diet - then he can live to be 25 to 30 years. Hard to get them to eat it though if they didn't get it when babies, unknown foods are presumed to be poisonous. You can try introducing it though by hanging it like toys - may take a good while but will get attacked eventually. Unfortunately a little known fact. Parrots are omnivores like us, budgies (parakeets) are small parrots. ( I once ran a breeding facility with like 100 pairs of all types of parrots, I am a good source of parrot facts.)

Our Grey loves eggs and chicken...which seems a little cannibalistic, but, whatever. Both birds like cereal and pasta too.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-11-2013, 07:31 AM
(10-11-2013 07:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 06:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  Hopefully he has fruit, veggies and lean meat in his diet - then he can live to be 25 to 30 years. Hard to get them to eat it though if they didn't get it when babies, unknown foods are presumed to be poisonous. You can try introducing it though by hanging it like toys - may take a good while but will get attacked eventually. Unfortunately a little known fact. Parrots are omnivores like us, budgies (parakeets) are small parrots. ( I once ran a breeding facility with like 100 pairs of all types of parrots, I am a good source of parrot facts.)

Our Grey loves likes eggs and chicken...which seems a little cannibalistic, but, whatever. Both birds like cereal and pasta too.

Dunno why it would be cannibalistic - we eat fellow mammals all the time. Smile

While we all know dogs can't have chicken bones, parrots get a lot out of chicken leg bones - they know to crack them like nuts and just get at the marrow. Very nutritious for them, and fun too. Cooked well, of course. What is poisonous to parrots is avocado. Pasta - mine asks for it constantly. Loves spaghetti.