Critter pics - or - where my money goes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2013, 07:39 AM
RE: Critter pics - or - where my money goes
No avocado, no chocolate...those are the feeding rules around here. (I don't want to share the chocolate anyway.) Other than that Chewy will eat nearly anything. Lasagna, grits, french toast and pancakes, Cheetos, grapes, french fries, bananas, baby carrots, and on and on. With a lack of teenagers in the house she seldom gets fries any more but used to yell when she smelled them, "Chewy wants some!"

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-11-2013, 02:52 PM
(10-11-2013 06:40 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 01:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My son has a parakeet that's been alive now for nearly a decade...Now that bird is pampered.

Hopefully he has fruit, veggies and lean meat in his diet - then he can live to be 25 to 30 years. Hard to get them to eat it though if they didn't get it when babies, unknown foods are presumed to be poisonous. You can try introducing it though by hanging it like toys - may take a good while but will get attacked eventually. Unfortunately a little known fact. Parrots are omnivores like us, budgies (parakeets) are small parrots. ( I once ran a breeding facility with like 100 pairs of all types of parrots, I am a good source of parrot facts.)

I learned something new! Thanks Dom.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

12-11-2013, 03:35 PM
.....shit......might be starting a fight and a derail here.......

Not only can dogs eat chicken bones, they actually provide some nutrients that are extremely rare in sources other than fowl. The danger is cooked chicken bones. Even there, the danger is slim, and only as a choking hazard (it's an old wives tale that they splinter and cut up the dogs intestines.) A whole, raw chicken (or quarters for the small dog) is a twice weekly meal for my dogs.

Just sayin.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
12-11-2013, 03:46 PM
I was gonna say - my dogs used to eat all kinds of birds. Sometimes, feathers and all!! Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-11-2013, 04:40 PM
(12-11-2013 03:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  .....shit......might be starting a fight and a derail here.......

Not only can dogs eat chicken bones, they actually provide some nutrients that are extremely rare in sources other than fowl. The danger is cooked chicken bones. Even there, the danger is slim, and only as a choking hazard (it's an old wives tale that they splinter and cut up the dogs intestines.) A whole, raw chicken (or quarters for the small dog) is a twice weekly meal for my dogs.

Just sayin.

This is true. The BARF diet uses cut up raw chicken with great success.

Must disagree on the "not slitting intestines" for cooked chicken bones though - my cousin's Dachshund died from this. Of course this is anecdotal, but I know that it is true in that case. She did feed him cooked chicken, bones and all, for years and one day it happened.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-11-2013, 06:24 PM
(10-11-2013 12:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: 1391960_612536218808119_765266617_n.jpg]

That's my furball.

Blue merle Sheltie?
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
12-11-2013, 06:25 PM
(12-11-2013 06:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 12:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: 1391960_612536218808119_765266617_n.jpg]

That's my furball.

Blue merle Sheltie?

Yessir!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-11-2013, 06:52 PM
My dogs only eat cooked chicken(plus leftover bones) and raw fresh tiny fish as meat(3x per week).
The rest is rice,dogfood,vegeatbles,leftofers of the day,bread,ect

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
12-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Darwin:

[Image: a1a04cc7f49d019e601ba330d6ea477f.jpg]

So many cats, so few good recipes.