Croatia (again) and Gay Pride

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Croatia (again) and Gay Pride
Couple of days ago we had a first Gay Pride in my hometown, Split, Croatia. There were around 300 LGBT members "marching" through town and when they came to thir final destination, a few thousands of angry anti-gay idiots were there to meet them and throw rocks at them, shouting... You could read about that, most of the worlds newspapers have written about the incident.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/06/13/vid...xtremists/

Day after the incident some Catholic priests have also had an interview in the local papers. One of them has said that (quote) "he is glad that these pictures have been in all the world newspapers, so that the whole world can see how we are a strong Christian nation and Christian traditions are rooted into our society and we don't tolerate abnormal behavior...". Other priest was a little bit less aggressive, but the same conclusion could be seen in his statement.

At the same time there was a Gay Pride in Rome, Italy and there was around one million LGBT members on the parade and almost no police, no incidents whatsoever. Does that mean that there are no Christians in Rome? And that nobody in Rome has any Christian traditions, because they did not kill any gay persons?

Smile

P.S.
I just realized I kinda missed the forum, so if anyone is willing, you can transfer this thread to World News, it a more appropriate place, I don't have the privilege. Thank you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2011, 03:57 AM
RE: Croatia (again) and Gay Pride
That disgusts me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if that ever happened around here I would immediately start firebombing churches. I don't care if that threatens anyone, its only right since their own justification for beating/killing homosexuals makes the law void, my own justification also makes their rights of life/limb/property void.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
16-06-2011, 04:11 AM
Very interesting thing is that if I (as a private person, individual) were to say something like that I would end up in jail or at least I would have to pay tons of money as a punishment for being intolerant and racist. But when a priest says that it ok, it normal. And one other thing I found out about that idiot who calls himself "a priest", the bastard has a wife and a daughter. He is a Roman-Catholic priest and is supposed to be in celibate...

-Hunter S. Thompson
16-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Most of the bigger and stronger Nations are getting more and more tolerant. I think the thing now is just to let the older generations die off, because the new generations, being brought up in a world in homosexuality is becoming more and more okay. May take a couple generations, but I do think we'll get there.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
16-06-2011, 12:15 PM
This could apply anywhere where retrograde ideas still run amuck:

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
17-06-2011, 12:15 AM
I bet they'll be pleased when they realize stones aren't stopping the march. It sucks to be persecuted but we haven't stopped yet, and it's worked in plenty of other countries.

And good video link Efrx86

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Croatia has a very specific way of Christianity... We are very conservative and very proud on our religion, on the paper, but the reality is quite a different story. All the people will say they are Christians, young, old, everyone, they will all use that word to promote themselves, but hardly anyone goes to church, absolutely nobody ever read the Bible... Only older people go to church, but young are just posers, so they can use God or Bible as an excuse to, lets say, kill some gay people. Interesting fact is that I never found a person who read the Bible. Not one person. In the "extremely Catholic country" nobody bothers with the Bible, but if a priest says something, then its "for God and country!", and why should they bother checking out what the Bible has to say about that? Good thing about all this is that I can make fun of those people with little to no effort, I just use some lines from the Bible to state my point and they can not argue with me, because they don't know anything about the Bible. That is so funny. Stupid Croatian-Christan-wannabes... Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
17-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Sounds like the LGBT community will have a serious advantage

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-06-2011, 09:08 PM
(17-06-2011 12:52 AM)Filox Wrote:  Croatia has a very specific way of Christianity... We are very conservative and very proud on our religion, on the paper, but the reality is quite a different story. All the people will say they are Christians, young, old, everyone, they will all use that word to promote themselves, but hardly anyone goes to church, absolutely nobody ever read the Bible... Only older people go to church, but young are just posers, so they can use God or Bible as an excuse to, lets say, kill some gay people. Interesting fact is that I never found a person who read the Bible. Not one person. In the "extremely Catholic country" nobody bothers with the Bible, but if a priest says something, then its "for God and country!", and why should they bother checking out what the Bible has to say about that? Good thing about all this is that I can make fun of those people with little to no effort, I just use some lines from the Bible to state my point and they can not argue with me, because they don't know anything about the Bible. That is so funny. Stupid Croatian-Christan-wannabes... Smile

This doesn't sound very much different from Evangelicals in the US. Trust me, there are plenty of them who would think it's totally appropriate to stone gay people. They don't do it though because they wouldn't get away with it here. They're a very hateful, hypocritical bunch.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
21-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Well yeah, but I always considered Evangelicals to know what the Bible says. And problem with Croatians is that they are not afraid to stone anyone, because they don't think about consequences. There was one guy in the newspapers few days after the Gay Pride, he was on the "wild-bunch" side shouting all sorts of aggressive and humiliating thing to the LGBT crowd. Then, of course, his picture and a video of him making a fool of himself was on national TV and his wife saw it and police got his identity. Then he came to the newspapers crying how he didn't mean it, how he was there just as a bystander but then some gay has flipped him the middle finger and the he snapped, so he had said some things he didn't mean to say, he is soooooo very sorry... He mentioned how his wife was angry as hell when he came home, 'couse she saw him on TV... So they are all very strong and super at the moment, then when he comes home and sees that he could go to jail or loose his wife, they all change the story. I would give him double sentence for this kind of pussy behavior.

-Hunter S. Thompson