Crop circle belivers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Crop circle belivers
I have an acquaintance who believes crop circles are made by aliens or some sort of other worldly entity. No matter how much I explain the origin of crop circles (two British guys in a pub thought it up) he doesn't believe it. The funny thing is that he's an atheist and most of the time he's pretty reasonable but then he lets loose on total nonsense like this. My only guess is that he did lots of drugs in his youth, everything from mushrooms to LSD to cocaine and it fried part of his brain....the part that should know crop circles are made by humans.

I've provided all kinds of links and information and videos but he still won't come around to logic.

Anyone know others who believe in this nonsense? It's just soooo dumb.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Crop circle belivers
They make a good story out of it, with plasma/electromagnetics/geoelectromagnetics/geomancy/geometry going on. I personally believe in that last one, so... Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Find a cornfield and make some circles with him.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
05-06-2013, 03:56 PM
(05-06-2013 03:06 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Find a cornfield and make some circles with him.

Hey, I'm out in Oregon and there are loads of wheat fields in the eastern part of the state. Lets go!

This was the firefox logo a few years ago that someone did out in eastern Oregon, er maybe it was aliens who were fascinated by human advertising.

I always wonder if the farmer gets paid for having some of their field ruined.

[Image: ffcropcirviagooglemap.jpg]

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
05-06-2013, 04:04 PM
maybe he gets more entertainment out of pulling a fast one over on you, then actually admitting that he knows they are made by humans.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
05-06-2013, 04:07 PM
[Image: Machine_198947a29a98bb48a.jpg]

Ohmy

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
05-06-2013, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 04:27 PM by Luminon.)
(05-06-2013 01:37 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have an acquaintance who believes crop circles are made by aliens or some sort of other worldly entity. No matter how much I explain the origin of crop circles (two British guys in a pub thought it up) he doesn't believe it. The funny thing is that he's an atheist and most of the time he's pretty reasonable but then he lets loose on total nonsense like this. My only guess is that he did lots of drugs in his youth, everything from mushrooms to LSD to cocaine and it fried part of his brain....the part that should know crop circles are made by humans.

I've provided all kinds of links and information and videos but he still won't come around to logic.

Anyone know others who believe in this nonsense? It's just soooo dumb.
Frankly speaking, I do not know anything about crop circles. I have never seen one or been in one or know anyone who's been there. Photographs, that's all I ever saw and questions are all I have. There are some crop circles that are obviously "fake", IOW, simple, small,r flawed. But these are not famous. The famous ones are large, sometimes extremely complex and flawless.

1) What is it about that microwave effect on the crops? People say you can recognize a true crop circle by looking at the wheat stems. They should not be bent, nor broken, but... molten. Perhaps swollen, perforated, as the water vapor sought escape. Like a microwave beam heated it up and it bent, but the wheat should keep growing, reputedly. That's the first thing I'd look for if I ever visited the place.

2) What about the microscopic metal particles? People said scientists analyzed the soil from crop circles and they found tiny magnetic globules in it, or something like that. Is that true?

3) How comes that most crop circles are flawless, even though the design is unique? Where do the guys train? How can they do the job at night, for the first time, perfectly? Have you ever tried to make a big project in Minecraft without zooming?
Who has the means, skill, money, time and motivation to continue doing it since the prank was exposed?

4) Who makes up the design, anyway? Who is the artist? Who is the mathematician? The crop circles are not a random futuristic-looking art, mostly they are studies of geometric principles extrapolated into an art form. This is not what pranksters do, this is something like I used to do with my visualizing software. Only this is not generated, but if yes, it looks like manually re-done in vector graphics.

It looks like a work of someone seriously devoted to the job, a talented artist, good mathematician, financially well-secured and probably also skilled with computers. If Maurice Cornel Escher invented a time travel machine, this is what he'd do, to shake us out of our smug complacency. Two british guys in a pub? Don't be ridiculous.

[Image: crop-circles.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Luminon's post
05-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I just googled crop circles, and looked at the images, some of them really are just beautiful and some are quite intricate.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
05-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Ha - colder climate alien shenanigans. Snow circles.
[Image: 20533328_BG2.jpeg]
Here's the article it came from.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
05-06-2013, 04:29 PM
[Image: Man-Creates-Giant-Snow-Crop-Circles-by-W...50x649.jpg]
This is done by one guy... just out for a walk.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post