Crop circle belivers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2013, 04:32 PM
RE: Crop circle belivers
I like the simple ones.
[Image: -2012-Cathedral-by-Kallista.jpg]
I find the less rigid ones more pleasing.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 04:52 PM
(05-06-2013 04:13 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I just googled crop circles, and looked at the images, some of them really are just beautiful and some are quite intricate.

Yes they are beautiful. It's almost like a kind of folk art. Anyway, here are the two guys who started the hoaxes back in the 70's. Even when they came out and admitted they created the circles people didn't believe them. People like my friend who thinks they are made by UFO's. Over the years they have become more intricate and apparently use GPS to make the designs. I think it would be fun to do. Bring some wine and make a party out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzvuqs9Bf7Q

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-06-2013, 05:03 PM
So, are we sure they aren't cryptic messages from the demon aliens?

Actually some of them are pretty cool.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Some are pretty neat looking, though!
Timelapse circle making Smile

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
(05-06-2013 05:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Some are pretty neat looking, though!
Timelapse circle making Smile

This is the video I'm sending to the guy who thinks aliens make crop circles. Although knowing how people want to believe crap like that he'll see aliens stomping the wheat down anyway. Can't change what's in somebody's head.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-06-2013, 10:02 PM
I am new here, this is my first post.

I don't know about you but I've been around long enough to know that humans are vain, egocentric and lust attention for achievement. I have no problem acknowledging that there are likely lots of people who partake in creating circles as a hobby for any number of reasons but they always let it be known because that's what humans do. They build or create to show off and take credit.

I don't know who made the thousands of intricate circles that have appeared. I DO know that if there were humans behind them all over the globe and they WERE able to make these circles, the most amazing of the examples ..well, they'd probably take credit for it, don't you think? There's 2.5 billion internet users in the world and I'm pretty sure someone who took the time and had the skill to pull this off would let us know over and over and over, all day every day.

Humans are vain. No one is claiming the creative artistic skill required to make these circles so in my limited opinion it's highly unlikely they are human made based only on understanding human nature.

Besides, there has yet to be a reality tv show done about it Wink and, let's face it, until that happens it must mean they can't really be made by us. Someone somewhere would be making money on this if it were possible but it's not, not at the level of the most intricate famous circles.
22-06-2013, 06:58 AM
(21-06-2013 10:02 PM)Swiatlo Wrote:  Humans are vain. No one is claiming the creative artistic skill required to make these circles so in my limited opinion it's highly unlikely they are human made based only on understanding human nature.

Not an artist, I take it. Tongue

It's an "art for art's sake" endeavor. I do shit like that. Most of my shit is unsigned. I don't give a fuck if I don't get credit for my art, or if I post it online and someone else takes credit for it, yada-yada...

Besides, people like explanations, and the probabilities are humans: 1 Aliens: 0. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Anyone who thinks they aren't man-made - despite the fact that there are many cases of acknowledged creators, some of which are entirely documented, using proven and simple methods - must then suggest an alternate explanation.

But, as we all know, anything that isn't immediately, obviously human-made or natural...
[Image: 9cef162d_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-...8f63b.jpeg]
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
22-06-2013, 09:38 AM
In regard to the question "Why dont people own up to their work" I would say this.... they are basically causing a lot of damage to somebody's crops. If people were to admit to this then I suppose they could get prosecuted for it.

I like the points that Luminon has raised. There have been acknowledged examples of crop circles where the wheat has been bent and intricately woven. I can acknowledge the circles where people use wooden boards to stamp down and break the wheat, but how can anybody explain the circles that haven't been stamped down but instead have been woven and bent, where the crop can still continue to grow?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-06-2013, 09:50 AM
(22-06-2013 09:38 AM)bemore Wrote:  In regard to the question "Why dont people own up to their work" I would say this.... they are basically causing a lot of damage to somebody's crops. If people were to admit to this then I suppose they could get prosecuted for it.

I like the points that Luminon has raised. There have been acknowledged examples of crop circles where the wheat has been bent and intricately woven. I can acknowledge the circles where people use wooden boards to stamp down and break the wheat, but how can anybody explain the circles that haven't been stamped down but instead have been woven and bent, where the crop can still continue to grow?

It is dependent on the plant and its ripeness. Most crops will bend, not break.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post