Cross Ireland Mission Trips

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Cross Ireland Mission Trips
An old childhood friend of mine just got on a plane this morning to be apart of the Cross Ireland Mission Trips http://www.crossirelandministries.com/#/welcome/welcome

I went to the website above and I almost became sick. First off, I saw this on their facebook page "We are going to bring Christ to the Pubs, Coffee Houses, and anywhere the Church has been afraid to go before" and that made me cringe. Then on the website where it talks about their "strategy" I came across this little gem: "Ireland has a long history of church and Christians and neither have a good reputation. The people of Ireland are sick of “church” and they need a place where they can be real and where they can connect with God. We are going out to serve the people of Limerick whether they are interested in God or not. "

That last sentence just hit me like a ton of bricks. How absolutely RUDE is that. I absolutely cannot stand mission groups that go on missions simply to change people's ways of thinking. Go build houses for people, feed the hungry, build schools, wells ANYTHING! Make gardens for people, provide medical care. These mission groups are nothing but teens/young adults wanting to travel to some place cool, have tons of fun, and try to change the minds of people who are perfectly happy the way they are. I can just see this group going into a pub, preaching the word of Jesus and then getting laughed at and threatened. Who the hell do these people think they are doing stuff like this?

Not only that, but this website keeps emphasizing "evangelical Christianity". So being a christian in Ireland isn't enough, you need to be EXTREME about it for it to count. Their reason for targeting Ireland in their words is because "Ireland has the lowest percentage of evangelical Christians of all the English-speaking countries in the world! Less than 30,000 (that’s less than 0.6%) are evangelical Christians. For every believer, there are 133 unbelievers! That's a ratio of 133:1". Maybe that's because they are smarter than the other countries! Goddamn, just leave them be. It just makes me so sick to my stomach. Even most Christians I know do not agree with this type on mission work so what does that tell you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Punk Pumpkin's post
10-03-2014, 12:24 PM
RE: Cross Ireland Mission Trips
It'll convince the good people of Ireland that this Christianity lark makes you crazy, so methinks they're doing more good than harm Tongue In a cringe-worthy embarrassing way too Big Grin Give 'em some good old fashioned regrets to look back on later in life.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-03-2014, 12:28 PM
They might be in for a rude awakening if they go into pubs..... I dont think the Irish take kindly to someone interrupting their drinking time. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
10-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Yes, because all of those green-wearing catholics and orange-wearing protestants are in need of schooling on xtianity...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-03-2014, 01:11 PM
My personal view. They will get laughed out of the country.
10-03-2014, 02:15 PM
(10-03-2014 12:28 PM)War Horse Wrote:  They might be in for a rude awakening if they go into pubs..... I dont think the Irish take kindly to someone interrupting their drinking time. Consider

I'm not sure how many missions this organization has done...you would think they would know this by now if they have done it before.
10-03-2014, 02:17 PM
(10-03-2014 12:37 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, because all of those green-wearing catholics and orange-wearing protestants are in need of schooling on xtianity...

Yes, but they are not "evangelical Christians" so they are wrong and need saving no matter what they believe. Also, I think the website said something about how even the religious don't attend church really. So again, they need saving because they don't go to mass. Bunch of bullshit.
10-03-2014, 02:46 PM
I have a lot of friends all over Ireland (most of them are in Kerry, Galway, and Dublin), and I've noticed that atheism has grown a lot there, especially in the younger generations, but I even have several friends in their 50s and 60s who are atheist. I agree with morondog that they will most likely do much more harm to themselves and end up pushing more people towards atheism. When most people come across others trying to push their beliefs down the throats of others, it usually makes them say "I don't want to have anything to do with people like that!" So, by all means, let them show that negative image to people. It will hurt them far more than they think it possibly could.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
10-03-2014, 03:09 PM
(10-03-2014 02:17 PM)Punk Pumpkin Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:37 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, because all of those green-wearing catholics and orange-wearing protestants are in need of schooling on xtianity...

Yes, but they are not "evangelical Christians" so they are wrong and need saving no matter what they believe. Also, I think the website said something about how even the religious don't attend church really. So again, they need saving because they don't go to mass. Bunch of bullshit.

Actually, I think I saw something like that recently, some xtard organization talking about evangelizing in Ireland, because it was soooooooo secular. Might even have been that one. I think it was talking about some family going over there. Wonder now if the article was about your friend....hmmm...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-03-2014, 05:48 PM
(10-03-2014 12:28 PM)War Horse Wrote:  They might be in for a rude awakening if they go into pubs..... I dont think the Irish take kindly to someone interrupting their drinking time. Consider

They're welcome in my local here in Dublin any time, we love a good laugh!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post