Crucifixion in Trafalgar Square

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Crucifixion in Trafalgar Square
London's Trafalgar Square will host an outdoor performance of the Passion of Christ, it has been announced.
Thousands are expected to watch as more than 100 actors from Bramley, Surrey, play out Christ's trial and execution on Good Friday. The group, The Wintershall Players, have been performing the piece in the UK's capital since 2010. I'm thinking of going this year simply because for the ridiculousness of the whole thing, especially considering how awkward about these sorts of things the British are nowadays.

[Image: 1782846_5f94217c.jpg]
[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
I've written a little blog post about it here . I thought that some members might be interested to give it a gander.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Crucifixion in Trafalgar Square
Some people organize the same bullshit here in the Netherlands, including not so famous people crying & a neon-cross. What a bunch of idiots.

[Image: IMG_6755.jpg]
13-03-2013, 07:18 AM
"The group, The Wintershall Players, have been performing the piece in the UK's capital since 2010."

Why is it taking so long?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
13-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I thought the Brits were going Muslim these days?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 3 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
18-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Apart from this set up crucifixion, the bunch of people mentally jerking off while looking at it is much more worrying...

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-03-2013, 09:30 AM

these guys don't seem very intelligently designed.
Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Yes I think this is ridiculous, but I have to say- I love art and theatre! Ha ha. This is totally mental masterbation. The enjoyment of getting all emotional. It's a sensory tactic, like foreplay for believing. Just intensifying something these people want.