Cruz - Fiorina ticket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2016, 06:30 AM
RE: Cruz - Fiorina ticket
Indicted for what? The email thing? Has there been some new development on this? The last I heard she made an admittedly bizarre decision to use a private server, but hasn't been found to have sent anything that was classified at the time. Sure, some stuff was retroactively classified, but how can she be responsible for that?

Is there something else I'm missing?

Also, scenario 5: one or both of the candidates gets seriously burned by the upcoming US release of the Panama Papers. I'm assuming Trump is more likely to be called out on this, but it's not a certainty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2016, 06:37 AM
(05-05-2016 06:30 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Indicted for what? The email thing? Has there been some new development on this? The last I heard she made an admittedly bizarre decision to use a private server, but hasn't been found to have sent anything that was classified at the time. Sure, some stuff was retroactively classified, but how can she be responsible for that?

Is there something else I'm missing?

Also, scenario 5: one or both of the candidates gets seriously burned by the upcoming US release of the Panama Papers. I'm assuming Trump is more likely to be called out on this, but it's not a certainty.

The email thing is a huge deal. You think the FBI gets involved for nothing? You think the FBI has dozens of agents working on this for fun? Do you honestly think they offered immunity to a major witness because there was nothing illegal going on? If you're the Secretary of State, you have to know that the communications you receive might at some point be classified material. From what I understand, there might be an issue that some emails originally carried a "classified" marking, but her aids were instructed by her to delete these markings and send them to her private email account. If that is true, she's toast.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
05-05-2016, 12:30 PM
It could be the case, but the FBI hasn't posted any findings for... quite some time.

But yeah, I still don't know what the hell she was thinking with that setup. Her best case scenario is she isn't found guilty or even indicted, but she still looks suspicious. Sure, looking suspicious isn't criminal, but it looks bad when running for public office.

Although, on the flip side, as much as people hate her, she is the most over-vetted candidate we've ever had. People have poured through her personal correspondences in a way that has never happed to a candidate before they've even been nominated.
05-05-2016, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 12:41 PM by Mr. Boston.)
(05-05-2016 06:30 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Also, scenario 5: one or both of the candidates gets seriously burned by the upcoming US release of the Panama Papers. I'm assuming Trump is more likely to be called out on this, but it's not a certainty.

Trump's supporters wouldn't give a shit, that's just him exercising his "freedom" to avoid taxation. They'd be proud of him for it.
05-05-2016, 12:40 PM
(05-05-2016 12:30 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Although, on the flip side, as much as people hate her, she is the most over-vetted candidate we've ever had. People have poured through her personal correspondences in a way that has never happed to a candidate before they've even been nominated.

Yup, why bother waiting for formalities like the nomination and election, start the impeachment hearings now just in case.
05-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Don't worry, we soon will get to questioning was she really born in chicago?

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
05-05-2016, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 01:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-05-2016 06:37 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If you're the Secretary of State, you have to know that the communications you receive might at some point be classified material.

That is impossible. Everything cannot possibly be classified as TS SCI unless you're Kim Jung Un. Typically what happens is 2 or more unclassified pieces of information taken together reveal something more sensitive. (Despite what the Federalist goober says) What to do at that point? Well that's classified. Electronic classified information cannot legally exist on unsecured networks. Either 1 of 2 things had to happen. The information was originally marked incorrectly or someone physically sneaker netted the info from one machine on the SIPRNET to another on the NIPRNET. The spillage occurred at that point not later. Could've been a mistake, might've been intentional which is why the FBI is .investigating so thououghly.

In either case this will hurt Clinton about as much as Benghazi. Nobody trusts her now but plenty are gonna hold their nose and vote for her anyway. Including a good chunk of the GOP establishment. What's few more scandals?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-05-2016, 01:02 PM
(05-05-2016 01:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 06:37 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  If you're the Secretary of State, you have to know that the communications you receive might at some point be classified material.

That is impossible. Everything cannot possibly be classified as TS SCI unless you're Kim Jung Un. Typically what happens is 2 or more unclassified pieces of information taken together reveal something more sensitive. (Despite what the Federalist goober says) What to do at that point? Well that's classified. Electronic classified information cannot legally exist on unsecured networks. Either 1 of 2 things had happen. The information was originally marked incorrectly or someone physically sneaker netted the info from one machine on the SIPRNET to another on the NIPRNET. The spillage had already occurred at that point not later. Could've been a mistake, might've been intentional which is why the FBI is .investigating so thououghly.

In either case this will hurt Clinton about as much as Benghazi. Nobody trusts her now but plenty are gonna hold the near node and vote for her anyway. Including a good chunk of the GOP establishment. What's few more scandals?

I don’t know what any of that means but I’m glad you do! Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-05-2016, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 02:33 PM by Lord Dark Helmet.)
(05-05-2016 01:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That is impossible. Everything cannot possibly be classified as TS SCI unless you're Kim Jung Un. Typically what happens is 2 or more unclassified pieces of information taken together reveal something more sensitive. (Despite what the Federalist goober says) What to do at that point? Well that's classified. Electronic classified information cannot legally exist on unsecured networks. Either 1 of 2 things had to happen. The information was originally marked incorrectly or someone physically sneaker netted the info from one machine on the SIPRNET to another on the NIPRNET. The spillage occurred at that point not later. Could've been a mistake, might've been intentional which is why the FBI is .investigating so thououghly.

In either case this will hurt Clinton about as much as Benghazi. Nobody trusts her now but plenty are gonna hold their nose and vote for her anyway. Including a good chunk of the GOP establishment. What's few more scandals?

I worked CID as a military police officer and worked closely with NCIS and the FBI, and I can tell you that feds just don't take on a case unless there's proof up front. They know the verdict before they even get the proof. Someone else referred the case to them after enough evidence for them to get involved was presented. Federal courts have a conviction rate over 90% because the feds don't even open cases that waste their time.

In all honesty, I believe 100% that Obama and the Justice department know that Clinton has to be prosecuted. Even Clinton may know this. But I think they wait until after she wins the election, so she can resign after she's sworn in and the dems can keep the white house. Then her VP can pardon her. Just like Watergate. They kept Nixon's involvement secret until after he was sworn in for his second term.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
05-05-2016, 02:38 PM
(05-05-2016 02:22 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 01:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That is impossible. Everything cannot possibly be classified as TS SCI unless you're Kim Jung Un. Typically what happens is 2 or more unclassified pieces of information taken together reveal something more sensitive. (Despite what the Federalist goober says) What to do at that point? Well that's classified. Electronic classified information cannot legally exist on unsecured networks. Either 1 of 2 things had to happen. The information was originally marked incorrectly or someone physically sneaker netted the info from one machine on the SIPRNET to another on the NIPRNET. The spillage occurred at that point not later. Could've been a mistake, might've been intentional which is why the FBI is .investigating so thououghly.

I worked CID as a military police officer and worked closely with NCIS and the FBI, and I can tell you that feds just don't take on a case unless there's proof up front.

If by proof you mean there may be evidence that spillage has occurred, sure. That's exactly why they are involved. If by proof you mean they have identified the source and circumstance of the spillage then no. Otherwise their case would be closed and they wouldn't be working so hard on it. But there ain't no way Clinton walked into a SCIF with a memory stick and sneaker netted the material from SIPR to NIPR. I doubt she would even know how. She is not the source of the spillage.

#sigh