Cryotherapy?? Wut?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Cryotherapy?? Wut?
So this young woman was found frozen to death in a "Cryosuana". Quick frozen, I guess. What is this supposed to do for a person....well besides freeze the person to death if they aren't careful?

They also do "cryofacials" because it " because it helps seal everything in...." Stupidity sells, apparently.

Poor girl, she was so young and pretty but according to experts she didn't suffer which makes me think that it would be a good way to end your life if you were so inclined.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/woma...62a13b8b59

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-10-2015, 10:04 AM
RE: Cryotherapy?? Wut?
Beats being found burnt to a crisp in a tanning machine.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
28-10-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm so dumb. I didn't know these places even existed. They're supposed to be therapeutic. How? Why not just take a cold bath or splash some ice water on your face.

As far as I could discover with a quick google search, there's nothing about cryotherapy that's therapeutical but people believe it's good for their health. The "spas" print brochures claiming all kinds of great things will take place in a cryotherapy tank. Wow.

28-10-2015, 10:36 AM
(28-10-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm so dumb. I didn't know these places even existed. They're supposed to be therapeutic. How? Why not just take a cold bath or splash some ice water on your face.

As far as I could discover with a quick google search, there's nothing about cryotherapy that's therapeutical but people believe it's good for their health. The "spas" print brochures claiming all kinds of great things will take place in a cryotherapy tank. Wow.

I'd never heard of it either until this happened.

Science Based Medicine Article on Whole Body Cryotherapy

tl;dr summary: Plausible, but unproven + quack Miranda warning + stereotypical, over-hyped, b.s. alternative medicine claims = not worth the risk.

"any medical use of cold or any basic science showing that cold temperatures have some physiological effect on the body are wildly extrapolated into claims that cooling the entire body with extreme temperatures has some overall health benefit."

:'(

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
28-10-2015, 11:37 AM
(28-10-2015 10:36 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 10:16 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm so dumb. I didn't know these places even existed. They're supposed to be therapeutic. How? Why not just take a cold bath or splash some ice water on your face.

I'd never heard of it either until this happened.

Science Based Medicine Article on Whole Body Cryotherapy

tl;dr summary: Plausible, but unproven + quack Miranda warning + stereotypical, over-hyped, b.s. alternative medicine claims = not worth the risk.

"any medical use of cold or any basic science showing that cold temperatures have some physiological effect on the body are wildly extrapolated into claims that cooling the entire body with extreme temperatures has some overall health benefit."

:'(

Good find. I read the whole article and comment section. Haha. This one commentor said .....

"when I read the line about, "spending 1.5-3 minutes in a chamber of dry air cooled to -200 to -240 degrees F," my testicles snapped up into my abdomen and likely won't descend until April of May."

Yes, for a guy the penis has to be sort of shocked, like "what the hell's going on here?" Wonder what happens to the sperm.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Cryotherapy?? Wut?
I remember having wet hair and going out in a Nova Scotia winter. Cryotherapy... Think I'll pass.
28-10-2015, 02:09 PM
A fool and his money are soon parted......

A fool who answers goofy internet advertising for pecker pills, get rich quick schemes, getting bigger muscles without exercise, or anything that claims to remove age spots or wrinkles - will be parted with their money so fast that there's a real danger of the air friction causing things to burst into flames......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post