Cunnilingus Causes Throat Cancer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: Cunnilingus Causes Throat Cancer
I think the assumption is that anyone over 26 already has HPV. I think I read about some boys getting it around the age of 12 too, but that it's not covered by insurance because it's not considered cost-effective, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 04:15 PM
(09-06-2013 04:01 PM)amyb Wrote:  ^ LOL. I meant HPV, not oral sex.

So did I. ;-)

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
09-06-2013, 04:46 PM
(09-06-2013 04:10 PM)amyb Wrote:  I think the assumption is that anyone over 26 already has HPV. I think I read about some boys getting it around the age of 12 too, but that it's not covered by insurance because it's not considered cost-effective, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

CDC Wrote:Why aren’t HPV vaccines recommended for people older than 26?

Both vaccines were studied in thousands of people from 9 through 26 years old and found to be safe and effective for these ages. The vaccine is not licensed in the United States for persons over age 26 years, as GARDASIL has not been demonstrated to prevent HPV-related outcomes in a general population of women and men older than 26 years of age.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-06-2013, 01:48 AM
Look, I can't speak for all of the claims being made here, but I can say the HPV shot can cause severe problems. My sister got it when she was about 20, which caused a severe allergy to red meat. If she eats beef, she can die from it. That shit ain't fucking cool. More research is necessary, and patient are NOT being informed of the side-effects.

Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 03:25 AM
(10-06-2013 01:48 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Look, I can't speak for all of the claims being made here, but I can say the HPV shot can cause severe problems. My sister got it when she was about 20, which caused a severe allergy to red meat. If she eats beef, she can die from it. That shit ain't fucking cool. More research is necessary, and patient are NOT being informed of the side-effects.

Actually you have no proof that the vaccine was the cause of the allergy. What proteins does the vaccine have in common with red meat that would cause a cross-allergy ? How many reported cases of cross allergy to meat have been reported ? Correlation is not causation. It's far more likely, the red meat allergy was going to happen anyway.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Fortunately, you can get an HPV vaccine, even boys can, so that takes care of that problem.

Kinda ironic that Douglas, who recently played Liberace in a movie, is suffering from an STD.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-06-2013, 02:09 PM
(10-06-2013 03:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 01:48 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Look, I can't speak for all of the claims being made here, but I can say the HPV shot can cause severe problems. My sister got it when she was about 20, which caused a severe allergy to red meat. If she eats beef, she can die from it. That shit ain't fucking cool. More research is necessary, and patient are NOT being informed of the side-effects.

Actually you have no proof that the vaccine was the cause of the allergy. What proteins does the vaccine have in common with red meat that would cause a cross-allergy ? How many reported cases of cross allergy to meat have been reported ? Correlation is not causation. It's far more likely, the red meat allergy was going to happen anyway.

You're making assumptions. It isn't an isolated incident, many young women have suffered the same allergy which started right after they got the injection, way too many to be coincidence. The doctor who injected her even admitted it afterward, though it wasn't on the pamphlet that they are required to give out before hand. I believe there is even a class-action lawsuit about this specifically.

You're right, correlation doesn't prove causation, but there is such a thing a reasonable doubt, and unreasonable doubt, at least from a legal standpoint (oppose to a philosophical one). If when didn't use correlation at all in determining things like this our jails would be pretty empty.

10-06-2013, 05:29 PM
(10-06-2013 02:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 03:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Actually you have no proof that the vaccine was the cause of the allergy. What proteins does the vaccine have in common with red meat that would cause a cross-allergy ? How many reported cases of cross allergy to meat have been reported ? Correlation is not causation. It's far more likely, the red meat allergy was going to happen anyway.

You're making assumptions. It isn't an isolated incident, many young women have suffered the same allergy which started right after they got the injection, way too many to be coincidence. The doctor who injected her even admitted it afterward, though it wasn't on the pamphlet that they are required to give out before hand. I believe there is even a class-action lawsuit about this specifically.

You're right, correlation doesn't prove causation, but there is such a thing a reasonable doubt, and unreasonable doubt, at least from a legal standpoint (oppose to a philosophical one). If when didn't use correlation at all in determining things like this our jails would be pretty empty.

I'm the jail-half-full type. I tried to find more information about this claim on PubMed, but I couldn't find anything. Could you direct us to an article?

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
10-06-2013, 07:51 PM
(10-06-2013 05:29 PM)cbb2274 Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 02:09 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  You're making assumptions. It isn't an isolated incident, many young women have suffered the same allergy which started right after they got the injection, way too many to be coincidence. The doctor who injected her even admitted it afterward, though it wasn't on the pamphlet that they are required to give out before hand. I believe there is even a class-action lawsuit about this specifically.

I'm the jail-half-full type. I tried to find more information about this claim on PubMed, but I couldn't find anything. Could you direct us to an article?

I'm not aware of an article on this subject, nor did I ever claim such.

10-06-2013, 07:57 PM
(10-06-2013 07:51 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 05:29 PM)cbb2274 Wrote:  I'm the jail-half-full type. I tried to find more information about this claim on PubMed, but I couldn't find anything. Could you direct us to an article?

I'm not aware of an article on this subject, nor did I ever claim such.

I'm sorry for giving you the impression that I was cross-examining you. I was just curious.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot