'Cure cancer' course

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 03:51 AM
'Cure cancer' course
Full article: The Queensland times

A SCHOOL of the Supernatural has opened in Springfield, claiming to teach Ipswich residents how to cure cancer through prayer. Westlife Church, which counts Hillsong Church amongst its evangelical family, is running the six-month course for the first time this year.

Seventy people have enrolled in the School of the Supernatural. Participants who complete the course are told they will be able to perform miracles through prayer, such as helping couples who can't conceive fall pregnant, healing broken bones and even curing cancer.

The church even claims to heal physical ailments over the internet through the use of Skype.

“God fills the minds of our students with pictures and that helps them heal others physically. We are not out to convert anyone or preach. Our students are taught to transform the atmosphere around them but to do so in an accepting way. Some Churches in the past have had agendas and have not been real with their congregation. This is real.”

This should really lower medical expenses. Especially if theists stop their chemotherapy for this bullshit Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 10:30 AM
RE: 'Cure cancer' course
Don't let my mother see this. She's a theist just getting over cancer and has taken up every possible method to keep it from coming back (including the "healing powers of herbal tea" and visiting a chiropractor to "align her energy") When I kinda laughed at the chiropractor part, she goes "whether it works or not, I'll try anything and everything just in case."

So this seems like something she'd be all over. I can picture it now. She'd have weekly visits from these "healers," paying them money she doesn't have for the off-chance that "maybe they really DO know what they're doing."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
23-05-2011, 10:46 AM

Well when the poor suffering and desperate cancer patient dies, falling for this hocus bullshit, they're cured!Rolleyes

I guess the con people who started that "school" figure if they clad their fraud in a religion they'll be safe from authorities and the law.
And that 70 gullible people have already made them a profit, is probably just the start now that the article gains more attention for the scam.

How tragic that so many people are going to suffer, because they're desperate enough to buy into anything that gives them false hope. Sad
Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 11:38 AM
I have no tolerance for this "snake oil" crap. They exploit the most vulnerable and promise them healing and then just shrug when they die. I would seriously put these people in prison for manslaughter. The same goes for the AIDS denailists , they claim HIV is harmless and can be cured by diet and when people die they just blame them for not drinking the fruit juice.

Damn this gets my blood boiling. If I was a judge not all the prayer in the world would save these people from prison ...

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
24-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Aaaaargh, and people wonder why atheists feel the need to speak out...

We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.
Dana Gould