Poll: Do you believe there can be a cure to death?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Cure for death?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2011, 09:10 AM

RE: Cure for death?
(20-01-2011 04:18 PM)Speiraz Wrote:  this was just a copy and paste off a website.. i heard about it on a TV show called QI.. so I don't know about any novel Confused

What website? As I am getting older, and pretty much killed or so I thought killed my liver in my 20s.. Would like to see if I can find information on this!
Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2011, 09:56 AM
AnthraxFan93 - check out cyronics.
Quote:KrioRus offers neurosuspension (cryopreservation of the brain) ($10000), full-body cryonics suspension ($30000), body's transportation in dry ice and other related services to clients from Russia, CIS and EU.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2011, 10:35 AM

(21-01-2011 09:56 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  AnthraxFan93 - check out cyronics.
Quote:KrioRus offers neurosuspension (cryopreservation of the brain) ($10000), full-body cryonics suspension ($30000), body's transportation in dry ice and other related services to clients from Russia, CIS and EU.

Thanks, but I don't have the cash for that.. esp if I get a new regenerated liver every 2 years or so Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2011, 11:48 AM
30 K $ , that's the price of a car( a good one , granted)
Besides , you can stay in there till we abandon currency like in Star Trek , and come out and kill as many livers as you want.

The score is still 1-0 for mine , the lucky bastard - I'll teach him.*glug*
21-01-2011, 09:58 PM
(20-01-2011 07:47 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  Once I learn everything I will create things.

When you know everything you cannot create anything. It will be just a process of mindless assembly.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
22-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Knowing is one thing , experiencing things through human eyes .... that's an endless mystery.
22-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Experiencing is adding to knowing, so it IS learning. When you know everything you will never see anything new that makes you wonder or catches your imagination. These experiences are only possible with discovery, which is only possible with learning.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
23-01-2011, 03:21 AM
I have to disagree on the dual standard we humans have of emotion versus reason.
You can know things true reason , but experiencing them is emotional.
I can learn about evolution but seeing E-coli bacteria evolve over 50000 generations and 20 years is an emotion , one of joy and wonder and splendor of the world.
I'm not sure that's the best example , but you know what I mean.
And I wonder why people think we can know everything at some point ?
23-01-2011, 08:39 PM
(23-01-2011 03:21 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  You can know things true reason , but experiencing them is emotional.
I can learn about evolution but seeing E-coli bacteria evolve over 50000 generations and 20 years is an emotion , one of joy and wonder and splendor of the world.

Exprience is another form of learning. You cannot know everything until you have experienced everything. Intrinsic knowledge is the knowledge that come from experience and it is a deeper and more profound than abstract knowledge, which you get from classrooms and books.

I think that what we are hung up on is just the descriptions of how we see and describe knowledge.

24-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Possibly this is just a conflict of nomenclature.