Cure for pain in the neck

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2018, 02:46 PM
RE: Cure for pain in the neck
(06-02-2018 02:38 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-02-2018 02:14 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Probably all of that.
I spend all day in front of a computer screen.
I'm not really sure what posture would help.
I do slump.

I have slept on the floor in the past with some success. Mostly for low back pain.
This level of neck pain is new.
I usually only get tightness that I've always attributed to stress.
Now it's gone to Frankenstein levels.

I have glasses with transition lenses for normal wear (can be a bitch to get used to but heavenly once your eyes learn) and a pair of normal glasses just for the computer, based on measurement of distance between eye and computer. Made loads of difference for me.

It is also better to look slightly down at your screen, rather than up. If you slouch, you maybe sitting there with a scrunched neck, looking up. Bad news.

For me, the final solution was an (expensive) massage chair that also stretches you. I love that thing and it is worth every penny. I use it every day. My back and neck are a good 20 years younger than the rest of me, or so it feels. And they are getting younger by the day. I can't say enough good things about those chairs.

I actually have a pair of reading glasses that are "supposed' to be optimized for the distance to computer.
They had reading, computer and transitional. I have a transitional bifocals and a classic old man bifocals (which I actually like a bit better) as well.
I'm actually thinking a higher chair might possibly help.
It's worth a try.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2018, 02:47 PM
To fix your computer desk posture, use a yoga ball, or see about getting a standing desk.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.
06-02-2018, 02:54 PM
(06-02-2018 12:56 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Not the metaphorical pain in the neck.
The actual one.
I admit that it's probably about 90% stress related.
The wife has some through a long series of health issues. In and out of the hospital.
Which caused me to miss some work. Which costs me money since I work as a private contractor. And then work gets piled up which produces stress. Around and around we go. And my schedule.
I get up every morning at 4:30AM and commute to work.
And I'm an old former athlete with a laundry list of aches and pains.
It has all manifest in a stiff neck. That I can't shake.
I use a heated neck massager and that helps for a while but then it comes back.
https://www.amazon.com/Zyllion-ZMA13BK-S...k+massager

I literally can crane my neck to the side and hear the snap crackle pops.
And it's leading to headaches now.

I used to suffer severe neck and shoulder pain. There was a chiropractor with a good reputation who was able to fix me right up. When he cracked my neck and my back, thing would really pop loudly. Something was very out of alignment, and he was able to straighten in out.

I haven't suffered such pain for quite awhile for a few reasons. For one, my work is no where near as physical as it used to be. Also, my doctor prescribed a slow releasing valium to me because I suffer from chronic insomnia and whole body muscle cramps. The Clonazepam works wonders for me. I sleep with relaxed muscles and don't get the horrible cramps and stiff neck anymore.

I sometimes have passionate arguments with myself that almost come to blows.
06-02-2018, 03:10 PM
(06-02-2018 02:54 PM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  There was a chiropractor with a good reputation who was able to fix me right up.

There is no such thing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user