Curiosity is landing soon!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: Curiosity is landing soon!
(10-08-2012 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Poe's Law as it applies to your understanding of my post?

The website. It's so convincing that it is hard to figure out if they are joking or not, hence Poe's Law. Luckily they have a disclaimer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
(10-08-2012 12:45 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 12:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Poe's Law as it applies to your understanding of my post?

The website. It's so convincing that it is hard to figure out if they are joking or not, hence Poe's Law. Luckily they have a disclaimer.

Ah, yes, it was quite well done.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Gale Crater. Maybe put in a little garden and a couple of shade trees. A pool. Stereo system. Bar. I could hang there. Shy
[Image: 675227main_pia16029-full_full.jpg]

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
NASA have released A 360 panorama. Enjoy.

[Image: l9m7v.gif]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
10-08-2012, 09:02 PM
(10-08-2012 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 12:45 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The website. It's so convincing that it is hard to figure out if they are joking or not, hence Poe's Law. Luckily they have a disclaimer.

Ah, yes, it was quite well done.Thumbsup

It may be a Poe site, but if you read the comments, there are a lot of people who are thinking that way. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
(10-08-2012 01:23 PM)kim Wrote:  Gale Crater. Maybe put in a little garden and a couple of shade trees. A pool. Stereo system. Bar. I could hang there. Shy
[Image: 675227main_pia16029-full_full.jpg]

It's a shame about the -4c temperatures (during the day) and -84c at night. I hope your pool has good heating. Also with that air pressure your swimming pool will boil off pretty quickly.

You'll have to build yourself a nice big dome with a big nuclear reactor to keep you warm.

Might be easier to dig into the bedrock and make a home there.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
10-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Undecided

Yea well, that's why we gotta get some trees planted - flora abundant.
Then, when the sun starts becoming a red dwarf and swells up. I'ma have me a sweet little pool party on my own little red planet... for as long as it lasts. Sleepy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-08-2012, 10:42 PM
(10-08-2012 10:40 PM)kim Wrote:  Undecided

Yea well, that's why we gotta get some trees planted - flora abundant.
Then, when the sun starts becoming a red dwarf and swells up. I'ma have me a sweet little pool party on my own little red planet... for as long as it lasts. Sleepy

Why go to all that effort? Just have Arnold activate the Martian power plant in the secret cavern and there will be an earth-like atmosphere in mere seconds.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-08-2012, 10:46 PM
(10-08-2012 10:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why go to all that effort? Just have Arnold activate the Martian power plant in the secret cavern and there will be an earth-like atmosphere in mere seconds.

Arnold? Ziffel? Unsure What the hell would a pig be doing on Mars?

I think you've gone loony. Blink

11-08-2012, 12:22 AM
(10-08-2012 10:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 10:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why go to all that effort? Just have Arnold activate the Martian power plant in the secret cavern and there will be an earth-like atmosphere in mere seconds.

Arnold? Ziffel? Unsure What the hell would a pig be doing on Mars?

I think you've gone loony. Blink

I think you've just dated yourself, Kimmie Jo.

~Izel