Curiosity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: Curiosity
I'm curious about how they get that thing to fit in the whatsit that goes under the y'know when that oojamaflip rotates around the whatchamacallit.

Specifically,I'm curious about how it got its name?

I mean, what were they thinking?

Undecided

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
11-06-2015, 12:30 PM
AI and its implications both societally and philosophically.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-06-2015, 12:34 PM
(11-06-2015 11:08 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 10:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  Is there anything you have been innately curious about?

For me it would be people. I'm always curious as to what's going in another persons head, their lives, and beliefs. All that goes into shaping who they are. Those things we have in common, and those things that make us a bit alien to each other.

To me everyone is interesting, especially when there are only a few questions off the table.

^^ this. I love to get in other people's heads and figure out what makes them tick. As well as how the body works and various disease processes.

I've always been interested in other cultures. Once my son graduates from high school, I have no desire to remain in the US full time. Obviously I don't want to go spreading the word of Christ to the masses, but I would like to provide medical care in third world countries.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
11-06-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm like dancefortwo. I have this thing for names, especially surnames and how/where they came from. I really enjoy the history of people and love to watch Who Do You Think You Are. Any show similar to that I watch. I also love American Pickers for that history too. Old objects and how they were used, all that stuff. It's also interesting to watch as they interact with the people they meet and their stories. I love old houses, old barns, old cars, even if they're falling apart or abandoned. I see pictures of abandoned places and the title will say "Creepy Old House" and I think "Awesome Old House!"
[+] 1 user Likes Whimsymum's post
11-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Houses and architecture. When I was a child, our (cheap) entertainment was going around to open houses and realtors and looking at the houses in the classy neighborhoods. Love the older houses! Wish I knew more about them.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
11-06-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm curious as to why people ask what I'm curious about.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-06-2015, 02:17 PM
(11-06-2015 12:34 PM)Nurse Wrote:  ...Obviously I don't want to go spreading the word of Christ to the masses, but I would like to provide medical care in third world countries.

Go, with the power of our lord and savior jeebus crestes and let his grace be before you as you help people . Big Grin Tongue

In all seriousness, good for you. That's awesome!

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
11-06-2015, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 05:49 AM by Anjele.)
I don't know if it's being curious but I like to put things together...like to figure out how to do it. I have a fairly mechanical mind and since dad paid his way through college as a heavy equipment mechanic and my grandfather was a carpenter first and farmer second, I was exposed to a lot of things either being taken apart, put together, or both.

I loved to assemble the kids' toys, bikes, etc. I like to put together furniture. I have been known to be armpit deep in a car engine helping out where my small hands can fit where a man's usually can't. My background probably made sewing clothing and other things easier for me since I was accustomed to taking pieces and building something.

Animal innards didn't ever freak me out since my first exposure was at about age six seeing a steer cut in half...I had a bazillion questions...dad wanted to get his rounds done. Undecided

I suppose I am curious about how to make pieces parts become something functional.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-06-2015, 04:39 PM
I've been curious about many things in my life, but the one that has persisted from a very young age and still does is sex. I know, it seems like a "ha-ha" answer, but it's really the truth. How it works, who's doing it with who, why are some things considered normal and others not, what kind of role it plays in our relationships, what kind of role it plays in our self image and others, how it affects society, how it changes the way we reproduce and pair bond, what drives sex related shame, what drives sexual deviances, etc. I could go on and on. I find it endlessly fascinating, and I never get tired of learning more.
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
11-06-2015, 05:17 PM
(11-06-2015 12:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm curious about how they get that thing to fit in the whatsit that goes under the y'know when that oojamaflip rotates around the whatchamacallit.

Specifically,I'm curious about how it got its name?

I mean, what were they thinking?

Undecided

I've also been curious as to how that thingamajig got it's name.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí