Curiosity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Re: Curiosity
Insects, spiders, and the like. I had plans to be an entomologist when I was younger.

I'm also fascinated by ocean life, especially life in the deepest parts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2015, 07:51 AM
RE: Curiosity
(11-06-2015 12:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... Specifically,I'm curious about how it got its name?

Yeah it's a weird name but there's method in the mad pronunciation: it's a hybrid of the particular articulating movement of the retraction spindle and the inventor's favorite great-grand-daughter's middle name. But I thought everybody knew that already. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
12-06-2015, 08:30 AM
I really like exploring old buildings. My home city has lots of great Victorian and Georgian era architecture... Which sounds kinda geeky I realise Tongue

I also have this bizarre infatuation of reading books by genocide survivors. I find the extremes that not only are we as a species capable of, but also how we can survive (both physically and mentally) some of the worst extremes imaginable.

'Survival in the Killing fields' by 'Haing Nor' is highly recommended!

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
12-06-2015, 09:11 AM
(12-06-2015 07:51 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 12:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... Specifically, I'm curious about how it got its name?

Yeah it's a weird name but there's method in the mad pronunciation: it's a hybrid of the particular articulating movement of the retraction spindle and the inventor's favorite great-grand-daughter's middle name. But I thought everybody knew that already. Consider

Ah yes. Thanks for clarifying.

It seems obvious now.

Yes