Curiousity has struck.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 05:59 AM
RE: Curiousity has struck.
Aww Filox stop being such a killjoy.

Anyway people are complex. I fully believe one can be in love and in a relationship and still feel alone sometimes, all at the same time. Besides which, although it's easy to look at someone *else's* relationship and say "this is what's wrong"... I find that taking my own advice is hard or impossible. So... love is... a pain in the ass... like a too-big dildo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Don't beat around the bush, Filox, be honest, tell her what you really think.

14-09-2012, 07:05 AM
I mean, Filox has a point. A very harsh point... but he's coming from somewhere, you know? Confused
All human beings come with their own assorted psychological problems; traits that we just tolerate. Having twisted feelings for people is a characteristic that a lot of people have in common. And teenagers do have all of those raging hormones... Drinking Beverage
14-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Curiousity has struck.
(14-09-2012 07:05 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I mean, Filox has a point. A very harsh point... but he's coming from somewhere, you know? Confused
All human beings come with their own assorted psychological problems; traits that we just tolerate. Having twisted feelings for people is a characteristic that a lot of people have in common. And teenagers do have all of those raging hormones... Drinking Beverage

You've been drinking a lot of coffee lately. Be careful you don't stunt your growth. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-09-2012, 10:00 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 10:06 AM by Misanthropik.)
This happened to me once a few years ago. I was 19 and there was this really cute 23-year-old gal named Ashley who was friends with a coworker of mine. She would come to visit us at work at the end of the day, and eventually she and I struck up a friendship. She was absolutely adorable and had THE sweetest personality you'll ever encounter. Pretty soon, I was making a habit out of leaving work, then going straight to the 7-11 where she worked so I could hang out with her under the guise of getting a Slurpee. I went on this Slurpee kick for about a month, just so I could see her. I was like a god-damn puppy dog, lol.

Anyway, one night I got off work and went to get another Slurpee/Ashley fix. It was New Year's eve and I made my way across town in the snow and ice just in time for her to be clocking out. When I got inside, she was stuffing her arms full of beers and I creeped up behind her and whispered one of my inappropriately erotic-nonsenses in her ear. She was overjoyed to see me, and after we talked for a while, she asked if I wanted to come hang out with her and her friend and watch the ball drop. Now, I had been absolutely obsessing over this girl for months, and this was finally the opportunity I had been patiently waiting for as I chummed the waters each night. The fact that I'd finally struck gold sent electricity through my chest, but I had to play it cool. So I kind of shrugged my shoulders and let out an apathetic "Eh" sound. She responded exactly as I had hoped she would: by tilting her head, putting on an adorable little frown and gazing at me through her gorgeous green eyes saying "Come on...it'll be fun. It'll just be the three of us; we're gonna wrap our Christmas gifts and have a few drinks." After another moment of faux uninterest, I agreed.

After we left, I followed her out of town to an out-of-the-way car-pool that was still covered in fresh snow because it hadn't been driven on all day. We parked, and when I got out, she asked me if she could ride in my car because her Mustang wouldn't handle the icy mountain road that we needed to traverse in order to reach her friend's house. I was ecstatic that she and I were going to be driving through the middle of nowhere at 11:00 at night; snow pouring down outside of our toasty little car with no one around for miles. It seemed that everything I had been planning for (more in fancy than in any realistic expectation) was coming to fruition, systematically, in one single night.

As my little tank of a Honda chugged its way up the winding mountain road, Ashley and I began conversing and laughing about this and that. A few times, she grabbed my arm as we came close to sliding off the side of the road. It was every 19-year-old, inexperienced virgin's dream, and with someone I had been longing for all that time. A part of me hoped we'd break down and have to use one another's body heat for warmth...but no such luck.

Anyway, we finally reached her friend's house and went inside. There, we found Misty, her friend, and Misty's boyfriend. It wasn't exactly the 3-person gathering that I was promised - I now had another male with which to compete for the title of alpha male in the group. But that was ok; I shrugged it off and decided that it would work out better for me, because Misty had her guy, leaving Ashley and me as the only two without a partner. Surely this would not only encourage, but in the context of social minging, practically *force* Ashley and me together.

Instead, what transpired was the dismantling of everything my hopeful, immature and naieve mind had built up so confidently over the last few months. No sooner did we settle down on the couch than the bongs came out and the booze started flowing with impunity. I had gone to great lengths up until that point to avoid such things, and suddenly it was all being thrown in my face at once (I was still a christian at the time, which only compunded the shock). After taking a few hits off of her penis-shaped pipe, Ashley began an in-depth and almost shamelessy graphic conversation with Misty about how she (Ashley) had cheated on her current boyfriend and was sick of him being upset about it. This led to a drawn-out discussion about her philanderous sex life, which (somehow) led to more in-depth conversations about her drug habits.

I clenched my teeth and toughed it out until the ball finally dropped after the longest hour I've ever had to endure, at which point I stood up and announced that I should be heading home. Ashley let out a loud "Awww!" at my departure and gave me a big hug and told me to be safe and to call her the next day. I had no plans to, but I looked her in the eye and assured her that I would.

Needless to say, it was a bit of a traumatic night. The facade of a beautiful angel that I had envisioned and conversed with for so long was destroyed in one fell-swoop by the unfortunate and grotesque face of reality. I've seen her several times since that night, mainly in casual passing while out on the town, but I've made sure to keep my emotional distance. She's expressed concern over the fact that I suddenly put her at arm's length, but I've played it off as something I hadn't noticed, rather than explaining anything to her. (As of late, I do my best to avoid her entirely, for emotional reasons)

It's a great lesson to learn as you grow up. People generally suck, and they're not going to be the quaint fair maidens (or knights in shining armor) that you envision. Even those close to you can turn out to be something you never wanted to encounter. As much as it sucked (and still does, to be honest) that Ashley was destroyed in my eyes, I was lucky that she was revealed before I got in too deep with her. I wasn't granted that luxury with my ex fiance, and it nearly killed me.

Always gotta watch out; no matter who it is you're mingling with. My advice would be to refrain from all positive expectations. If you carry hope, you carry the inherant risk of being let down. Lose hope completely, however, and the only thing that can possibly happen is that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Misanthropik's post
14-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Nice heart-warming/breaking story there Miso

Maybe I missed something in the translation but are you saying that your balls didn't drop until you were 19?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-09-2012, 02:05 PM
(14-09-2012 10:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Nice heart-warming/breaking story there Miso

Maybe I missed something in the translation but are you saying that your balls didn't drop until you were 19?

20, actually. Lmao. It wasn't so much a matter of opportunity as it was a matter of morality. Like I said, I was a hardcore christian. Desires and opportunities were rampant, but I held strong.

Then at 20, my faith started to slip and I pounded the next piece of ass that came along. lol

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
14-09-2012, 09:01 PM
(14-09-2012 02:05 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 10:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Nice heart-warming/breaking story there Miso

20, actually. Lmao. It wasn't so much a matter of opportunity as it was a matter of morality. Like I said, I was a hardcore christian. Desires and opportunities were rampant, but I held strong.

Then at 20, my faith started to slip and I pounded the next piece of ass that came along. lol

Which proves that it is good without god... Sooooo good!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
15-09-2012, 06:45 AM
I am truly sorry about your story Misan. I can't believe that the bong and booze set you off. Do you see how Christianity has ruined your life? You could have been stoned, drunk and fucked that New Years. Terrible, terrible...

Big Grin

Next time you want your car to break down on a snowy road, don't go with Honda, try Al Bundy's Dodge rather. Hondas don't break down.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
15-09-2012, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 02:58 PM by Misanthropik.)
(14-09-2012 09:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 02:05 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  20, actually. Lmao. It wasn't so much a matter of opportunity as it was a matter of morality. Like I said, I was a hardcore christian. Desires and opportunities were rampant, but I held strong.

Which proves that it is good without god... Sooooo good!

It was made even better by the fact that the "next piece of ass" was a christian chick.

One of those "I can do whatever I want; as long as I have faith" kind of people.

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post