Curly Hair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Curly Hair
Hey other people with curly hair, I have a question. How often do u wash your hair? Me, my mother, and a few beauticians have been have this argument forever! I wash my hair every 3 days. My mom (even though her hair isn't curly it's totally Herbal Essences straight and shiny, and it's natural she gets it from granny) washes hers once a week. Her beautician says every 2 weeks is good for black women. My beautician says daily and use oil and moisturizer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Curly Hair
When....and if....you get to be my age, you'll have the experience and knowledge to know that whether or not you have curly hair will no longer be the issue. The issue will then be whether or not you have any hair at all...

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
23-11-2013, 12:22 PM
(23-11-2013 12:13 PM)RaisdCath Wrote:  When....and if....you get to be my age, you'll have the experience and knowledge to know that whether or not you have curly hair will no longer be the issue. The issue will then be whether or not you have any hair at all...

Seeing as I'm a girl I'd rather stick hot needles in my eyes (yes I know I'm not using them anyway) before I go bald. Not that bald men aren't awesome. And there r some bald women who can totally pull it off.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2013, 12:22 PM
It all depends on how much oil you produce. Hair should have a slight coat of oil. That keeps it supple and flexible and keeps it from breaking.

You can grow your own by not washing it for whatever time span is right for you personally, or you can wash as often as you like and use a tad of oil rubbed into or sprayed on your hair.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-11-2013, 12:26 PM
(23-11-2013 12:22 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(23-11-2013 12:13 PM)RaisdCath Wrote:  When....and if....you get to be my age, you'll have the experience and knowledge to know that whether or not you have curly hair will no longer be the issue. The issue will then be whether or not you have any hair at all...

Seeing as I'm a girl I'd rather stick hot needles in my eyes (yes I know I'm not using them anyway) before I go bald. Not that bald men aren't awesome. And there r some bald women who can totally pull it off.

Put it this way.....when you're bald, you can go to the store and buy whatever kind of hair you want....and change it as often as you want.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
23-11-2013, 04:03 PM
When I was young and handsome I had exceedingly thick and wavy hair,but started to go bald in my twenties.....shock horror.No
Wore a hair piece for a while; peeps kept laughing on windy days.Confused
Later opted for ERB and transplantation.Exrtremely painful,Muffs would have loved it.Laughat
Like to shave my head, but the excision scars make be look too vicious.>>Evil_monster
I am sure your hair looks lovely...Thumbsup
23-11-2013, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2013 09:32 PM by Dark Light.)
It isn't just a matter of curliness. Black people's hair is just different than Whites and Asians. Oil production is a big factor. When my hair used to be considerably longer it was wavy, and a bit curly, but it was very dry and I essentially had a white version of an Afro. Yes people, somewhere there are pictures. I washed my hair everyday, but perhaps I should've tried every other day. Even with plenty of conditioner it always grow out instead of down. Even now my hair can be a bit dry, but if I wait two days it looks greasy...I've tried it. I think ideally I would wash my hair every 36 hours...but I can't be fucked to keep up with that. I guess I'll just settle for dry hair.