Currently happening in Franklin NJ 07416

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Currently happening in Franklin NJ 07416
I had to find an alt route to work tonight. The police have a huge chunk of Rt 23 closed right now. It seems a 13 year old shot his/her mother and took dad hostage. I finally had to have my wife ask her family what was going on. For the past hour we had black unmarked trucks going by our house, turns out those are swat teams. Should be an interesting night. Just hope I can go home the normal way in the morning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2012, 11:59 PM
RE: Currently happening in Franklin NJ 07416
Other than my contacts there is no news about the event. Here is a link that shows it as a hostage situation, but no other details. http://www.traffic.com/controller/routin...intB=07416
18-11-2012, 12:09 AM
http://www.njherald.com/story/20128390/f...=printable

Finally found a link to a current news story about the event. There is not much about it. I guess there will be more when it is over.
18-11-2012, 12:10 AM
That will sure shake up the community. I hope no one else gets hurt. I've seen this scenario a few times in my career and almost every time it was a result of a deeper underlying issue in the family (abuse). Sorry to hear.
18-11-2012, 12:23 AM
It is nobody I know. I am attempting to get more info on this, but looks unlikely until the event is resolved.
18-11-2012, 02:13 AM
So, it is now after 3am in the morning and the road is still shown as blocked off. I wonder if this can even be resolved peacefully now. I guess only time will tell.
18-11-2012, 10:31 AM
http://www.njherald.com/story/20129354/s...n-after-12

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
18-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I remember living with my now way long ago ex, and we were in her parents house while her parents were living in ontario. Anyways there was this huge bear of a man that lived directly across the street who seemed like a nice guy, albeit a terrible parker.

She told me that when she was 12 or so he had flipped out and grabbed two of his rifles and a shotgun and had taken his family hostage. The cops blocked off the whole street and had guns out and everything. She watched him throw his wife to the ground and parade up and down the street telling the cops he was going to shoot everyone he saw if they didn't put him down.
They eventually did put him down, but with rubber bullets made for rioters. It took like 6 of them.

He wasn't crazy in the legal sense of the word, he had just had a bad day. He was held in psych for a week and then released. Neighbors... I tell ya.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user