Currently traveling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 02:46 AM
Currently traveling
As I sit in the Madrid airport awaiting to board my flight to Lisbon, I thought I'd reflect on my trip thus far. After a two-week TransAtlantic cruise, we arrived in Barcelona. I thoroughly enjoyed that city. I have to admit, if you are seriously pressed for time and want to see as many sites as possible, I highly recommend those hop-on hop-off city tours with the open-air double decker buses. They come by the stops every 10 minutes and they have free wifi and an audio guide with headphones.

One of the things that shocks me is security in these airports. When flying from Barcelona to Madrid and now from Madrid to Lisbon, our passports weren't checked until boarding. That is surprising to me.

Anyway, we're having a blast!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
06-05-2017, 07:03 AM
RE: Currently traveling
Gotta love Barcelona. Yes Tapas!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Yes, tapas and paella!!!!

In Lisbon now and had empanadas for lunch.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
12-05-2017, 09:12 AM
I was in Barcelona last fall. I did the hop-on/hop-off bus thing too.

Gotta say, it wasn't my favourite place. The Gaudi Museum was cool and the fountains overlooking the city were worthwhile, but to me it was just another big city with a ton of traffic.

Glad you had a good time, though.

How's Portugal?
13-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Just got back to the states and I wasn't a huge fan of Portugal, though I came down with a horrible sinus infection and have been sick the past five days. So I might have enjoyed Portugal more had I not been sick the last 2.5 days, but I loved Barcelona and all of Gaudí's contributions. Madrid was OK and two days were plenty.

----
15-05-2017, 04:35 AM
I spent Christmas in Barcelona once, it was lovely Smile

Still building that bloody cathedral though lol.

"Whatever you say, Stone Cold Steve Austin." - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
31-05-2017, 01:48 AM
I am going to Iceland next week. Booked tickes a while ago on https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/country/to-iceland . It's a bit unexpected trip, more on business. I have never been in that country but I have heard that it has incredibly beautiful nature, there are lots of tall trees.