Cursed Step Parents!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Cursed Step Parents!
I don't have a step parent, just a mom, but I do have friends who have step parents, and live in the stereotypically step-parent-ruled home.

Friend 1 absolutely despises her step mom. Some days they get along, but I see that her step mom contemplates lies just to get my friend grounded. And believe it or not, but she's always grounded. Sometimes, she can't even get a hold of her laptop for homework purposes, and this affects her grades in classes sometimes. I'm sure her parents are aware, they're just pretending to appear like they don't know.

Friend 2 also has a step mom, and he constantly fights and argues with her, and gets in trouble for it by his dad. He does not feel the need to get along with her, because he doesn't even want to get to know here. She gives him attitude and proves his right points wrong, just because she feels like it (well, in his eyes, feels like being a bitch.)

I know of other people who have serious problems with step parents. When you have a step parent, it's really hard to get along or adjust to someone foreign being a part of the family in the beginning, under certain circumstances. Stepping into the shoes and seeing through the eyes of a step parent, I could feel the pressure to want to be liked by their step child (if they even cared to be liked by the step child.) Under other circumstances, I don't think a step parent should constantly bitch and argue and ground their step children, just because it's fairly difficult for them to get along. I also see that step parents, typically step mothers have an overpowering sense of biological fathers. In both of my friends' cases, whenever they quarrel with their step moms, they always upset their fathers and it escalades into more trouble.

The point of this post is to bring up the subject generally, and to discuss what you think about it, and how it could possible be patched or helped in a way. I here about misconceptions with my friends and their step parents all the time, and they're seriously nothing I myself can do. But maybe there's a piece of advice that can settle this stupid nonsense, if not for even little periods at a time.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2011, 09:48 AM
RE: Cursed Step Parents!
(14-12-2011 09:43 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I don't have a step parent, just a mom, but I do have friends who have step parents, and live in the stereotypically step-parent-ruled home.

Friend 1 absolutely despises her step mom. Some days they get along, but I see that her step mom contemplates lies just to get my friend grounded. And believe it or not, but she's always grounded. Sometimes, she can't even get a hold of her laptop for homework purposes, and this affects her grades in classes sometimes. I'm sure her parents are aware, they're just pretending to appear like they don't know.

Friend 2 also has a step mom, and he constantly fights and argues with her, and gets in trouble for it by his dad. He does not feel the need to get along with her, because he doesn't even want to get to know here. She gives him attitude and proves his right points wrong, just because she feels like it (well, in his eyes, feels like being a bitch.)

I know of other people who have serious problems with step parents. When you have a step parent, it's really hard to get along or adjust to someone foreign being a part of the family in the beginning, under certain circumstances. Stepping into the shoes and seeing through the eyes of a step parent, I could feel the pressure to want to be liked by their step child (if they even cared to be liked by the step child.) Under other circumstances, I don't think a step parent should constantly bitch and argue and ground their step children, just because it's fairly difficult for them to get along. I also see that step parents, typically step mothers have an overpowering sense of biological fathers. In both of my friends' cases, whenever they quarrel with their step moms, they always upset their fathers and it escalades into more trouble.

The point of this post is to bring up the subject generally, and to discuss what you think about it, and how it could possible be patched or helped in a way. I here about misconceptions with my friends and their step parents all the time, and they're seriously nothing I myself can do. But maybe there's a piece of advice that can settle this stupid nonsense, if not for even little periods at a time.

I propose studying the life of Ghandi and MLK, JR. Civil disobedience works wonders.
Oh, you can be grounded? Hm...well, still the way of passive resistance is probably the best way to go til you reach 18.

I have a StepBob. We get along really well. But I was 28ish when they got married, and it's my fault they're married since I did the ceremony.

Ok, so none of this was really any help to your answer. I just felt like doing some early morning spouting off.

You're a good friend, Ferdy. That's what your friends need. Someone to be there and listen to them vent steam. You don't really have to offer solutions or try to fix things. Just be there for them and let them get their hurt emotions off their chests.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-12-2011, 09:52 AM

Despise? I wish that she would fall off the face of the Earth. Just disintegrate in thin air. HELL, if she was murdered, I would turn myself in for doing such a marvelous thing. I Hate her. I hate her more than one of my ex-boyfriends (Nick; Ferdinand knows him). I'm willing to live on the streets, under a bridge, with a pedophile, than live with her for one more second. She's the worst person that I have ever met. It's their fault that I can't look up things that I need to know for homework (as was mentioned) and they act like bad grades don't affect my self-image. WHY DO THEY THINK MY SELF-ESTEEM IS SOO BAD?! I'm disapointed in myself and I feel like I can't do ANYTHING to better myself. I'm ready to give up, but I couldn't cause my friends that much pain.

OH. As you can probably tell, I'm friend one.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes insidemyownmind's post
14-12-2011, 09:52 AM
(14-12-2011 09:48 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You're a good friend, Ferdy. That's what your friends need. Someone to be there and listen to them vent steam. You don't really have to offer solutions or try to fix things. Just be there for them and let them get their hurt emotions off their chests.

I do that. I listen. I let them talk. And I reply. But sometimes I just feel as if listening just isn't enough. Like I could provide a bolder way of comfort somehow. but perhaps it's just me and wanting to take in other peoples' problems as my own, and carry them as my burden until I've fixed or helped them, you know?

[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
14-12-2011, 09:53 AM
(14-12-2011 09:52 AM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  OH. As you can probably tell, I'm friend one.

Wait, what? Really?
Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Step Parents should have no say so in what you do. If i had a step parent say im grounded i would look at him and be like "This Dick!"
14-12-2011, 09:56 AM
(14-12-2011 09:52 AM)insidemyownmind Wrote:  Despise? I wish that she would fall off the face of the Earth. Just disintegrate in thin air. HELL, if she was murdered, I would turn myself in for doing such a marvelous thing. I Hate her. I hate her more than one of my ex-boyfriends (Nick; Ferdinand knows him). I'm willing to live on the streets, under a bridge, with a pedophile, than live with her for one more second. She's the worst person that I have ever met. It's their fault that I can't look up things that I need to know for homework (as was mentioned) and they act like bad grades don't affect my self-image. WHY DO THEY THINK MY SELF-ESTEEM IS SOO BAD?! I'm disapointed in myself and I feel like I can't do ANYTHING to better myself. I'm ready to give up, but I couldn't cause my friends that much pain.

OH. As you can probably tell, I'm friend one.

Imom, you wouldn't hurt a fly. I know for a fact that if I put a weapon in your hand, you'd break down from the thought of hating her so much you'd attempt to do such a thing. In time, things will get better. I really wish I had more comforting advice to give, but I don't; because I've never been in your situation, so the only way I can relate is just thinking about it. But most of the time, thinking just isn't enough, as much as imagining stepping into your shoes could help.
You won't have to live there forever.

[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
14-12-2011, 10:02 AM

(14-12-2011 09:54 AM)FlashbackToWinter Wrote:  Step Parents should have no say so in what you do. If i had a step parent say im grounded i would look at him and be like "This Dick!"

Who is my step-mom to tell me "You need to grow up."
That pisses me off more than ANYTHING that ANYONE has EVER told me.
They don't know the real me.
They don't read my blogs.
They don't know what I think about, everyday.
They don't know about the shit I put up with, everyday.
They don't know the names that I get called.
They don't know anything about me, and I wish they would stop acting like they do.
14-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Don't let that get to you lol Big Grin All the Christians and preps hate me, but you think i give a shit what they think lol
14-12-2011, 10:22 AM

(14-12-2011 10:19 AM)FlashbackToWinter Wrote:  Don't let that get to you lol Big Grin All the Christians and preps hate me, but you think i give a shit what they think lol

Yeah. But Michael, you don't have to live with them everyday..