Cursing, Swearing, Cussing, and Why I Just Don't Care

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 08:52 AM
RE: Cursing, Swearing, Cussing, and Why I Just Don't Care
Cursing & swearing isn't a negative thing, especially if it's used right.

It's a lot like pain, nobody should really want it, but the world would be a lot worse without it.

But a lot of people don't really know how to do it properly.

My rules:

1. Curse as little as possible, because it'll make for a greater effect when you do use it. (I curse more on this forum then I do in real life, mostly because that & emojis is the easiest way to convey emotion through text on a forum)

I think I was working at this job for almost a year before the first fuck parted my lips. The stunned look on my co-worker's faces was priceless Shy

2. Try to use it only for something/someone that actually deserves it. So many people waste fucks & shits on common day to day little annoyances, it gets tiresome. It's much like people that over use words like AMAZING, INCREDIBLE & AWESOME etc... to describe things like how good their breakfast was... I mean what words are they gonna have left when something actually amazing happens like if they win the lottery or a super model asks them out on a date.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
29-07-2017, 09:37 AM
People think I'm angry when I'm not swearing like a drunk hairless pirate monkey.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-07-2017, 10:16 AM
(29-07-2017 08:52 AM)unsapien Wrote:  2. Try to use it only for something/someone that actually deserves it. So many people waste fucks & shits on common day to day little annoyances, it gets tiresome. It's much like people that over use words like AMAZING, INCREDIBLE & AWESOME etc... to describe things like how good their breakfast was... I mean what words are they gonna have left when something actually amazing happens like if they win the lottery or a super model asks them out on a date.

I'm way more liberal with my fucks. It's a tried and trusty word. No need to get inventive. I just reach for my fuck-gun and let fly Tongue If you quibble that I'm devaluing the fuck, then my dear sir, I shall just fuck more. Smile Also, have you tried modulating the tone, and using in combination? FUCKING amazing, let me tell you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-07-2017, 10:54 AM
(29-07-2017 07:36 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...cunt, cocksucker and fuck are still pending.

Not on Australian TV. This is just another example of the puritanical nature of American society. And which is why American media still airbrushes female nipples out of existence LOL.

You need to come and see our fucking society. The puritanical nature of "mainstream" TV is not an accurate reflection by any means. The TV morons are afraid of the Christers, so they play that game. Cable gets away with because they don't need advertising. And the quantity of fucking in GoT and Spartacus indicates nicely what the public wants.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2017, 11:31 AM
(29-07-2017 10:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm way more liberal with my fucks. It's a tried and trusty word. No need to get inventive. I just reach for my fuck-gun and let fly Tongue If you quibble that I'm devaluing the fuck, then my dear sir, I shall just fuck more. Smile Also, have you tried modulating the tone, and using in combination? FUCKING amazing, let me tell you.

Well to each his own I guess but...my step brother was always fuckity this, fuckity that, he fuckadoodled all day to the point that his fucks had all the power of pellet gun.

But there's nothing like saving it up knowing that when you need it you can lob a room stopping fuck-grenade into a crowd...so to speak Blush

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
29-07-2017, 11:31 AM
(29-07-2017 10:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You need to come and see our fucking society. The puritanical nature of "mainstream" TV is not an accurate reflection by any means. The TV morons are afraid of the Christers, so they play that game. Cable gets away with because they don't need advertising. And the quantity of fucking in GoT and Spartacus indicates nicely what the public wants.

Personally, I take repeated cursing to be unimaginative, and therefore symptomatic of laziness.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
29-07-2017, 11:34 AM
(29-07-2017 10:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 08:52 AM)unsapien Wrote:  2. Try to use it only for something/someone that actually deserves it. So many people waste fucks & shits on common day to day little annoyances, it gets tiresome. It's much like people that over use words like AMAZING, INCREDIBLE & AWESOME etc... to describe things like how good their breakfast was... I mean what words are they gonna have left when something actually amazing happens like if they win the lottery or a super model asks them out on a date.

I'm way more liberal with my fucks. It's a tried and trusty word. No need to get inventive. I just reach for my fuck-gun and let fly Tongue If you quibble that I'm devaluing the fuck, then my dear sir, I shall just fuck more. Smile Also, have you tried modulating the tone, and using in combination? FUCKING amazing, let me tell you.

I'm afraid that I'm too liberal with my fucks - I blame Polish politicians for this though as without their idiocy I would use far less swear words. There's also church and nationalists... Seems like I'm predestined to swear a lot.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
29-07-2017, 12:43 PM
(29-07-2017 11:31 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 10:54 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You need to come and see our fucking society. The puritanical nature of "mainstream" TV is not an accurate reflection by any means. The TV morons are afraid of the Christers, so they play that game. Cable gets away with because they don't need advertising. And the quantity of fucking in GoT and Spartacus indicates nicely what the public wants.

Personally, I take repeated cursing to be unimaginative, and therefore symptomatic of laziness.

Lovely. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-07-2017, 01:19 PM
Sort of on topic, sort of not-----Having a young grandchild, I am that lady in the grocery store parking lot who will have something to say to you when you return to your car when your fucking radio is so goddamn loud in the parking lot WHILE YOUR ASS IS INSIDE THE STORE and the content of the music involves beating Ho women and raping your mother-fucking bitch. G-kid has heard me curse, heard his daddy curse, gets the concept of "grown-up words." But I admit it, I have a problem with people blasting music advocating violence towards women. Or towards anyone. Speaking up about it in parking lots may get me shot one day. But I have a very hard time walking past it without saying something. Offended? Yes. Angry? Oh hell yes. You have a right to listen to any (so-called) music you wish. But I don't think you have a right to force me and my little grandkid to hear it. It's kind of like religion in that way...

[Image: 3b74dcd3ebfb1fada923b55021ec279f.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
29-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Am I the only one to notice that the OP passed up a perfectly fine opportunity to title the thread "[...] and why I don't give a fuck"?
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post