Cursing and obscenities in the workplace

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 04:24 AM
Cursing and obscenities in the workplace
I curse like a sailor. I fucking love that shit lol. I've had many jobs where cursing was a very big deal. In my opinion I feel as adults, we have the capacity to get over it if we hear something we don't like. After much thought, ( in non customer service jobs) there's no real reason I can't say goddammit if I hit my head or stub my toe, but obviously it offends someone. I blame religious zealots and their need to be the top tier religion ( I mostly deal with Christians) every where they go. Am I just being immature, or is there a real reason I shouldn't be able to speak freely and without persecution?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: Cursing and obscenities in the workplace
(12-11-2015 04:24 AM)Eyeluvhotwings Wrote:  I curse like a sailor. I fucking love that shit lol. I've had many jobs where cursing was a very big deal. In my opinion I feel as adults, we have the capacity to get over it if we hear something we don't like. After much thought, ( in non customer service jobs) there's no real reason I can't say goddammit if I hit my head or stub my toe, but obviously it offends someone. I blame religious zealots and their need to be the top tier religion ( I mostly deal with Christians) every where they go. Am I just being immature, or is there a real reason I shouldn't be able to speak freely and without persecution?

There is no reason that you shouldn't be allowed to curse until your heart is content.

... It's just that your employer might not like that, and there is no reason that they have to listen to it, either.

Don't expect the world to change overnight. Look at the difference in our society from 1950 to today. Things will change naturally over the course of time. Just be patient and courteously persistent. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
12-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Study shows people that curses a lot are more often telling the truth. I fucking knew it Laugh out load

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like izel's post
12-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Just make sure you choose a swear friendly job Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
12-11-2015, 08:30 AM
It depends on the workplace and the job. You want to know that people you work with are professionals. Swearing might be fine in some jobs, but... say a funeral director... that shit ain't gonna fly.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
12-11-2015, 08:39 AM
I swear a lot. I grew up Irish Catholic, but my entire family swears like truck drivers. It's kind of bizarre because besides incessantly swearing, my family (me excluded) is quite conservative. We were taught no sex before marriage, say your Hail Mary's, the church is sacred, pray to God, Jesus, and saints, blah blah blah. I'm also from MA and we love using the word Fuck in a variety of ways Wink Unfortunately, I don't work in a job where it's okay to swear--so i do kind of have to watch myself. Wink

[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
12-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Bad words weren't always "bad" ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7dQh8u4Hc
[+] 1 user Likes mediocrates's post
12-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Depends where you are. I worked in the engine room of a few US Navy ships, and the language there could blister the paint off the bulkheads. I don't swear so much now as then, having worked as an engineer for many years. A more polite speech mode is required when you are dealing with government big shots.
12-11-2015, 05:23 PM
Cursing is great when it's inserted here and there but it loses it's potency when overdone. Kinda like too much of a good thing.

I also like some intelligence behind the cursing otherwise it's dumb.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
12-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Blistered some paint off the wall of my garage today. I brought my carving tool chest out of the garage and set it onto the dolly to carry it to the van. The gas company put in an RFID meter which is about 6" further from the wall than the old one, and I barked about .5 square centimeters of skin off one of my knuckles when I set the chest down. The chest weighs about 50 pounds. Ima move the meter back to the wall; just need to go buy some fittings. Might as well put on the earthquake shutoff valve while I'm at it. Fucking California, anyfuckingway.