Cursing and obscenities in the workplace

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: Cursing and obscenities in the workplace
In my years as an auto mechanic, I learned that some cars will not go back together without swearing at the fuckers. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
12-11-2015, 09:27 PM
(12-11-2015 09:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  In my years as an auto mechanic, I learned that some cars will not go back together without swearing at the fuckers. Dodgy

Growing up with my dad - who had quite the colorful vocabulary - made me sure that swearing is required when fixing or building anything. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-11-2015, 10:10 PM
(12-11-2015 09:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  In my years as an auto mechanic, I learned that some cars will not go back together without swearing at the fuckers. Dodgy

'specially Fords. Another thing I learned from my dad was throwing tools, but I outgrew that habit when I was still a little single-digit age monster...mostly Facepalm

Sometimes a BFH is required. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-11-2015, 10:52 PM
(12-11-2015 04:24 AM)Eyeluvhotwings Wrote:  I curse like a sailor. I fucking love that shit lol. I've had many jobs where cursing was a very big deal. In my opinion I feel as adults, we have the capacity to get over it if we hear something we don't like. After much thought, ( in non customer service jobs) there's no real reason I can't say goddammit if I hit my head or stub my toe, but obviously it offends someone. I blame religious zealots and their need to be the top tier religion ( I mostly deal with Christians) every where they go. Am I just being immature, or is there a real reason I shouldn't be able to speak freely and without persecution?

You're being a cunt. Stop it before the little bitches in your workplace starting shitting bricks sideways.
12-11-2015, 11:24 PM
Cursing and obscenities in the workplace
Obscenities is a relative term. My father was Bronx Irish. So, y'know, cursing was a fucking hobby. And he had been a mechanic so I agree those goddamn bastards need a few words to get shit to fit.

My mother is Nova Scotian, but telling someone to eat shit in French makes some ooh and aah.

And then there's the uncle and godfather whose family was from Italy. So learned a few nice words in Italian.

At work, it was never a problem. The only time it was when we had a self-described little old lady who didn't like "fuck" and its derivatives. Her first husband was horribly abusive and used it all the time.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post