Customer service proselytizing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Customer service proselytizing?
So I call a customer service line today and he proceeds to talk to me about Christ and how we all killed him, etc. I'm calling to have my pond pump warranty honored and this guy starts talking about Christ. Really? I just laughed it off because I was getting what I want, but if it was just routine I would have laid into this guy. Big balls on Christians.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 11:04 AM
RE: Customer service proselytizing?
(05-06-2015 10:59 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  So I call a customer service line today and he proceeds to talk to me about Christ and how we all killed him, etc. I'm calling to have my pond pump warranty honored and this guy starts talking about Christ. Really? I just laughed it off because I was getting what I want, but if it was just routine I would have laid into this guy. Big balls on Christians.

After you get it or whatever I would consider calling back and speaking with a manager because it's inappropriate and rather unprofessional.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Well, I've heard some strange things but this is whole new level. Laugh is appropriate response to such nonsense I think.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
05-06-2015, 11:08 AM
And he started talking about his stepkids and how they blame him for their problems. He also said something like we all killed Christ, yada, yada, yada. It all started with him saying my name meant Christ follower, which made my sweet tea come out of my nose. IRL my first name is Christopher.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
05-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Should of asked him if he fancied his chances of walking across the surface of the pond! Wink

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 3 users Like LostLegend's post
05-06-2015, 11:11 AM
(05-06-2015 10:59 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  So I call a customer service line today and he proceeds to talk to me about Christ and how we all killed him, etc. I'm calling to have my pond pump warranty honored and this guy starts talking about Christ. Really? I just laughed it off because I was getting what I want, but if it was just routine I would have laid into this guy. Big balls on Christians.

I know for the companies I've worked for this would be grounds for some rather nasty disciplinary action or even termination for the employee. Religion is a big no no discussion topic in customer service, i've had to dance around it when people tried to religion up on calls when I used to be on the phones for my job, usually by trying to change the topic.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
05-06-2015, 11:14 AM
(05-06-2015 11:08 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  And he started talking about his stepkids and how they blame him for their problems. He also said something like we all killed Christ, yada, yada, yada. It all started with him saying my name meant Christ follower, which made my sweet tea come out of my nose. IRL my first name is Christopher.

I would have said, how can we have killed a man that never existed, wonder what would his response to that would have been.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 2 users Like Worom's post
05-06-2015, 11:17 AM
(05-06-2015 11:08 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  And he started talking about his stepkids and how they blame him for their problems. He also said something like we all killed Christ, yada, yada, yada. It all started with him saying my name meant Christ follower, which made my sweet tea come out of my nose. IRL my first name is Christopher.

This is a huge issue with customer service today -- don't know if it's because people have become used to over-sharing thanks to twitter or Facebook. Making a little small talk as you look up information is one thing, taking the opportunity to complain about ones family members to a rather captive audience isn't cool.

You should send him a bill for your therapy services. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-06-2015, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 11:45 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(05-06-2015 11:11 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  Should of asked him if he fancied his chances of walking across the surface of the pond! Wink

"Briggs Customer Service, how may I help you?"
"The pump in my pond isn't working."
"Does it have power?"
"Yes."
"Is the intake below the water level?"
"Yes, of course it is."
"Is it clear of any obstructions?"
"I don't know, I'll go look." [footsteps crunching through leaves]
"Jesus Christ!"
"Are you okay, sir?"
"I'm fine -- but I've got Jesus Christ stuck in the intake! What do I do?"
"It's okay, sir, calm down. Turn the pump off, close the intake valve, and then gently remove the body."
"Wait, this has happened before?"
"Yes, every so often we get a call from someone in Oklahoma and it turns out Jesus is blocking the intake. It's a simple fix, really."
"Wow, he was doing a miracle here on my pond?"
"Trying, sir. He was trying to perform a miracle ... but here at Briggs, we make our pumps so powerful that even the Lord himself had best learn to swim."
[sound of switches being turned on]"Well, thanks for your help. What should I do with the body?"
"Oh, just put it behind a rock on your property, it'll disappear in a couple of days."
[+] 14 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Briggs and Stratton -- it's no BS.....

er...

Well, it sorta is.....

Wonder why they don't use that in their adverts??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post