Customer service proselytizing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Customer service proselytizing?
You could have said "sorry, but I am muslim. I believe that jesus was another prophet and didn't die on the cross, instead he made one of his disciples look like him and they crucified him instead."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Iñigo's post
05-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Believe me, if I didn't get satisfaction I would be ripping into him like a monkey on a cupcake?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2015, 01:43 PM
(05-06-2015 10:59 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  So I call a customer service line today and he proceeds to talk to me about Christ and how we all killed him, etc. I'm calling to have my pond pump warranty honored and this guy starts talking about Christ. Really? I just laughed it off because I was getting what I want, but if it was just routine I would have laid into this guy. Big balls on Christians.

I went to a rodeo last year and the announcer usually does a prayer before the event. I don't mind that but last year he went on for several minutes about how Christ was the only way and that you couldn't be a good father, husband or person without Christ. He actually said you could not be moral without believing in Christ. Now I had been invited by some people and they had paid for the tickets so I didn't make a scene but I was furious. Had I paid I'd have walked out and demanded my money back. I guess their motto is never let a captive audience go to waste.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
05-06-2015, 01:44 PM
(05-06-2015 11:04 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 10:59 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  So I call a customer service line today and he proceeds to talk to me about Christ and how we all killed him, etc. I'm calling to have my pond pump warranty honored and this guy starts talking about Christ. Really? I just laughed it off because I was getting what I want, but if it was just routine I would have laid into this guy. Big balls on Christians.

After you get it or whatever I would consider calling back and speaking with a manager because it's inappropriate and rather unprofessional.

You are right. The business owner needs to know this is going on. It could potentially cost him business.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
05-06-2015, 01:56 PM
(05-06-2015 11:08 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  And he started talking about his stepkids and how they blame him for their problems. He also said something like we all killed Christ, yada, yada, yada. It all started with him saying my name meant Christ follower, which made my sweet tea come out of my nose. IRL my first name is Christopher.

Christopher Willhopp.... You've got a real jesus/easter bunny thing going on. Thumbsup
Christ will hop on easter. Laugh out load
05-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Ohh...man, I love screwing with people. That would have been the perfect opportunity!!!

**Crickets** -- God
05-06-2015, 02:48 PM
(05-06-2015 11:08 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  And he started talking about his stepkids and how they blame him for their problems. He also said something like we all killed Christ, yada, yada, yada. It all started with him saying my name meant Christ follower, which made my sweet tea come out of my nose. IRL my first name is Christopher.

Not follower of Christ.

But Christ handsome lad. Laughat

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Opher

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.