Cyanobacteria, our little hero

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2014, 08:17 PM
RE: Cyanobacteria, our little hero
He probably actually thinks Feser knows what he's talking about.
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...-theology/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2014, 09:37 PM
I don't think I've ever had a philosophy class where Natural Law was taken seriously as anything other than an historically outmoded construct.

However "You have to read six books before you can even argue against my genius theory" is the kind of rhetoric you'd expect from a Community College, or the OP.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
02-03-2014, 09:53 PM
(02-03-2014 09:37 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  I don't think I've ever had a philosophy class where Natural Law was taken seriously as anything other than an historically outmoded construct.

However "You have to read six books before you can even argue against my genius theory" is the kind of rhetoric you'd expect from a Community College, or the OP.

I've read Feser's "triangle" nonsense. He actually thinks that the fact that humans recognize a triangle, and name it as such, proves somehow the Greek concept of "forms" and that what we perceive as a triangle is (only) part of the "essence" of "triangularity". (His entire system of morality ... he's a fundie Catholic) is built on that junk. It's hilarious. The refutation is SO obvious, a child could do it. But, I plan on a revue of his "The Last Superstition" at some point, so I'll keep it to myself for now.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-03-2014, 10:43 PM
(02-03-2014 07:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yes. That's what the video I posted said.

oh, ok !! So, because the video said it, it must be true! ?!!

amazing.... are you really that simplistic, or is that a joke ?
02-03-2014, 10:50 PM
(02-03-2014 07:40 PM)toadaly Wrote:  How does that negate that all evolution is micro-evolution? It's doesn't matter what labels you use.

http://scienceagainstevolution.info/v13i8f.htm
02-03-2014, 10:50 PM
(02-03-2014 10:43 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 07:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Yes. That's what the video I posted said.

oh, ok !! So, because the video said it, it must be true! ?!!

amazing.... are you really that simplistic, or is that a joke ?

The only joke here is how you think that replacing your absolute and complete ignorance with 'therefore my god did it' is anything but a travesty of intellectual honesty. You're still ignorant as all hell, but now you can pretend to yourself (because the rest of us are not fooled) into thinking you 'know' things, when you still know nothing.

Seriously, I'm gone a week and I have to come back to this drek? Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-03-2014, 10:56 PM
(02-03-2014 10:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Seriously, I'm gone a week and I have to come back to this drek? Facepalm

Indeed, i think the same . Thats why i am done. I am wasting my time with fool ignorants, and in puberty being ranting schoolyard boy's.

last post at this board. Hobo
02-03-2014, 11:50 PM
(02-03-2014 10:50 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 07:40 PM)toadaly Wrote:  How does that negate that all evolution is micro-evolution? It's doesn't matter what labels you use.

http://scienceagainstevolution.info/v13i8f.htm

There's nothing original or interesting in that link. It's the same old young earth clap trap regurgitated endlessly. It does not explain you're assertion that micro-evolution can not result in new species.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
03-03-2014, 12:29 AM
I throw the UC Berkeley "Misconceptions about Evolution" link out a lot, because it answers all of the "evolution is faulty science" talking points commonly raised on sites like that.

"Wouldn't someone who is dead-set against a position want to put their conformation bias aside long enough to read up on the worldview they oppose, at least to form better arguments?"

But that's the fundamental difference between those who have made an informed decision, and those who "already have all the answers" and aren't willing to question them: They avoid challenging their worldview, because they're afraid they might learn something that introduces doubt.

Instead, they amass a bunch of "sources" that confirm what they believe, only gather evidence that bolsters their opinion, pile it up in a monument to their own ignorance, hunker down inside it, and hurl insults at anyone who questions them.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
03-03-2014, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2014 12:49 AM by rampant.a.i..)
(02-03-2014 10:56 PM)Godexists Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 10:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Seriously, I'm gone a week and I have to come back to this drek? Facepalm

Indeed, i think the same . Thats why i am done. I am wasting my time with fool ignorants, and in puberty being ranting schoolyard boy's.

last post at this board. Hobo

From someone allegedly enrolled in college classes, should read:
"Indeed, I agree. That's why I am done wasting my time with ignorant fools, and the prepubescent playground rants of boys."

Or from an academic:
"Clearly I have provided insufficient evidence to support my claims. Perhaps my original and un-plagiarized summary of these peer-reviewed articles will change your minds. *Articles and summaries*"

Stay in school.

[+] 4 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post