Cyanobacteria, our little hero

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2014, 09:22 PM
RE: Cyanobacteria, our little hero
(03-03-2014 07:54 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 06:16 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  Thanks guys. I always like starting my week watching you demolish stupidity. Gives me a buzz. ;P

Hey! What's with that signature about gravity? Gravity is only a theory you know! Tongue

OMG! You're right! I better go jump off a building now. Thank you for enlightening me! Tongue

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post
04-03-2014, 01:35 PM
(03-03-2014 09:22 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 07:54 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  Hey! What's with that signature about gravity? Gravity is only a theory you know! Tongue

OMG! You're right! I better go jump off a building now. Thank you for enlightening me! Tongue

Now........ hold there punkin. No jumping off buildings. Not a good plan.Tongue

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
04-03-2014, 01:41 PM
(04-03-2014 01:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Now........ hold there punkin. No jumping off buildings. Not a good plan.Tongue

WitchSabrina! I wondered where you got off to. I'm aka Mister Agenda.
04-03-2014, 01:43 PM
(04-03-2014 01:41 PM)Dean J. Smith Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 01:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Now........ hold there punkin. No jumping off buildings. Not a good plan.Tongue

Mr. A.!

[Image: AudienceClapping.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
04-03-2014, 06:04 PM
(04-03-2014 01:35 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 09:22 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  OMG! You're right! I better go jump off a building now. Thank you for enlightening me! Tongue

Now........ hold there punkin. No jumping off buildings. Not a good plan.Tongue

But... but... gravity is just a theory! Wink

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
04-03-2014, 07:24 PM
(04-03-2014 01:41 PM)Dean J. Smith Wrote:  

((((( BIG HUG )))))) Mr Agenda Man !!!!!!!!!!!!! Very happy to see you hon!!

HeartClap

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
27-03-2016, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 06:08 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(01-03-2014 06:54 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 10:04 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The inability to describe one evolutionary pathway does not discredit the theory.

When a road leads to a dead end, it's rational to search for another solution.

nope

it's more like were driving in the fog we can't see the road but that doesn't mean the roads not there and we can imagine and boastfully proclaim the only solution is the car is a flying carpet (intelligent design) the one path we don't know does not undo a million paths we have worked out that's clear cherrypicking

what we don't know doesn't favor any alternative conclusion specific empirical evidence for said the specific proposal is needed in the exact context it's being used in (humans reorganizing pre-existing matter into a car by naturalistic means does not justify the belief that god poofed a cell into being from scratch

a conclusion being rational doesn't make it right the ether was rational science isn't merely content with what is rational this isn't the medieval ages and we no longer debate how many angels rest on the head of a pin

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
27-03-2016, 04:53 PM
They went to the tomb three days hence and looked within.

And behold! The thread had risen from the dead.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
27-03-2016, 04:56 PM
(27-03-2016 04:53 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  They went to the tomb three days hence and looked within.

And behold! The thread had risen from the dead.

Awesome!!!!Big GrinBig Grin

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
27-03-2016, 05:34 PM
That moment a thread is resurrected on Easter and you see you had contributed to it in the past only to scan 16 pages and see you made one snarky comment toward a delusional theist. I'll never get those 10 minutes back. Thanks for the necropost Draco. Angry

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post