Cybernetics.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Cybernetics.
(12-08-2012 09:26 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I thought this was about the technology in the future?
Whats with the capitalism and profits and political stuffs.

Earmuffs likes to bring his god into a lot of discussions; a theistic one track mind.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Is this from Ray Kurzweil? I ask because I first heard of him from the group Green Day, and this is the type of thinking he has. The prediction timing seems impossible, but from what I have read, Kurzweil is trying his best to live that long in order to get his self made into something of an Avatar.

Also, the narration said 2050 when it 2045 on the screen. And then the mention of 'Flying cars' had me roll my eyes. We haven't even got self-guiding cars in mainstream use yet. Flying? It gives me the sense of 'jumping the gun'.

It's an interesting idea, on video, but I can't help but view it as 'science fiction', easily for the next 100 years.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2012, 01:58 PM
(12-08-2012 08:10 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 08:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Money is what makes the world go around son.

No, that would be the gravitational pull as the planet formed, you theistic nut-job.

Lies!

It''s actually a giant machine that requires yearly donations of quarters into it's money slot.

True story brah.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
12-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Cybernetics.
(12-08-2012 10:47 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Is this from Ray Kurzweil? I ask because I first heard of him from the group Green Day, and this is the type of thinking he has. The prediction timing seems impossible, but from what I have read, Kurzweil is trying his best to live that long in order to get his self made into something of an Avatar.

Also, the narration said 2050 when it 2045 on the screen. And then the mention of 'Flying cars' had me roll my eyes. We haven't even got self-guiding cars in mainstream use yet. Flying? It gives me the sense of 'jumping the gun'.

It's an interesting idea, on video, but I can't help but view it as 'science fiction', easily for the next 100 years.

Flying cars do exist. I'll find a link when I'm back on my 'puter, or someone else can find it for my lazy ass. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-08-2012, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 04:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-08-2012 10:47 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Is this from Ray Kurzweil? I ask because I first heard of him from the group Green Day, and this is the type of thinking he has. The prediction timing seems impossible, but from what I have read, Kurzweil is trying his best to live that long in order to get his self made into something of an Avatar.

Kurzweil posits that technology follows an exponential curve and we are living at the inflection point. If he is right, and he has proved prescient before, since technology advances at an exponential rate muffinhead's point about the rich getting it first is rather moot. Kinda like paying 10x more to be the first on the block to have what everyone on the block is gonna be able to afford in a week. Conspicuous consumption laid bare in all of its glorious narcissistic absurdity.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Girly, I feel let down that you didn't have my back on posting this.

Here ya go, CTS. Flying cars!

[Image: TransitionFoldedRampSky.jpg]

http://www.terrafugia.com/

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-08-2012, 05:04 PM
(12-08-2012 04:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Girly, I feel let down that you didn't have my back on posting this.

Here ya go, CTS. Flying cars!

[Image: TransitionFoldedRampSky.jpg]

http://www.terrafugia.com/

My bad, Hellbound. Didn't want to steal your thunder. That and I live 0.5 miles from my place of employment. Girly don't drive let alone fly. Wink

I'm far more interested in an artificial pancreas, liver, and testicles so I can continue my hedonistic decadence for eternity. ... Or at least until I'm ready to opt out. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Cybernetics.
How about a jet pack?

~Izel
12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
(12-08-2012 05:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  How about a jet pack?

God damn, that's like asking if someone wants a bit of cake. Who the fuck doesn't want a bit of cake. Stupid question.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Cybernetics.
(12-08-2012 05:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 05:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  How about a jet pack?

God damn, that's like asking if someone wants a bit of cake. Who the fuck doesn't want a bit of cake. Stupid question.

Well yes, but Girly threw me off with his disinterest in flying cars.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post