Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
03-06-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: Cyclist - what are you riding
I bought one of these yesterday...
[Image: img1.jpg]

Flatmate's birthday.

Today she's talking about getting a bike so we went to the bike shop and she tried out a few different styles including ...
[Image: l.jpg]

As we watched her saddle up and ride away as she road-tested them, the shop assistant and I agreed that he had a great job.
[Image: ew6Z9.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Wow - I haven't been to the bike shop lately so, I haven't seen those giant rims with fat tires - that looks great!! (Oh... please don't make me want another bike. Dodgy 4 is enough.)

My better bike is still my shitty old off road/street hybrid- Gary Fischer, Silver Series, Solstice. I think it has like 24 gears ... something like that... whatever.

When I want something uncomplicated...(no gears) I have a old bike I found in a ditch. I tricked it out with white walls, a comfy (vintage) springy Schwinn cruising saddle and a front wicker basket. It has fenders- perfect for puddle splashing- and I have a nice bell. It's got that 60s, streamlined, kind of classic look about it ... I painted it a nice dark, cosmic blue with a purple butterfly on the fork a few years ago. Consider I think it's time for some touch up.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-06-2014, 02:19 PM
I don't have the technology to post pictures, but I have two working bikes: (1) A Cannondale hybrid that I use for commuting and errands. It was an insurance replacement for my old Trek hybrid (which was given to me by a friend) that was destroyed when a car hit me from behind a few years ago. Amazingly, I wasn't hurt at all. It's kind of a dog, performancewise (and comfortwise), but I can ride it to work in any kind of weather and never clean it and not feel guilty. (2) A Serotta Ottrott that I use for recreational rides on weekends. It is a "dream bike" (and called such by Bicycling magazine around 10 years ago) that cost way too much, but I have never regretted buying it. I can ride it all day on tough terrain (it's very hilly around here) and still feel good at the end of the day. It blows the Cannondale away (and should, considering the difference in price). I don't ride it to work, I don't ride it in bad weather (at least not intentionally), and I do keep it clean and maintained (and would feel guilty if I didn't).
03-06-2014, 02:22 PM
[Image: magnet-heimtrainer-circular-h6.jpg]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
03-06-2014, 02:53 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
A mountain bike of some sort.
03-06-2014, 08:27 PM
None, including menstrual Cool

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
03-06-2014, 09:40 PM
[Image: honda-motorcycle11023130336271.jpg]

1993 Honda Nighthawk 750 Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-06-2014, 02:16 PM
(03-06-2014 09:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  [Image: honda-motorcycle11023130336271.jpg]

1993 Honda Nighthawk 750 Thumbsup

Did you know that I tend to have the habit of stealing bikes?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube